wow, feel like i got screwed

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 05:11 AM
Dustin4u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow, feel like i got screwed

-2 weeks ago i finally get my 350.

-I have a 2000 Civic i need to sell

- before i bought my 350....sales manager A tell me "i will do everything i can do, to help you sell your car"...since the trade is so bad.

- He then leaves to Floridia for 2 weeks.

- Sales Manager B who finalizes everything, tells me i can leave the Civic on the Nissan lot for as long as it takes to sell it.
I even say "what is it takes 3 or 4 months"? He told me that was fine.
Great, bring in my civic and get my new keys to the 350.

TWO weeks later (last night) i get a call from a sales guy telling me "the owner doesn't want your car on the lot anymore, you have to come take it"

WTF? I have nowhere to put it. There is no room in my driveway....the by-law tickets on our street everyday...so i can't keep in on the street.

Now Sales manager B is denying he said i could keep the car on his lot.
So i bring in my car just for 2 weeks? They have the keys, manual, all papers, winter tires...but ya, i brought it in for fun to sit there for 2 weeks.

Are you freaking kidding me? I'm so furious. As soon as guys get there cheque, they don't care about you.

I have nowhere to put this car. Its so unfrair that they would do this to me.

I'm going to assume there is nothing i can do?
Old 04-22-2004, 05:38 AM
grifferjr

Default Re: wow, feel like i got screwed

Originally posted by Dustin4u
-2 weeks ago i finally get my 350.

-I have a 2000 Civic i need to sell

- before i bought my 350....sales manager A tell me "i will do everything i can do, to help you sell your car"...since the trade is so bad.

- He then leaves to Floridia for 2 weeks.

- Sales Manager B who finalizes everything, tells me i can leave the Civic on the Nissan lot for as long as it takes to sell it.
I even say "what is it takes 3 or 4 months"? He told me that was fine.
Great, bring in my civic and get my new keys to the 350.

TWO weeks later (last night) i get a call from a sales guy telling me "the owner doesn't want your car on the lot anymore, you have to come take it"

WTF? I have nowhere to put it. There is no room in my driveway....the by-law tickets on our street everyday...so i can't keep in on the street.

Now Sales manager B is denying he said i could keep the car on his lot.
So i bring in my car just for 2 weeks? They have the keys, manual, all papers, winter tires...but ya, i brought it in for fun to sit there for 2 weeks.

Are you freaking kidding me? I'm so furious. As soon as guys get there cheque, they don't care about you.

I have nowhere to put this car. Its so unfrair that they would do this to me.

I'm going to assume there is nothing i can do?
wouldnt think so if everything was just word of mouth and nothing was worked into the contract of the sale. i hate to hear stories like this where everything is just about the almighty dollar. i hope you reward your dealership by taking your car somewhere else for its routine maintenence like oil changes and such. they dont deserve anymore of your business. good luck.
Old 04-22-2004, 05:42 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

There really isn't much you can do. It was really just a courtesy they were doing you anyway. It's not like they HAVE to do it.

That said, they really did screw you. I'd make sure they know that you will badmouth them everywhere you possibly can and that you will never take your car there again. Also tell them that you and your family will never purchase a car from them again.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:47 AM
alamike

Car salesman will about promise you anything before the sale is finalized. If your Civic is in good condition, you should be able to sell it yourself with the increase in gas prices. I sold an extra car at one time by going to used car lots where I talked directly to the sales managers about buying it. One did eventually give me a fair wholesale price if you absolutely have nowhere to keep the car. Your Nissan dealer seemed pretty lazy that would not work with you a little more on your trade.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:21 AM
Zlips

Make sure you put how poorly you were treated in the nissan survey they send out. That survey is basically the most important thing to them. May not be a bad idea to throw that info out to them. Real casually say that you will be sure to mention this deception in the survey. It may get them to change face real quick, if not you will atleast get some satisfaction of getting those employees in trouble.
Lips
Old 04-22-2004, 08:50 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Send a copy of your post here to the owner or call & explain your side. Legalily you don't have a case but some owners are concerned about bad PR and negative comments on the Nissan survey. Its worth a shot.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:49 AM
marhot

Default Agree with all of the above...

First, just consider it the price for a lesson learned. alamike is correct, the dealer will promise you anything to make the sale. ANY post-sale agreements, no matter what or how small, get in writing.

Secondly, follow Zlips advice. Screw them BIG time on the survey. THE SURVEY IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE DEALERSHIP. Be sure the GM knows that you are giving them a bad write-up and why. That might give you a little leverage. (And The Brickyard Rat's idea is good too.)

Lastly, if all of the above doesn't get them to change their mind, bad mouth them to everyone. Friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, post negative messages on ALL the Z forums on the internet. Name names --spread the word.

Good luck.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:57 AM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Two choices

The way I see it you have two choices.

1) You can let the dealership know that if they do not follow through on the promise (3 months to sell the car say) then you will nail them on the survey BIG TIME.

2) You can sell the car elsewhere, and just cut straight to nailing them on the survey.

If you tell them you are going to ding them bad on the survey they might come around.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:07 AM
shimz350z

I am sick of people who are supposed to just do there job. That's why I'm going to invest in a mp3/voice recorder everytime I make a transaction that sounds too good to be true.

- Can anyone tell me if this would be legit for defense on the consumers part?
Old 04-22-2004, 10:20 AM
DiRN

Originally posted by shimZ
I am sick of people who are supposed to just do there job. That's why I'm going to invest in a mp3/voice recorder everytime I make a transaction that sounds too good to be true.

- Can anyone tell me if this would be legit for defense on the consumers part?
Probably depends on the state. Some states require that all parties know they are being recorded for it to be admissible (without a court order), some don't.

If it's not legal, it's always good for blackmail.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:37 AM
samw1978

I agree with most people here, give them a "nice" survey they want, and badmouth
Old 04-22-2004, 02:37 PM
Masterfulks

Post the number and a small amount of info on the Civic here.

A few forum members can call and ask about the Civic they saw on the lot.....

Or we could call and say that we have heard about what was said are are very dissapointed that this is happening...
Old 04-22-2004, 05:30 PM
Ronny

If your really don't have the time to deal with it, or a place to keep it, take it to a Honda dealer and see if you can get wholesale for it.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:47 PM
seabass

1. if you have a carmax near you, they will buy the car outright.

2. ebay it

3. put it in your local paper, you'll make more money this way.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:28 PM
herbrock17

ebay??

about the voice recorder bit...i think its illegal to record a conversation without the other party knowing about it...my cell phone has a voice recorder function but it beeps every couple of seconds to let the other person know its being recorded, i guess?? peace all...
Old 04-23-2004, 06:45 AM
Pusha Z
Banned

bro, do us a favor and list the name of the Dealership that way if im ever in the mood for some strange brew I'll know who to avoid for maintenance
Old 04-23-2004, 10:09 AM
Poison123
Google Bot

So let them know you'll be recording the conversation for your records. That way they won't waste your time by lieing to you, and if they try to renig on the whole deal you've got their @SS.
Old 04-23-2004, 02:58 PM
Masterfulks

Actually you dont always have to let the other person know that you're recording them....

Linda Trip didnt did she?

I've always heard as long as ONE person in the conversation agree's to it, then its ok.

Yet this could depend on the city....I dunno just a thought....
Old 04-23-2004, 04:44 PM
dchengmd

Originally posted by Masterfulks
Actually you dont always have to let the other person know that you're recording them....

Yes she did, and she was charged and convicted in court for it.

I've always heard as long as ONE person in the conversation agree's to it, then its ok.
Wrong.
Old 04-23-2004, 05:56 PM
marhot

Originally posted by Masterfulks

Yet this could depend on the city....I dunno just a thought....
It DOES depend on the jurisdiction. The law varies from state to state.

Both the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) have acknowledged the importance of privacy in telephone conversations by placing additional restrictions on tape recording such conversations.
California law does not allow tape recording of telephone calls unless all parties to the conversation consent (California Penal Code 632), or they are notified of the recording by a distinct "beep tone" warning. (CPUC General Order 107-B(II)(A)(5)) However, tape recordings can legally be made if an individual or members of one's family are threatened with kidnapping, extortion, bribery or another felony involving violence. The person receiving the threats can make a tape recording without informing the other party. (California Penal Code 633.5)

The FCC requires that notice of any recording of a telephone conversation must be given to the other parties of the conversation. (47 CFR 64.501; 2 FCC Record 502) This notice may be conveyed by consent of all parties, verbal notice of recording at the beginning of the call, or use of a periodic beep tone. Telephone companies are required to discontinue telephone service to any customer who violates these rules. (CPUC General Order 107-B(II)(B)(3)

These regulations do not apply to law enforcement investigations, emergency situations or patently unlawful conversations. The FCC has acknowledged that these regulations are difficult to enforce, and violations are virtually impossible to detect. You should not be lulled into a false sense of security that your call is private simply because there is no notice of recording.

Furthermore, it is not always clear which law, state or federal, applies to specific situations. This depends on where the call originates, why the recording is being made and who places the call. To stay within the law, you may wish to refrain from taping calls you make, but be aware that in certain situations others may be recording your conversations with them.

Also check out : http://expertpages.com/news/taping_conversations.htm

Uh, more than you wanted to know, no doubt.

Last edited by marhot; 04-23-2004 at 05:59 PM.

Quick Reply: wow, feel like i got screwed