The LONGEST Day

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 12:19 PM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The LONGEST Day

For me, it will be today.

I decided to bug my dealer on Wednesday and try to get my VIN again. Salesman not there but I left a message.

Thursday, I go to work and decide not to bring my cell phone. I come home that night and get a message that says "Craig, give me a call as soon as you get home". Crap, it's 1030pm and it sounds like I missed out on something. I go ahead and call back to tell him call me ASAP on Friday morning. I look up nissandriven.com's inventory and see a Z at my dealer with my options plus the aero package and splash guards.

This morning, Friday, my salesman calls me and says that they have a CS 6MT Z with my options plus some where the buyer had to back out. Come in and look at it. Come in? Hell, I'm going to buy it.

There it was. BEAUTIFUL! Navy Fed can't get the lease paperwork in until Saturday morning but it's mine at $580/month for a 3yr lease.

Now, the wait. I am not going to tell the wife. I'll surprise her tomorrow as she has more enthusiasm than I do for it to come in. Ordered 6/17 and will have it 9/28 (mine was expected in Nov).

As much as I hated the space the posts took for those who were ecstatic about their arrivals. Now I know why they posted. I had to tell someone without giving away the surprise. Thanks for the spending the time to read the post.

Now, when is the next Austin or SA meeting?

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!
Old 09-27-2002, 12:26 PM
Michael-Dallas

Hey Craig,

Congrats and welcome back stateside. I remember you from the tt.net days (you had a 96 TT).

You should drive up to DFW where both of our cars'll match.

Michael.
Old 09-27-2002, 12:36 PM
stx

Congrats!

I too live in Corpus Christi. I ordered on Feb. 1 and still have to wait till Oct. 22 for mine.

I think I saw your car getting prepped. I went by the dealer yesterday afternoon to look at the red touring they received and saw a CS in line to be cleaned. It looked like it had charcoal leather seats and it had the spoiler. It was awesome looking!

Once again congrats!
Old 09-27-2002, 12:44 PM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Michael, that is me. Only sold it because I was going to be limited in the mods. You also had the HRE's right? If so, are you getting some more? I might. I will be up there a few times to finally see you guys.

stx, that is the one. Hope to see you driving around in yours.

atcga, looks like it was a move up for both of us. I just didn't have to go through hell like you.

Thanks guys.
Old 09-27-2002, 12:52 PM
Michael-Dallas

Hey Craig,

You're thinking of Myke that moved to DFW from Hawaii.

Myke totalled his Super Black 93 TT by getting broadsided by a pickup (a Nissan, ironically). It only had like 23k miles!!! After that devastation, he picked up a pearl white 92 TT, but it was never the same. He sold that and last I heard, he's in a Camry and just waiting for that perfect car.

It's good to see you're still in the Z family though. The 350 really exceeded my expectations by a long shot.

Michael.