2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Texas Z's....XPel install and little info on poss groupbuy

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 02:58 PM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Texas Z's....XPel install and little info on poss groupbuy

Talked to Mike today at Reflex Enterprises (thanks for calling back today Mike) and this is what I have for you which isn't much.

He doesn't want his prices posted online and I won't post them online especially when my car will be in his hands this Saturday. You can find the costs of the kits on the XPel website at XPel.

He cannot discount his parts but will discount his labor obviously depending on the amount of people that he has. I don't think it will matter much to most people as this isn't a small investment either way. To me, I would rather spend the money now and keep the car looking good than spend it later on repairing a bunch of rock chips that make it look crappy until then.

Sorry, I didn't help people much with the prices they are trying to find but if enough people arrange installs over the next couple of weeks we can save some money. You can call Mike at 210-857-3541 and arrange an appointment and see what he is offering already.

SkiDaZZle, I'll see you there on Saturday as I have the 2pm appointment after yours. My wife and I are going to make SA a weekend trip and then head up to Austin to visit the folks.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:14 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Craig,

Thanks for the info. I will call Mike and schedule an appointment soon, may be right after you on Saturday. Chris (Bishop_TX) and Derek (articfury) also want to have their done very soon. I told both of them to check the forum tonight for your info.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:46 PM
Old Skooler

Hmmmm...not getting mine until November, but hopefully I can be part of the group deal? Just slightly delayed....btw, this guy's a professional, right? Someone's seen his work already? Just checking...after all, it's our Z's...
Old 10-01-2002, 12:45 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

hey craig...

i lost his number, thanks for posting it. also, my appt is at 11am i think... he said 2-2.5 hours so your 2pm sounds right. mike is gonna drop my woman and i off at a mall for the install... she likes to shop

michael
Old 10-01-2002, 07:10 AM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Michael,

I'll PM you later about meeting up. I don't know when we will get up to SA but it looks like it might be raining that weekend. My wife is going to drive up seperately so she can head back down to Corpus Sunday while I go up to Austin to visit and probably get some window tinting done.

Of course, the Longhorn game is on around the time of my appointment so I may be looking for a sports bar to lounge around in.

Matt, Mike (the installer) is the region instructor for XPel installers. I think we can trust a good job out of him. I am also sure there will be plenty of chances around November with the number of Z's hitting the road. At least you will have some done that you can look at to help make up your mind on the install.

Any luck Al on an install time? If not, we can hook up in Austin so you can take a peek at the install. I'lll be up there from Sunday to Tuesday most likely. Do you know the best place in Austin for window tint?
Old 10-01-2002, 08:04 AM
Bishop_Tx

Default Scheduled

I just talked to Mike at Reflex. He's only doing the installations on Saturday. I'm dropping my car off at 8am on Saturday and Mike's putting on the kit - picking the car up near 5pm.

This stuff is expensive but after my little pin head rock chip on my front bumper last night (thanks I-35) I'm not risking getting more. My fear is the actual trip to San Antonio... and getting another chip on the way...

So if you're interested call Mike at the number above. He's already got three scheduled for Saturday (Goober, Me and someone else) so he can't have too many more slots available for this weekend.

Chris

Old 10-01-2002, 03:07 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Craig/Chris,

I called Mike and got the last time slot on his Saturday schedule, 4-6pm, after Craig. He said that he can do that only IF Craig shows up on time at 2:00pm.

Craig, would you please make sure you are on time or early. The Longhorn/OSU game starting time is 11:30am, so you might want to drop off your car before the game. That way you can watch the game uninterrupted. Look like I have to leave my house around half time or shortly after (bummer). We can meet at Mike's place and I can see how great your Z look with Xpel.

I am still looking for a good tint place around Austin. Chris has his done by the dealer, look great though. I'll keep checking.

Since you gonna be in Austin Sunday, may be we should arrange for a CenTex 350Z meet with Glen and Matt.

Michael,

Sorry, won't be able to meet you at Mike's place, unless you plan to stay late.
Old 10-01-2002, 03:33 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Hey guys,

Well, I have to wait to get the front of my car fixed. Round Rock Nissan wants the Rep that's coming down to look at it. Plus, I couldn't have had it done by this weekend.

I am also a little annoyed that Mike only offers a 4 year warranty. Jeremy was offering a lifetime warranty on material and workmanship. Hell, I won't even have the car paid off in 4 years.

I guess I will look at Al and Chris's cars, and judge from there.

Maybe we should try to get together Sunday afternoon. It would be nice to meet Craig and maybe some of the other locals who haven't come out to the previous events.

Al,

If you are looking for a tint shop in Austin, I am very pleased with the job Sun Tint did on my car. I went with Quantum film and did the same % all around. That film provides the best UV protection and heat blocking of any of there films. I really like the look on the car too. They will definitely point you in the right direction. Call em up and speak to Christy, she's the manager. Let me know if you want their number. I would highly recommend them to anyone in the Austin area.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:06 PM
Old Skooler

Sunday would be awesome people, just name the place and time! It'd be great to meet you guys. (And your Z's. )
Old 10-01-2002, 11:22 PM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Sounds like a plan.....

Al, my wife and I will probably hit SA on Friday night so the car will definitely be there before 2pm on Saturday. Besides, I wanted to go ahead and meet Michael and check out his car as I haven't see a DB yet.

Chris, I have been lucky in avoiding the rocks down here so far. I don't even come near the SUV's around here for that reason right now. Who knows what I-37 will hold for me as most of my cracked windshields have come from that.

articfury, I remember Sun Tint. They did my college car (an Audi 5000S, man that thing sucked the money out of me) and it looked good with no problems for the three years I owned it. I may have to check them out again. Somewhere out near Ben White, correct?

All, I can make whatever time you guys want. Any reason is a good reason for a Z meet. Did anyone ask Mike for a discount on his install with the 4 we have on Saturday plus articfury shortly thereafter (I know you will want it done when you see ours)? Plus we will have Matt coming in next month. We definitely filled up his Saturday for him plus some. I'll PM my cell phone to one of you or give it to Al or Chris on Saturday to stay in touch.