Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

how good is the handling of the c5 compared to the 350z?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 06:17 AM
shimz350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how good is the handling of the c5 compared to the 350z?

This aquaintance I know purchased a used c5 vette with 9000 miles...I assumed it would have better handling characteristics then the 350z...but he insists that the z has the better handling characteristics the his vette but he couldn't say no to the power...can anyone expand on the handling of both of these cars?
Old 04-07-2004, 02:02 PM
noel48

I have a 2004 Vette and ,while the power is awesome,it doesn't have the "go kart" handling of my Z.In comparison,my former Miata handled better than both the C5 and the Z.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:04 PM
MDFtx

I have a c5 for 5 yrs before trading in last month on the z...I agree with Noel48...the z is much more lively and has a sportier feel for me...and as for the horsepower, the z is less but nothing a turbo can't change : )
Old 04-07-2004, 08:20 PM
N Rage

Default ...and for the female vote...

I too had a (performance & 'SQ' modified) '98 'vert Vette.

The small block = push (the pedal) & go (like hell)....fun in straight lines (and for melting the tires) :-)
But the 'Z' is more like my RX-7's (Gen II and Gen III 'R-1'). Its much more 'tossable & trustable'(okay, trustworthy, for those into proper grammar).
If you were to throw the Vette into the twisties like you can the 'Z' (RX's, Miata's, S2000's, etc..) you will be wrestling the wheel and hoping you aren't looking at the road..from the weeds :-(

Ride wise; I explain it as the Vette is like steel coasters, quick..heavy..and smooth. The 'Z' is more like the ol' woodies. The thrill is in feeling the entire experience, joints..the build-up to thrills..and it lasts longer ( and what girl doesn't want 'it' to last..longer LOL) ;-)
But thats just my opinion!

Cars are like people... enjoy the ones you like and walk away from those you don't.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:13 AM
shimz350z

thx for the info guys...appreciate it as usual
Old 04-08-2004, 07:35 AM
del105
15 f125

"But the 'Z' is more like my RX-7's (Gen II and Gen III 'R-1'). Its much more 'tossable & trustable'(okay, trustworthy, for those into proper grammar).
If you were to throw the Vette into the twisties like you can the 'Z' (RX's, Miata's, S2000's, etc..) you will be wrestling the wheel and hoping you aren't looking at the road..from the weeds :-("

I don't mean to sound like a troll, but this statement is a complete exaggeration bordering on a full blown lie. The Z doesn't come close to handling as well as some of the cars you named.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:59 PM
N Rage

Default WHAT?

Hmmm.. and the above post comes from someone without a 'Z' ..or a listing of the others (that I have owned)!

Plus..I 'said' LIKE those cars. Meaning that the 'Z' is a lighter and more responsive. I did not equate any cylinder displacement..0-60 times..et al.

If you are one of those simple dudes that was in someone elses car and now knows all there is about them..write a book.

I also posted; "in my opinion"! Since I did own each of those (the RX's & Vette) and currently have access to the others, I fail to see your validity.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:17 PM
N Rage

Default Re: WHAT?

Oops..my mistake (I admit it). So you do have a 'Z'.

That still does NOT qualify your calling me a liar.

And isn't it like a troll to post; they don't want to seem like a troll?!
Post whatever response you may. You (del) do NOT know what you are talking about!!!!!!!!!! Until you own or regularly drive any of the prementioned 'rides', leave me out of your sad life!

* Day-um..this site is getting so full of wanna-bees*

To those who PM'd me with the kind words: Thank you :-)