Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

DVD Nav have video playback?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 12:43 PM
RobJames

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question DVD Nav have video playback?

Can you play a movie DVD in the nav? If so, must the car be parked? Is there any potential for TV reception? Just curious. I wouldn't think of driving while watching videos, but it would certainly be a nice whistle to show my buds when I get my Z next Thursday.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:19 PM
del105
15 f125

dont think so I have a qx4 and you can't do any of that. Doubt they changed it for the Z
Old 10-03-2002, 01:21 PM
Brad4rdHay

Dont want to sound like an ***, but theres a great search function on this site, and this question has been gone over about 10 times. No, you need to hack the nav to play movies.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:24 PM
RobJames

Yeah, I've seen some great topics the last few days. My question probably took up some valuable space that could have been used by someone asking which color is the "kewlest" or whether their daddy should buy them a Ferrari or a Z. Sorry I got involved.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:45 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Regardless, two wrongs don't make a right. Like Brad said, it has been hashed and rehashed. Use the search please.
Old 10-03-2002, 06:08 PM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Originally posted by RobJames
Yeah, I've seen some great topics the last few days. My question probably took up some valuable space that could have been used by someone asking which color is the "kewlest" or whether their daddy should buy them a Ferrari or a Z. Sorry I got involved.
Yours is one of those great topics!
Old 10-03-2002, 06:29 PM
jtree007
Charter Member #53

It also was posted in the wrong forum... technical would have been a better place to post and as on nissans site DVD Playback is not listed as a feature of the NAV a post in the mod page on how to do it or ideas on how would have been a good too. Like others have said, everone before you ask, search first... In many cases there are already threads out there that cover the question/issue and might provide more information than can be gathersd by a new thread as the question seems repetitive to thoes that have answered/ashed the question..... Not to flame, but many of the newbies are asking simple questions that are already been answered many times or the answer can be found right off nissan's website... You should be able to found out the infromation that you seek but sometimesthoes that know don't have the time to answer or even get through all the new threads...
Old 10-04-2002, 05:52 AM
RobJames

So if you see a new thread that obviously has a subject that you know has been discussed before, and about which you don't want to talk any more, are you somehow irresistable compelled to read the thread anyway and even respond, thus knowingly wasting your own valuable time and energy. Why can't you just ignore it?
Old 10-04-2002, 09:06 AM
ballz

So if you see a new thread that obviously has a subject that you know has been discussed before, and about which you don't want to talk any more, are you somehow irresistable compelled to read the thread anyway and even respond, thus knowingly wasting your own valuable time and energy. Why can't you just ignore it?
Exactly.. Why is everyone so **** about these kindsa things? Can't we all just get along.....
Old 10-04-2002, 11:20 AM
ToddLuc

We can. Agreed. Now for the other question that you and others ignore... "why can't YOU use the search function?"

This site has been getting slower and slower. If we can keep the repeated FACT questions at bay, we can help performance.

If I was to ask, "what is 1 + 1," the answer is, and always will be, 2. Is there a reason to keep asking that same factual question again and again? On the other hand, if I was to ask "what is your favorite color?" That could be asked again and again.

The point many are attempting to make deals with etiquette, pure and simple. Of course you can create any subject you want, but etiquette says you shouldn't create the same fact-finding subjects again and again.

I also don't think anyone is trying to make people feel bad. Just trying to explain the etiquette of the board. That's all.

Respectfully,
Todd
Old 10-04-2002, 11:47 AM
RobJames

So what you are saying is that members aren't allowed to bring up a prior subject at later time for further discussion between potentially different members; that we should all just do searches and if we find where the subject has been discussed before, even if it was before anyone actually got a car, or before an expert in the subject became a member on the boards, we should assume that the previous thread fully discussed and concluded the issue for all time and that any further discussion might anger those who previously asked all of the important questions and gave all of the best most correct answers to end forever all similar discussions. Thanks for your advice. I'll think I'll do it my way though. Rest assured, I'll let you have the last word. I didn't get my question answered here anyway.
Old 10-04-2002, 12:08 PM
ToddLuc

So what you are saying is that members aren't allowed to bring up a prior subject at later time for further discussion between potentially different members; that we should all just do searches and if we find where the subject has been discussed before, even if it was before anyone actually got a car, or before an expert in the subject became a member on the boards, we should assume that the previous thread fully discussed and concluded the issue for all time and that any further discussion might anger those who previously asked all of the important questions and gave all of the best most correct answers to end forever all similar discussions. Thanks for your advice. I'll think I'll do it my way though. Rest assured, I'll let you have the last word. I didn't get my question answered here anyway.
Absolutely not. Anyone can post anything they want. I personally don't care what people write. I am just trying to explain why there is the "use the search" versus "post it again" discussions.

Go for it if you want to post. I, personally, welcome the discussions.

To answer your question, no the DVD nav does not play video discs at all. Never will.

Respectfully,
Todd
Old 10-04-2002, 12:20 PM
RobJames

I lied about the last word thing. I've been trying the search function. It can be a lot to wade through sometimes, but I'll try using it before posting. Thanks for the info and spirited discussion. Take care.
Old 10-04-2002, 12:55 PM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Great way to end the discussion. See the hope continues for this site. Hope that search works for you Rob as we know it can be a b!tch at times. I do recall it being looked at by some to split wires here and there for DVD but obviously it has been dropped.