2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Sponsorship Q/a

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 02:27 PM
Ryan Davis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sponsorship Q/a

*IF ALREADY A THREAD I'M SORRY, I SEARCHED BUT COULDN'T FIND ONE*

I have a few questions about getting sponsorship, being "into the scene" and planning to get my Z later. I want to go about sponsorship in the best manner:

Everyone sends thousands of letters to thousands of companies per month but what lands someone a sponsorship? In every car mag, every car will have about the same sponsorship decals on their car.

I read on one site to have your accomplishments and list of mods, yet I thought that sponsorship was to get you mods to actualy inturn advertise for the company that gave/helped you with the mods.

I'm obviously not to clear on the topic which is why I'm seeking information. In full, how do you go about getting sponsorship and what is it? And what would be some good "purposes" to point out in the letter?

Thank you all for your time and responce.
Old 05-08-2004, 05:55 PM
D@ActiveTuning

Just a quick pointer...you have to spend a TON before you can get sponsors unless you have some good connections...also plan on doing A LOT of shows....and a good amount of big ones.

Some sponsors require a magazine shoot in the works.

Just to give you an example, the guy with the tiger z (not sure if you know who he is), put about 12k into the car before sponsors started coming.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Ryan Davis

I know who you're talking about. He's in the "ZBabes" thread I think with Mercedes Terrell.

12K!? I thought that getting sponsors was to get you the mods at great prices to THEN go to shows so you can advertise the parts.

If there is that much money invested already, other than sponsors paying for shows and travel fair (which I know can be rather pricey) what would you actualy be doing for the sponsor seeing as how you probobly have the companies part already instaled?

It would seem you would be advertiseing for a company whoes parts you already paid for. Doesn't it in a way defeat the purpose of getting sponsorship?

This is why I'm not to clear on the whole sponsorship situation.