Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

what is this button inside of 350z?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 07:37 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

That's cool. When I drove my dad's Jag XK8 a while back, I noticed that when there were high beams behind me, it automatically adjusted to it and I just assumed that the mirror tilted up a little (like it does when you flip that little tap on the bottom of it manually). So it gets darker huh? Do you know HOW it does that?
Old 06-07-2002, 07:38 AM
2003z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure, but I think its LCD
Old 06-07-2002, 07:40 AM
Todd

Originally posted by Touring6MT_Z

Bonz,

Those extra buttons can be programmed for the extra garage doors or can be programmed to turn on HomeLink control lightning or remote power on anything in your house. You have to buy HomeLink control modules, probably from Radio Shack I think.
I love that feature too. Wouldn't do without it. Of course I said the same thing about steering wheel mounted radio controls, but they aren't there. Oh well.....
Old 06-07-2002, 07:50 AM
irishfan

The extra button allows you to deploy the passenger side airbag for those cases when you are driving with your wife and she tells you to slow down because you are making her nervous.
Old 06-07-2002, 07:55 AM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
So it gets darker huh? Do you know HOW it does that?
Bonz,

With my partial Engineering background, here my rough guess of how it should work. There a film sandwich in the mirror. The photo sensor activate the DC power across the film. The current flow change the material property which darken the film.

There must be a write up somewhere in Popular Mechanics or Popular Science magazine. Hopefully, I am not way off the mark.
Old 06-07-2002, 09:40 AM
BrianZ

Originally posted by john0213

where's my pizza!!?? oh well it doesn't fit~

LoL~ what kind of fish u wanna put in there?

that's a button for the passenager seat, it's for the time when u'r driving fast and ur passenager starts to annoy u, then u can use that button to pop him out of the car.(don't know what will happen next, maybe he will crash onto something~)
Why the g-force fish of course. I think they are more excited about the new Z than I am. With all the hard cornering I'll be able to do, I won't have take them to the fish amusement park for any fishy roller coaster rides!
Old 06-07-2002, 10:19 AM
Bruce_with_Z

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
So it gets darker huh? Do you know HOW it does that?
I think it uses the same thing as the electronic blind(Here we have the old fashion window blind.) that I've seen in some high-end office building in Japan. It looks like regular glass when it is clear, but when you give it electricity it varies its tint. It can go from clear to complete black. So unlike us pulling the little string by the blind to close it, they have a little remote control. So it's like: The secretary goes in to the manarger's office. The manager gets his little remote. BEEP!... And ten minutes later the secretary comes out with wrinkled dress. Ahh... a little went off the topic here. Anyway, it is very cool. Don't know when can we have car with electronically tintable windows. Useful at those drive-in theater with a date.
Old 06-07-2002, 12:16 PM
350zpower

Super Pursuit Mode!!!
Old 06-08-2002, 04:03 AM
jreiter

Hey, blank button plates are good! If you're a serious aftermarket modder (like me!) it leaves you a great space to cleanly mount a switch for whatever you desire.
Old 06-08-2002, 05:33 AM
john0213

Originally posted by Bruce_with_Z

I think it uses the same thing as the electronic blind(Here we have the old fashion window blind.) that I've seen in some high-end office building in Japan. It looks like regular glass when it is clear, but when you give it electricity it varies its tint. It can go from clear to complete black. So unlike us pulling the little string by the blind to close it, they have a little remote control. So it's like: The secretary goes in to the manarger's office. The manager gets his little remote. BEEP!... And ten minutes later the secretary comes out with wrinkled dress. Ahh... a little went off the topic here. Anyway, it is very cool. Don't know when can we have car with electronically tintable windows. Useful at those drive-in theater with a date.
i've seen something like this in france? too, not sure maybe england, there's a clothes shop that the changing room is made out of glass, u go in there and press a button, then all 4 way glasses go polish white. very high tech!!
Old 06-08-2002, 06:18 AM
dvlad

Originally posted by jreiter
Hey, blank button plates are good! If you're a serious aftermarket modder (like me!) it leaves you a great space to cleanly mount a switch for whatever you desire.
yeah, like theNOS button
Old 06-08-2002, 03:43 PM
350zhawaii

everyone is wrong the button is for tranforming your car into optimus fairlady prime
Old 06-20-2002, 12:06 PM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

Finally found the real answer... Talked to Nissan Rep Tuesday...

Extra Button is for the convertable... which will be a soft top only... slated to be released Spring 2003 (April or May)...

He said the extra button will be there in all touring models (because the extra console was for heated seated seats)

Yet he did not comment on the convert being only Touring.
A=B and B=C.. then A=C

My take is.... any toe who wants the convert isn't looking for car performance anyway... he should be forced to buy the touring model/ package...

I felt like laughing at the guy in front of me who complained about no sun roof. (This was at a Pre Order meeting and sit in with the car) Does Chevy make a Z06 with a convert or a sun roof... I rest my case... and point made
Old 06-20-2002, 09:04 PM
bluefish

Default still a mystery

We do not know....

could it be the TCS OFF for the AUTO tranny???

or an electric sunshade for the rear hatch like the I35???

We just added one of those to a 2002 maxima SE 6-speed and used the blank for the TCS button op the dash...

No TCS for 6-speed maxima's fit great...
Old 06-20-2002, 10:43 PM
silvrz5

Talking

[B]yep it is for the convert. coming next year.

next question please................................
Old 06-20-2002, 10:47 PM
sarcasm82

Default Button

I think that button transforms the car into a transformer just like that VW video we saw when it transformed into that. Soon we shall see the battle between the VW and Z.... who will win? FInd out next on WORLD WIDE CAR FIGHTING.
Old 06-21-2002, 07:24 AM
Driven

This reply is to Rxramon: "Those that want the convertible don't want a true perfomance car anyway?"

Actually, I do, and I do. The way Nissan has incorporated rigidity into the body of this car I don't assume the convertible is going to take on THAT much additional weight when the soft top comes out like many others have. To me there is NOTHING that compares to the looks of a roadster, and there is no reason not to want one if you don't have to give up anything else. Actually, if the soft top shaves off a few lbs. compared to the hard top, and the motor doesn't weigh too much, we might be at a wash. That may be optomistic though.

But...for those of you that plan to put 100lbs. or so of stereo equipment in yours...I guess Rxramon is saying you don't want a true performance car either!

No offense, but I say to each his own. I'm considering talking to my dealer to see if he'll keep my deposit toward a convertible. If it truely is supposed to be hear in Spring...I'd rather wait and get the REAL car of my dreams. The hard top is just going to sit in my garage til then anyway!
Old 06-21-2002, 07:26 AM
Driven

Just read back through...sorry Rxramon...I didn't quote you exactly. My bad, but I believe the point was about the same.