Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Z is nothing but trouble

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 08:18 PM
panthrd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Z is nothing but trouble

I mean this car is a hazard, not to mention it constantly interferes with my daily schedule.

SHIFT_accident
---------------------------
First off, people cannot keep their eyes on the road and off the car. The Le Mans Sunset is even worse because it's just screaming for attention. I have already caused on accident - My lawn care guy ran over the water line pipe out in our front yard. I pull in my driveway and I hear this grating sound and look over to see his mower bouncing around on the pipes out front. He said he wasn't paying attention to what he was doing the car caught his eye. I had a motor almost become a rear trunk ornament on another car. I've came close to getting clipped on a four-way highway, as the driver next to me forgets to take the curve in the road, since he's not looking forward, but sideways at the car.

SHIFT_attention
---------------------
I am constantly stuck explaining about the car, telling the specs and showing poeple the engine, the trunk, etc, etc. It's starting to interfere with me making appointments and meetings on time.

SHIFT_addiction
---------------------
When I am not talking about the car, I am usually finding a reason to drive the car, then those damn Brembo make enough break dust I gotta spend every other day, cleaning those rims.

I tell you people this car is a hazard. I must warn those that are looking at getting a Z, your going to have to put up with all the staring, all the attention and the utter constant tempation to drive

SHIFT_KickAss!
Old 10-02-2002, 08:24 PM
BrainStorm

Oh, that's too bad...
Old 10-02-2002, 08:27 PM
jtree007
Charter Member #53

Not sure if this is a good or bad rant.. Sounds more like a commercial I can see how the Z can slowly take over yout live directly or indirectly... it has taken over mine.... and I don't even have my car yet!!
Old 10-02-2002, 09:46 PM
roberto350z

i dont know whats going on! I drive around, and NOBODY cares. Not one person has asked to sit in it, touch it or anything. ONE guy asked me what the speedo looks like, and some other commented that he saw the car on PBS and that it was "nicer" in person.

NO thumbs up. No waves. No nsx owners saying "nice car." No one looking. Maybe a couple check it out, but then they look away AS SOON as I look and smile. I feel like a dumass cuz Im smiling at myself.

I love my car, but I thought people were gonna ask me questions and stuff. I havent opened the hood for anyone! Am I intimidating or something?

Last edited by roberto350z; 10-02-2002 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:03 PM
Zboy

Originally posted by rpgonzalez
i dont know whats going on! I drive around, and NOBODY cares. Not one person has asked to sit in it, touch it or anything. ONE guy asked me what the speedo looks like, and some other commented that he saw the car on PBS and that it was "nicer" in person.

NO thumbs up. No waves. No nsx owners saying "nice car." No one looking. Maybe a couple check it out, but then they look away AS SOON as I look and smile. I feel like a dumass cuz Im smiling at myself.

I love my car, but I thought people were gonna ask me questions and stuff. I havent opened the hood for anyone! Am I intimidating or something?

I must have got the Silver Z
Old 10-02-2002, 11:34 PM
fdao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Life's a B*tch ain't it ?
Old 10-03-2002, 12:11 AM
GameOver

where r u @ ?

Last edited by GameOver; 10-03-2002 at 12:27 AM.
Old 10-03-2002, 03:25 AM
Leon's Z

Default Look Behind You!

Nothing but trouble, ya right!

And if you haven't noticed, there is a LLLLOOOOONNNNGGGG line of people waiting to get into the same predicament.

Oh, but to have my Z now...

still waitin'

Chrome Silver/charcoal/ 6mt/touring/ All extras minus NAV
Old 10-03-2002, 06:32 AM
WashUJon

SHIFT______________________wait
Old 10-03-2002, 09:38 AM
roberto350z

Originally posted by GameOver
where r u @ ?
ME? san diego...
Old 10-03-2002, 10:11 AM
azmo

I know what you mean. i cant go to the gas station without half the people there coming up to me to ask me about the car. I love it! The funny thing is that atleast 1 out of the 5 people that come up to me claim to have one on order. I have a feeling that there are going to be a hell of a lot of Z's around by next year. Unless they are lying and just wish they had one on order.
Old 10-03-2002, 03:44 PM
gibbsy1
Charter Member #33

Roberto,

Maybe they've all already seen my silverstone cruising the streets of San Diego. You know, I think I got mine a few hours earlier, so I guess I spoiled it for you. Sorry.

Actually, I'm surprised you haven't gotten any attention. I certainly don't get a following or anything, but I've had a number of waves and thumbs-ups and such. Nobody's asked to see under the hood, but I've opened the door and let a couple guys take a closer look at the inside.

All in all, very positive responses from total strangers. It's a weird, but very cool, feeling.