Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Impressions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 05:16 AM
bknezevic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Impressions...

Ok, I've been on these forums for months and am getting close to being able to buy a 350Z. I love the car and I never really got to drive one fast or floor it or anything like that.

One thing before I continue. I valet park cars at night as a second job and come across a ton of different vehicles. I couldn't even begin to name the amount of cars that I have opened up on a small stretch of pavement before parking the car.

Last night I was over at a friends house from work and (to make a long story short) this guy's roommate comes home and I had never met him (first time at his house). His car is a 350Z.

Immediately I start trying to converse with this guy (total arrogant dick by the way) and he really doesn't know **** about his car and had never heard of my350z.com. Eventually I asked him for a ride (did not ask him to drive it because I didn't know him and I had had about 4 or 5 beers).

He had a base model and it felt kind of cheap on the inside. The gauges at night were just one color (orange), and there really wasn't any diversity with lighting or anything. He had this XM Radio where the factory NAV would be and cloth seats of course.

I really liked the amount of room I had though. Amazing amount of room lol.

Anyways we hit the road and to be totally honest, I dont know if I was drunk or he didn't know how to drive, but the car didn't feel torquey (is torquey a word?). I've floored a maxima at work with less hp/tq and felt more g's than in the 350Z! When I peaked over at the spedometer we got to 70-80 relatively quick so I knew the car was fast, but I was expecting to be sucked into my seat. Reason being, the maxima felt that way and I was driving it! Usually when your a passenger you feel the g's more.

The thing handled amazingly well. We were on a random 2-lane road and he punched it and we hit 120 no problem. I know the car can go but I was really hoping for more necksnap! Hahaha.

Let me know if you guys think this guy couldn't drive, or maybe he wasn't flooring it or whatever. He couldn't chirp the wheels and he was redlining it from he told me.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST!!!!
Old 04-15-2004, 05:28 AM
NismoKid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The interior is the same on all the trim levels of the Z except the Touring, which has leather. I can't tell you for sure if he was driving right, but I feel the torque being a driver in 2nd gear all the time.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:32 AM
Dissolved

Default Re: My Impressions...

Originally posted by bknezevic
Ok, I've been on these forums for months and am getting close to being able to buy a 350Z. I love the car and I never really got to drive one fast or floor it or anything like that.

I valet park cars at night as a second job and come across a ton of different vehicles. I couldn't even begin to name the amount of cars that I have opened up on a small stretch of pavement before parking the car.

I guess we're supposed to think you're cool now.
I hope you don't get a Z. You're right they are cheap inside.
Flooring other people's cars they paid good money for? If I saw some little pencil neck valet kid doing that to my baby, he would be ripped out from the drivers seat and lose his $.50 tip. Grow up
Old 04-15-2004, 05:37 AM
theSmoothDome

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: My Impressions...

Originally posted by Dissolved
If I saw some little pencil neck valet kid doing that to my baby, he would be ripped out from the drivers seat and lose his $.50 tip. Grow up

Agreed! Although I do think he'd lose a little more than his tip if I saw him. I'm driving for Vegas tomorrow and was still debating whether or not to valet like I always do. This just made my decision easy.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:01 AM
EL Diablo

The guy driving the Z didnt let it loose if you think a Maxima feels faster.

or you were too drunk to know what was going on.

as for your joy rides in other peoples cars.
you know what they say. What comes around.....
Old 04-15-2004, 06:04 AM
bknezevic

God you guys are obnoxious. Why not answer the question I posed instead of flaming me for doing something evey person in valet does. Deal with it, or get your *** to walking.

The stretch of pavement is like 40 yards. You can't even get out of first gear anyways. But I can gauge low end torque and that was my question.

You guys need to leave your petty comments and your cheap tips at home. I definetly dont think I'm cool because I valet park and I definetly dont put the car, or myself, in any danger at any point. I can't even get to 35 miles/hr.

Man, are all 350Z owners ******?
Old 04-15-2004, 06:07 AM
bknezevic

**** now that I think about it...40 yards is WAY too much. It's more like 25 yards.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:17 AM
Dissolved

God you guys are obnoxious. Why not answer the question I posed instead of flaming me for doing something evey person in valet does. Deal with it, or get your *** to walking.

The stretch of pavement is like 40 yards. You can't even get out of first gear anyways. But I can gauge low end torque and that was my question.

You guys need to leave your petty comments and your cheap tips at home. I definetly dont think I'm cool because I valet park and I definetly dont put the car, or myself, in any danger at any point. I can't even get to 35 miles/hr.

What a display of maturity. Hope you like valet parking, you'll probably be doing it the rest of your life. Come to the ECZA meet in April and tell everyone how you would park their cars if they were to come to your place of business.

Yes , now see ya! Here's a better site for you http://www.clubsi.com
Old 04-15-2004, 06:20 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, we are all obnoxious ****** and do not deserve to mingle with such an upstanding citizen as yourself. You're probably just wasting your time with the likes of us anyway so, you may just want to move along to another board and leave us to our slow, crappy cars. Thank you...
Old 04-15-2004, 06:29 AM
bknezevic

Wow dissolved and that other *****...

At this point in our attempt at a mature conversation, its quite obvious you both bought your cars for the sole purpose of making up for things you dont have. Let's leave it at that.

You both are far less mature than I am, and its quite obvious. Honestly, I couldn't care less what people think about how I live or where I work. Money is money. If you think your better than somebody else because you work in an office and shift papers around, then you go right ahead and continue saundering.

In no way did I attend to make myself look cooler than anybody else. I used my experience in valet parking as a basis for my comparison with the 350Z on other comparable sized 6-cylinder engines.

I'm not sure if you caught my comment, but I am intending to buy a 350Z regardless of my thoughts and brief experiences with the car. In no way was I attacking your integrity of making the decision to purchase the Nissan 350Z. You all are obviously very sensitive in this subject, and I truly apologize for making you feel like you wasted your money, because I feel like that is what you think I was doing.

Anyhow, a normal conversation can obviously not be had here. It's probably best that I purchase a Honda Civic and frequent the clubsi.com forums....
Old 04-15-2004, 06:38 AM
bknezevic

Hey NismoKid...sorry I meant to ask you a question but these "people" are distracting me.

Can you compare the torquey feeling to any other car you might have been in?
Old 04-15-2004, 06:51 AM
NismoKid

It's hard to say against automatic cars because they have that low torque lag usually. My mom's 4.6 Mustang has nice torque after 2k rpms, but then again it's an auto so hard to say. IS300 has nothing on the Z's torque and same with the Monte Carlo. It's hard to me to compare it to other cars that I've driven* because they're turbocharged and experience that turbo lag (Supra and Audi S4). I'd suggest you test drive a 6-speed Z yourself to see what it feels like.

*Edit: drive --> driven

Last edited by NismoKid; 04-15-2004 at 06:54 AM.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:58 AM
bknezevic

Yea I've been to a local dealer before, but they aren't test driving any Z's because they say potential owners don't want test driven miles on an engine that isn't broken in.

I totally agree!

I did drive a 350Z at the Nopi Nationals in Atlanta, Georgia last year though. It was a BF Goodrich tire showcase. It was pretty neat. You took a breathalizer and watched a movie about the different tires and specs and then waited in line to drive the car of your choice...TWICE.

You drove the car once with competitor tires on this road course (couldn't get above 30-40 mphs hour, and maybe once or twice) and then with BF Goodrich tires. THE Z HANDLED AMAZINGLY!!

I waited like 2 hours in line, in the sun, to drive. haha

Oh, they were all automatics except the SRT-4....

I only drove the Z because I didn't want to wait in line again, but they had the 350Z, Neon SRT-4, IS300, and a Jetta 1.8T. The Z was by far the most popular car to drive, hence the 2 hour waiting in line.

Fun times though!
Old 04-15-2004, 07:00 AM
NismoKid

One more thing, if you compare the Z's torque above 100mph, it's not that great compared to german cars. My friend drove me in his '01 CLK 55 and that thing gets to 120mph in no time from 90mph. The BMW 7-series and older SL500s have very good torque to (attributed by the large displacement). Since I don't care for high-end torque that much (I don't drive high speeds much), I prefer the real low-end kind for city driving.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:01 AM
bknezevic

Originally posted by NismoKid
One more thing, if you compare the Z's torque above 100mph, it's not that great compared to german cars. My friend drove me in his '01 CLK 55 and that thing gets to 120mph in no time from 90mph. The BMW 7-series and older SL500s have very good torque to (attributed by the large displacement). Since I don't care for high-end torque that much (I don't drive high speeds much), I prefer the real low-end kind for city driving.
Nothing a little F/I can't fix. Not sure if I would go supercharged or turbocharged, but you can't lose either way. It seems that pretty much everybody is getting low and mid 12's at the track. Most on street rubber. Pretty insane.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:13 AM
Dissolved

Wow dissolved and that other *****...

At this point in our attempt at a mature conversation, its quite obvious you both bought your cars for the sole purpose of making up for things you dont have. Let's leave it at that.

You both are far less mature than I am, and its quite obvious. Honestly, I couldn't care less what people think about how I live or where I work. Money is money. If you think your better than somebody else because you work in an office and shift papers around, then you go right ahead and continue saundering.

In no way did I attend to make myself look cooler than anybody else. I used my experience in valet parking as a basis for my comparison with the 350Z on other comparable sized 6-cylinder engines.

Like I said tough guy, come say this stuff to our face at one of our meets. There are folks that come from Florida, the drive shouldnt be that bad for you. What do you drive btw?

Shifting papers around all day? Hell yes, I worked my a$$ off to get to where I'm at. Computer security is a hard industry. I'm lucky to have this job. Beats parking cars for a living. :Icon18:

I'm sure you'll love the Z with all your parking experience testing various cars.

Gotta love the 17 year old trolls though, they do amuse me.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:49 AM
bknezevic

Originally posted by Dissolved
Like I said tough guy, come say this stuff to our face at one of our meets. There are folks that come from Florida, the drive shouldnt be that bad for you. What do you drive btw?

Shifting papers around all day? Hell yes, I worked my a$$ off to get to where I'm at. Computer security is a hard industry. I'm lucky to have this job. Beats parking cars for a living. :Icon18:

I'm sure you'll love the Z with all your parking experience testing various cars.

Gotta love the 17 year old trolls though, they do amuse me.
Our face? lol What, do you need people behind you while you attempt to kill me with your pocket protector?

Listen you *** clown, why dont you take your POS job and get out of my face. You have no personality, and you SURE as hell dont have ANY *****.

My valet job is my SECOND job and I do network administration for a reputable company full time during the day. I'm 24 years old, not 17. I'm sorry you might think i'm trolling, but you obviously need an *** kicking.

How do I get to where your "meet" is? Before I come, I'll be sure to print out all these ***** enlargement spam emails for you, I'm sure you can find some use for them.

What a jackass.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:26 PM
Dissolved

http://www.ecza.org is the event. Hope you can make it
Network admin eh? Dime a dozen Do you know what a CISSP is? It was a REQUIREMENT in order to even get an interview with my job. Look it up, I'm sure you've never heard of it.

Oh and I'll be by myself. CS silver Z with naked chicks all around it

Last edited by Dissolved; 04-15-2004 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:07 PM
dchengmd

Our face? lol What, do you need people behind you while you attempt to kill me with your pocket protector?

Listen you *** clown, why dont you take your POS job and get out of my face. You have no personality, and you SURE as hell dont have ANY *****.

My valet job is my SECOND job and I do network administration for a reputable company full time during the day. I'm 24 years old, not 17. I'm sorry you might think i'm trolling, but you obviously need an *** kicking.

How do I get to where your "meet" is? Before I come, I'll be sure to print out all these ***** enlargement spam emails for you, I'm sure you can find some use for them.

What a jackass.
Dude...you're new here and so far you're well on the track to getting banned from this forum.

Regardless of what your primary job is, the thing that people took offense to is your admitting that you 'opened up on a small stretch of pavement' a bunch of cars that you weren't given permission to, that's all. I don't care how long this patch of pavement is - if you saw some valet doing that to your brand new Z, wouldn't you get pissed? And really - what kind of excuse is "every person in valet does this"? Even if this was true, all it would mean is that all valets are untrustworthy scumbags who don't deserve the tips people pay them.

Calm down a little and try to understand why you're being flamed for what you said.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:24 PM
tdukeman

Originally posted by NismoKid
It's hard to say against automatic cars because they have that low torque lag usually. My mom's 4.6 Mustang has nice torque after 2k rpms, but then again it's an auto so hard to say. IS300 has nothing on the Z's torque and same with the Monte Carlo. It's hard to me to compare it to other cars that I've driven* because they're turbocharged and experience that turbo lag (Supra and Audi S4). I'd suggest you test drive a 6-speed Z yourself to see what it feels like.

*Edit: drive --> driven
I can attest to the lack of torque in the IS300. I just traded in my '02 for the Z. I'm not sure about how other cars feeling in regards to torque, since this is my first REAL sports car, but I think it's incredible, and I have a ticket to prove it now..!@#$!@$# did 90 in a 65 today...and I didn't even know it

Quick Reply: My Impressions...