Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

PPW Z owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 12:05 PM
WashUJon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool PPW Z owners

Ok. I've done searches and gone through the galleries for all the PPW pictures I can find. Now I want MORE. I'm going to go see a Z tonight at a local dealer and I may put down a deposit for an order, so I really want to be sure PPW is the color I want. I'd really love it if you guys could feed me some more PPW pics! Thanks a lot...

-Jon
Old 10-03-2002, 01:00 PM
WashUJon

Wow, I guess it is a pretty uncommon color right now.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:25 PM
MaxTR

I second that WASHUJON. I'm looking toward PPW, and would definately like to see more pics!!
Old 10-03-2002, 01:40 PM
WashUJon

Thanks for the support, Max. Hopefully someone will post some.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:47 PM
I want a 350Z

Damn, I looked for PPW pics and those are impossible! I saw one in real life though. It would definatly be my choice after Lemans or Redline. But remember, its gonna get dirty really fast so give it car washes often.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:51 PM
DaKine-Z-

I have a PPW Z and absolutely love the color choice! From seeing it in pictures I was kind of hesitant at first but once the vehicle arrived and saw it under the sun, I fell in love with it!! This is just a sample but the picture definitely doesn't capture the effect of the pearl. Looks wayyyy better in person. You won't be dissapointed!!
Attached Thumbnails PPW Z owners-dsc00076.jpg  
Old 10-03-2002, 01:54 PM
MaxTR

Looks great DaKine!!! Especially with the frost interior! I wish the burnt orange leather was an option with the PPW. That'd be a nice combination IMO. Thanks again for the pic.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:57 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

You know, I would be very tempted to go with white if it was a purer white. I'm just not one on these offwhite/pearl colors. I have never been able to figure out why most of the manufactures won't put a white white on a car, but will on trucks.

I may still get the white if I go with the G35C, though, because the blue is...ick.

I like the white on the Z OK I guess (saw one), but I just lean toward true whites.

Also, white cars are not that bad to keep clean, compared to a lot of the other colors. I'd say both reds, blue, and black would all be harder to keep clean based on cars I've owned. On the other hand, the gray, silver, and sunset would probably be easier.
Old 10-03-2002, 02:08 PM
DaKine-Z-

Originally posted by MannishBoy
You know, I would be very tempted to go with white if it was a purer white. I'm just not one on these offwhite/pearl colors. I have never been able to figure out why most of the manufactures won't put a white white on a car, but will on trucks.

I may still get the white if I go with the G35C, though, because the blue is...ick.

I like the white on the Z OK I guess (saw one), but I just lean toward true whites.

Also, white cars are not that bad to keep clean, compared to a lot of the other colors. I'd say both reds, blue, and black would all be harder to keep clean based on cars I've owned. On the other hand, the gray, silver, and sunset would probably be easier.

In all do respects to your comment, this white really does change with lighting. In the sun it looks more white and sparkels a ton. In the shade it is more of an off white like seen in the picture I posted above. I also like true whites but IMHO this white says "Classy" with a capital C and fits the Z way better than your regular old blah white.
Old 10-03-2002, 02:15 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

I've seen one. I know what it looks like.

I didn't mean offense, btw. I just have my own little personal whines
Old 10-03-2002, 03:03 PM
gmoneyr1
Charter Member #47

Default The Pearl white is nice!!!!

My last Z (90' TT) was pearl white and even older people would compliment me on the color constantly. That's why I decided to go with PPW on my 350Z... The pic below is not my car but it has been posted on this site before....
Attached Thumbnails PPW Z owners-ppw-track.jpg  
Old 10-03-2002, 04:15 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Glen,

Hate to say this, but I am waiting and looking for the picture of your PPW. No show so far???
Old 10-03-2002, 05:46 PM
Enforcer

Enforcer
Attached Thumbnails PPW Z owners-shade.jpg  
Old 10-03-2002, 05:47 PM
roberto350z

I am a BIIIIIIIGGG fan of the PPW and frost. My favorite!
Old 10-03-2002, 05:47 PM
Enforcer

The Pearl is hard to photograph.

Enforcer
Attached Thumbnails PPW Z owners-pearl.jpg  
Old 10-03-2002, 05:55 PM
WashUJon

Thanks a lot, guys!

I went to see a Silverstone Touring model today at a dealer. It was the first Z I've seen in person and I'm in LOVE with the car. I still lean towards PPW, but man, the Z has gorgeous lines. Pictures definitely don't do it justice. Seeing the car in true life 3D made me positive that I've made up my mind in car choice. I wish someone would let me drive one!

I'll by placing my order within the next 2 weeks for SURE.

PS - My first car was white and it was by far the easiest to keep clean. Its very hard to see swirl marks in white. White looks cleaner in winter and definitely makes it harder to see dust and other light colored dirt. You really have to get hit with mud for the car to look downright dirty.

Last edited by WashUJon; 10-03-2002 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-03-2002, 06:00 PM
troutfishin02

Default Saw one today...

... and the ppw looks awesome - I've always thought of white as a "girly" color, would NOT have considered it for myself, ever - but the touring with a spoiler I saw today - VERY nice. I got wood.

Just my .02$

Cheers.
Old 10-03-2002, 06:16 PM
gmoneyr1
Charter Member #47

Originally posted by Touring6MT_Z
Glen,

Hate to say this, but I am waiting and looking for the picture of your PPW. No show so far???
You cut me deep JD, rolleyes:

You know I'm about to blow a gasket dealing with South Point Nissan.... My car didn't show up Wed. or Today. They don't know jack s@#! about where my car is located. Now I'm being told that it will be here on Friday (tomorrow). I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it. Looks like I'll be at the meet Sunday (at Dave & Busters) riding my bike instead of driving my Z.... Man I'm heated! :

Quick Reply: PPW Z owners