Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Le mans sunset or chrome silver?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 04:06 PM
zunzet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no need for further discussion. LS is the only way to go. Then again. Don't get LS.

I don't to run into anymore people with this color. It will ruin the exclusivity.

Yea, go with the CS! Great choice! Good luck, you'll love it. Bla bla..
Old 04-28-2004, 08:02 PM
Reb1281

Well, CS is classy and will age well--same as black, white, and silverstone. LS is the signature color(i.e. ferrari red) and looks really nice in the sunshine, but it's bound to not stand the test of time. I've got a CS, and think it looks the best--black/blue are close seconds. Just look at the two colors at different times of day and then decide.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:01 PM
Dustin4u

Notice almost everyone who responded has a Le Mans in there sig lol?

Id go chrome.
Le Mans is terrible. Just ugly.

Different strokes, for different folks though.

some people like the Roadsters top up
Old 04-29-2004, 06:01 AM
BFG10

CS is too boring IMO, no offense to any of those who have one. Not bad, just not very exciting. Lemans is great and I would not worry about getting sick of the color. It'll always look good, especially after a nice wash and a good coat of polish.
Old 04-29-2004, 02:34 PM
DrVolkl

If you're getting the LS, make sure you like the color...cause it's pretty bold. A love it or hate it....I've loved orange colors my whole life, for me there simply was no other choice. Talk about a head turner...it's HOT. When it's dirty, it sucks, looks brown. These pics speak for themselves...

Old 04-29-2004, 03:14 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DrVolkl
[B]If you're getting the LS, make sure you like the color...cause it's pretty bold. A love it or hate it....

He is right I get alot of mixed feeling but the color does turn heads it is more exotic looking than the other colors.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:17 PM
Reb1281

Originally posted by BFG10
CS is too boring IMO, no offense to any of those who have one. Not bad, just not very exciting. Lemans is great and I would not worry about getting sick of the color. It'll always look good, especially after a nice wash and a good coat of polish.
This is the exact opposite of my view. I've seen SS on regular occasions, and it looks especially dull to me. I guess if I wanted a darker color, I'd get something sexy like super black or flashy like daytona blue. To each his own.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:32 PM
theSmoothDome

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm really hoping they discontinue the LS in 2005 like they did with the Brickyard in 2004.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:22 PM
Masterfulks

Between the two I think I'd go wtih the Silver...

Although personally I held out for Superblack. I tend to perfer all my vehicles black with dark interior....
Old 04-30-2004, 09:08 AM
fblue

If you want Lemans Sunset because you like it the best, then that makes sense. If you are getting it because it looks different, then that makes sense. If you are getting it because you think that it will look nicer than Chrome Silver to most people, then that doesn't make sense.

I find that most people out there find the color ugly. I happen to like Lemans Sunset and was considering it, but 9/10 people that I spoke to found the color ugly. I know my sample size is not large (about 30 people), but I believe the results are indicative of the opinion of the general population. Even the marketers at Nissan realized that CS or Liquid Alum. were the colors to use in most of their Z ad campaigns. They knew that the silver would appeal to many more people than the Orange would. That being said, it means that you will also see many more CS Z's on the road. That being said, having a Z itself is exclusive enough for me.

If you want a car that stands out, then the LS is great. If you want a car that appeals to most people, the CS is better. Resale value will also be better on the Silvers, as the market for orange will be much smaller.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:32 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Originally posted by fblue
I find that most people out there find the color ugly. I happen to like Lemans Sunset and was considering it, but 9/10 people that I spoke to found the color ugly. They knew that the silver would appeal to many more people than the Orange would.

If you want a car that appeals to most people, the CS is better. Resale value will also be better on the Silvers, as the market for orange will be much smaller.
So you purchased silver to appeal to other people rather than yourself. I dont care what other people like I bought what I like and what appeals to me. Unless all those 358899878786787 silvers I see around are making my payments then I'll drive a silver. Now don't take this as a flame since silver is nice. My 3.5 altima is silver also but every altima I see is silver as is the Z's. I get tons of compliments on my Z since the color is rare. The resale value of silver may be more but I can't really agree or disagree.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:51 AM
lunartick13

Originally posted by theSmoothDome
I'm really hoping they discontinue the LS in 2005 like they did with the Brickyard in 2004.
I`am hoping that they will too, then we won`t be having this dicussion and the ones that picked LS will be quite happy, I know I will.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:41 AM
NismoKid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by fblue
If you want Lemans Sunset because you like it the best, then that makes sense. If you are getting it because it looks different, then that makes sense. If you are getting it because you think that it will look nicer than Chrome Silver to most people, then that doesn't make sense.

I find that most people out there find the color ugly. I happen to like Lemans Sunset and was considering it, but 9/10 people that I spoke to found the color ugly. I know my sample size is not large (about 30 people), but I believe the results are indicative of the opinion of the general population. Even the marketers at Nissan realized that CS or Liquid Alum. were the colors to use in most of their Z ad campaigns. They knew that the silver would appeal to many more people than the Orange would. That being said, it means that you will also see many more CS Z's on the road. That being said, having a Z itself is exclusive enough for me.

If you want a car that stands out, then the LS is great. If you want a car that appeals to most people, the CS is better. Resale value will also be better on the Silvers, as the market for orange will be much smaller.
Please tell me if this is correct: you didn't buy LeMans Sunset (even though you liked it) because a lot of people you knew didn't like it?

If that's right, why would you buy a car because other people like it? I don't care if I was the last person on Earth or everyone thought my car was ugly, I'd still get the same color with no doubts. A lot of my friends also find Brickyard ugly, but I think it's one of the best colors for the Z if not the best.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:20 AM
rattycat

I gotta tell ya'., LeMans Sunset for me!

When I took my beauty in for the first oil change, dealer pulls my beauty right out and parks her in front onto new car platform!

I'm paged, and Service Mgr. tells me, "best color by far for the 'Z'".

What a place!

What a car!

What a color!
Old 05-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People seem to stare at my car a lot too.....

Old 05-01-2004, 11:56 AM
theSmoothDome

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah Jeff, your car does make mine just sorta fade into invisibility.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:30 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jeff@Performance
[B]People seem to stare at my car a lot too.....

Ahh Jeff my other Lemans Sunset...We were the only 2 Lemans at the Performance meet. Next time I'll take the time to chat with you. Ed
Old 05-01-2004, 01:12 PM
malukalu

Well i have decided to get a LS but i think im goign to wait until i can order a 2005. BUT if i smell something about discontinuing the LS ill definatley jump on a 04. .. so hard to convince myself to wait!