Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Can't take it anymore........

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2002, 10:14 PM
Scanman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't take it anymore........

I ordered a CS track on 9-9-02 at a small dealer with $4000 down (hopeing he'd think I'm serious). So far no VIN# or any incourenging news of any kind except a possible.... quote "delievery date of early NOV." unquote.

Now this seems a little optimistic considering the wait some of you folks have experinced, and quite frankly I'm not holding my breath. I'm thinking more like DEC. or JAN.

My point here is: I thought comeing to this site would help pass the time more quickly, instead its driving my insane hereing others post about something I essencially paid for, but cant have.

I may have to go away and pretend this never happened just to keep my sanity, patience was never my virture.

Sounds like a great ride: cant wait.
Old 09-29-2002, 03:36 AM
350zhawaii

i ordered in Feb. and didn't get my vin # until I picked it up in Sept.
Old 09-29-2002, 06:57 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude, it hasn't even been a month yet! Settle down. Most of us on here waited 7, 8, even 9 MONTHS!
Old 09-29-2002, 08:51 AM
BrentG

I better go and put some money down so I can get a 350Z! I was talking to the dealership and they said they could get me one by febuary!
Old 09-29-2002, 08:53 AM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Ditto. You're expecting WAY too much if you think you'll get your VIN this soon. Use the search tool and see what others have done to get info from their dealers (they have reports that can tell you expected delivery date, etc).
Old 09-29-2002, 09:48 AM
Intrepid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want a Z NOW, search ebay for 350Z. There are plenty for sale NOW. Have your checkbook ready.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:49 AM
vanstorm16

Scanman, I hear what you're sayin' Hang in there though! Cause I'll be honest, it doesn't get any easier listening to all the people that have their cars already!!

For me, if I DIDN'T have this site to come to, I think that I'd go nuts.
Old 09-29-2002, 10:33 AM
2003z

Yours will probably be after november, but not much after, is my guess. Remember, we all placed orders up to 6 months before Nissan started producing them. The line is up to full speed now, in a couple of months the pre-orders will be filled, then the rest should start flowing like water.
Old 09-29-2002, 11:01 AM
VaGentleman

I remember when I first saw the pre-production model on May 16, 2001 (I printed out the page that day)...and so began my quest!

I even went to the dealer that day and asked if they had ANY information on the car. Course, they didn't, but I left my name and phone # with the sales manager.

It's as some have said before, imagine your a kid on Christmas eve...now mix in a little "Groundhog Day" and voila!...you have my emotional life for the past year or so.

Since my car FINALLY showed up on the dealer's inventory, things are getting a little better

VG
Old 09-29-2002, 07:26 PM
Scanman

I'm trying to be patient , and really what choice do I have. I do however believe things will be less dificult when I get a VIN.

Thanks all.
Old 09-29-2002, 07:31 PM
2003z

Originally posted by VaGentleman
I remember when I first saw the pre-production model on May 16, 2001 (I printed out the page that day)...and so began my quest!

I even went to the dealer that day and asked if they had ANY information on the car. Course, they didn't, but I left my name and phone # with the sales manager.

It's as some have said before, imagine your a kid on Christmas eve...now mix in a little "Groundhog Day" and voila!...you have my emotional life for the past year or so.

Since my car FINALLY showed up on the dealer's inventory, things are getting a little better

VG
Old 09-29-2002, 08:44 PM
DIGItonium

I'm already going nuts waiting for this car.

Hopefully I can go back to focusing on homework once the wait is over...

College... can't flunk this one. AHAHAHA!
Old 09-29-2002, 09:47 PM
D'oh

Scanman, I remember how you feel. At first, when we were all waiting for the Z, everyone was equal and it was good. Then, some started getting the Z, and they became immortals among men - guru's, able to share wisdom about mythical metal beasts that had haunted our dreams for so long, and for those of us who were still waiting, the anticipation became almost too much to bare. Luckily for me, I recently picked up my Z (after a 7.5 month wait), and in some ways, the anticipation has made the actual realization of the dream so much more fulfilling.

You must focus grasshopper...and be strong during the wait. For to those with enough patience, the rewards will be great.

So sayeth
-D'oh!
Old 09-30-2002, 02:19 AM
john0213

i've wait for 4 months(actually close to 5 months) already and i'm expecting my car to arrive by the late octocber or even early november, so i don't see any reason you can get the car that early, except if u pay over msrp then that's another story~
Old 09-30-2002, 05:26 AM
Sabre

I preordered in early June and I'm expecting Nov. delivery. I highly doubt you will get yours by then.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:17 AM
gmoneyr1
Charter Member #47

Originally posted by D'oh

You must focus grasshopper...and be strong during the wait. For to those with enough patience, the rewards will be great.

So sayeth
-D'oh!
You just made my day... That was very funny stuff because we've all been there and can feel his pain. I've been waiting over 8 months for my Z. It's due to arrive this Wed. I'm soooo exhausted from all the emotional highs and lows.... I'll probably sleep in that car the first night its in my garage.....