Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Question about ordering (sort of long)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 07:49 AM
drdisco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about ordering (sort of long)

I ordered my Z on April 10th. I was told by the dealer that Nissan only takes dealer orders once a month, which I already knew. It is now the beginning of the month, and I want to call the dealer and check that my car has been ordered. Before I do this I want to find a way to confirm that he has in fact ordered it. The salesman I dealt with is the type that will tell you anything just to keep you happy and I have already been through about two weeks worth of that. When I first went in to buy the car he told me he wouldn't have any problem locating the car and that he could have it in a day or two. I had already talked to another dealer and he told me he couldn't locate it and would have to order it. At that point I sort of suspected my salesman was full of it, but I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. Two weeks of un-returned phone calls, excuses, and a couple of flat out lies, and he finally admitted he was going to have to order it. I should have walked away from this salesman, but he already had my deposit, and this dealer is the closest to my house. I will probably be using them for service and I didn't want to burn any bridges there, so against my better judgement I went ahead with everything.

My question is this. Is there anything that I can specifically ask for to confirm the order was placed. Does nissan provide the dealer with anything like a confirmation number or order number when the dealer places the order? I though I remember somebody on here saying that once you have an order number, you can contact nissan directly and track the cars progress. At what point does a vin number become available, and is it possible for me to find out the vin from the dealer? I am basically looking for something that I can use to pin the salesman down and make sure I am not being lied to again. What can I do to confirm he is doing what he is supposed to?
Old 05-03-2004, 08:15 AM
Bertg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did your saleman fill out a Build to Order sheet when you placed the order for your car? If so, you should have a copy of this. If the order was placed, your salesman should be able to provide you with an order number. As for the VIN, I believe that should be availble as soon as the car is actually being built. Keep bugging your salesman for it. The VIN number will show up on Nissan's website once the car is in transit to the dealer. Good Luck!
Old 05-03-2004, 08:27 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If order was placed it has a number. Get the number & call Nissan USA. Talk to the sales manager instead of salesman. If your getting grief from sales call the owner.