Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

65MPH + FedEX Freight Truck Tire + CF 350z = OWNED

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 08:17 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear Jason.
You seem to have terrible luck in you Z so far.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey all...

thank you very much for your concern...

I am very super pissed off but I keep my cool about things and dont let them get to me too much (but they do)...

I am mostly upset that I spent all day friday after we left willow springs with the race team fudging with my car and I wasnt able to get back to the office and start getting the new product on our web site... I look forward to getting info on new product online and things like that... oh well...

So here is the update on my car...

It drove fine until about 12pm on Friday (day after)... Once in the daylight I was able to see what happend... The tire went all the way under my car and flipped up and wacked my rear bumper... The tire hit the front bumper of my car soo hard, that it jammed back the radiator and broke the supports at the top of the radiator...

So, I stopped to pick something up on the way back on friday... I see a pool of green streaming from my car... I think, oh crap not again... I pop the hood... (This is when I noticed the radiator was moved back a few inches)... The Lower radiator hose was once again rubbing against the AC Pulley and it was ripped apart spewing fluid everywhere...

So, since I was in valencia 45 miles away from Performance NIssan I was stuck with my car there. If I turned it on it would overheat... So, I called my insurance agency andtold them my car was no longer drivable and neededto get it to a body shop ASAP so I could get a rental etc... So they sent me to a body shop in valencia... I get in my car to carefully drive it over there... and then I remembered the last time I bought my 350Z over there they stole my Cannon S400 camera out of it!!!!! So I took it to another shop...

The look on their faces was classic... They are scared of the car I dont htink they have ever had anything like it there...

Estimated damage to date from this tire...

1. New Front Bumper (replace with the same CF Bumper or Veilside V2 not sure yet)
2. Radiator
3. Power Steering Cooler
4. Radiator Support (maybe)
5. Lower Radiator Hose (always backordered from Nissan)
6. Have not had a chance to see under the car yet
7. Front Drivers Side Fender

well see how it goes...

I got my self an 05 2.5l Altima rental car... Can you say Front wheel drive peel out week!!!!!

Body Shop Time Line for my Z...

1. BMW X5 Backed into my car while in the studio. 2 weeks after I got it.
2. Rear ended by Chrystler M300
3. 101 Freeway Entrance Guardrail
4. FedEX Tire
Old 05-09-2004, 02:30 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

access to parts is one thing... haveing money for them is a whole different story! HAHA...