2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Benefit of Nismo S-tune parts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 08:50 PM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Benefit of Nismo S-tune parts?

I am wondering if any of the Nismo S tune performance parts are really worth the price. The benefit of the S-tune obviously being that Nissan will warranty them completely. I see the only S parts they offer are the cat-back exhaust, suspension, sway bars, and wheels.

Which ones (if any) are actually worth their price? I know you could buy better after market products to replace any of these, but are these Nismo products still a good value?

also, one more thing.....what is the weight difference between the Nismo 18" and the Track Model 18" and also what is the widest tire you can use with the two wheels

any help is greatly appreciated

Harv

Last edited by HarvesterUT; 05-01-2004 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:53 PM
DiRN

The Nismo S-Tune Intake is just a rebadged AEM CAI. Buying the AEM costs less, though. I don't know about the others, except I know that a lot of people like the exhaust. It's one of the ones that I'm considering right now.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:55 PM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

Originally posted by DiRN
[COLOR=darkblue]The Nismo S-Tune Intake is just a rebadged AEM CAI. Buying the AEM costs less, though.COLOR]
isnt the Nismo CAI an R-tune part not warrantied?
Old 05-01-2004, 09:07 PM
DiRN

Hmm. You're right. Brain fart.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:58 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NISMO S-Tune is good if you are worried about warranty...

the S-Tuen suspension is fully covered under nissans parts and accessories warrenty... so if you have a problem with alignment it is coverd by nissan.. (not when you do other suspension mods)... but... depending on where you are located... Im not sure of how Nissan warrenty and S-Tune applies... I know if you are in canada there is no point in putting on an S-Tune suspension since it would be up to dealer disgression to cover it under warranty... some will since it is a NISSAN part but some wont...

the NISMO LMGT4's are 18 pounds each... track wheels are 1 pound heavier and an inch less in size...

you can get 255/40/18 & 285/40/18 on these wheels... but they recomend 245/40 and 275/40... you can probably even get 295's on the back.. i personally havent seen it... yet...

S-Tune exhaust is a very nice system... no fitment issues... it is 3 pieces, including Y-Pipe / Mid Pipe / Muffler... it is a very high quality piece...
There is no real reason I can think of to get it to keep the car under warranty since the Cat Back system no matter what the brand wont void a warranty... but... the exhaust its self would be covered under nissans parts and accessories warranty if it were to become corroded (which wont happen) or if the canister breaks up inside...
Old 05-02-2004, 12:45 AM
MY350Z.COM

NISMO Japan

NISMO U.S.
Old 05-02-2004, 06:32 AM
toykilla

nismo sucks..
Old 05-02-2004, 07:28 AM
orhanz33

only thing i like from nismo is the wheels... everything else seems waay overpriced for little or not performance gains... some people say the suspension is good, but for $1600 i'd rather have tein felx, or go for jic's!
Old 05-02-2004, 07:54 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

becareful about saying nismo sucks...

the gains they advertise are true... they arent going to say 18RWHP from a cat back exhaust or even a Y-Pipe back exhaust like some... nor are they going to say 15HP from an Intake...

how is somsething over priced if it completely keeps you under warranty? Does TEIN or JIC offer you 3 year 36000 mile warranty on your suspension... If anything happens to it, it starts creeking (never happend) or a shock blows (never happend) you get a new suspension... if your alignment goes out, nissan pays for your alignment...

Dont get me wrong I love tein and JIC too... but do they do that for you?

and most of the problem's we deal with with aftermarket parts are not nismo... I cant tell you how many exhaust's we have tried to move canisters around so they dont melt, fix leaks and rattles, fix creeking and rattly suspensions...

Everything is way over priced depending on where you look...

http://www.mynismo.com
Old 05-02-2004, 07:33 PM
orhanz33

i should reword it, seems overpriced to me... i checked prices at my dealer and they are way over priced... i understand they come w/ a warranty, but then i also have to pay my dealer to install it, which is also very expensive... all that money gone just to stay headache free when it comes time for warranty work, and i'll still have a hard time trying to get work done by my dealer... every dealer's not as friendly as Performance Nissan
Old 05-03-2004, 06:03 AM
DiRN

But if your dealer does the install, no part of your warranty is being voided.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:18 AM
jckolnturn

It's not overpriced if you shop around. I won't mention names but some of the aftermarket exhausts i looked at look like hack jobs and the bottom line is you get what you pay for. The Nismo/Weldina exhaust is really well made and as far as I know is exactly the same as the Nismo Japan one so I'm not sure what the smiley faces are about. I know it doesn't make the most power but i can sacrifice a couple ponies i'm never gonna notice for a quality piece.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:08 AM
Dissident

Where exactly does it say the dealer has to install the parts for the warranty to be good? the word I got from Nissan USA is that they are like an OEM part. I can replace any part I want on the car with an OEM part, and unless I screw up the install, it is still covered. The nice thing about Nismo is it fits like OEM, too. Some aftermarket parts do, too, but plenty don't just bolt right on. I would guess that given the same installer, you'd pay more to get a Borla put on than a Nismo (I've heard the diffuculty level is quite a bit higher).

If I were building up a track car, I wouldn't go with S-tune stuff. But I've got the suspension on, and as a dail driver, it is perfect. much better than stock without significantly compromising anything. *shrug* All depends on what your priorities are
Old 05-03-2004, 09:39 AM
DiRN

It says it in every piece of literature I've gotten from Nissan regarding Nismo parts.