Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

"you should have got the G35"

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 10:34 PM
ml2316

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they're both great cars. but you can't buy a g35 6mt for 27k. and the z is lighter and > hp. back seats are nice for extra storage but in terms of seating they're overrated. every car i've owned has had small back seats and i've used them for passengers maybe a total of a dozen times. infiniti has better customer service and warranty though.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:27 AM
Dissolved

Default Re: Re: "you should have got the G35"

Originally posted by NzZ
People who say that are of 2 schools.

1) They are insanely jealous of you, and if you had a G would say "should have bought a Z." If you bought a ferrari...they like the lambo, and so on.

2) They are of the mentality that "luxury cars are better." I have a friend who tried to tell me that I should have bought a G35. When I asked why, b/c he said b/c of all the luxury features. He had no idea what the hell he was talking about, b/c my Z has 99% of the same features. What a moron! Well, what do you expect from a guy that drives a C240 and dreams of owning a jag. LOL.

NzZ
Well said. The G35 is nice, but didnt do anything for me. Plus, it's not a Z nuff said.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:17 AM
carmeljoy

i have a g35c. and i love my car! when i was going to buy i thought the z was actually slightly better looking. but i thought the interior trim and fit was cheaper and i need a little more room (back seat and trunk). after being on this forum and seeing some of your cars with mods and unique colors i think the z's are alot better looking then before. they are both great cars. it just depends on your needs. i give big respect to either when i see them on the road.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:18 AM
jkwak922

Thats why u buy both.... muhahaha
Old 05-12-2004, 07:39 AM
cedusett

Did someone say twins?
Old 05-15-2004, 09:59 PM
cwerdna

Default Re: Re: "you should have got the G35"

I had another friend tell me his C230 has "great engineering" and a "really nice interior." I laughed to his face. 180hp and trim that looks like burned tin foil? I'll pass. **Disclaimer** I'm not trying to rip on any car or the owner of any car.
LOL! Challenge him to a drag race (hopefully at a track) or autocross. Oh yeah, don't forget to show him the Consumer Reports reliability ratings for C class Mercedes (and all of them for that matter).

Last edited by cwerdna; 05-15-2004 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:30 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by mydogscool
Tire feathering : vs no tire feathering. On the G35 boards thay ask ho can they get 350Z suspension. Why oh why? Invite problems.
Because G35 shocks are too weak, I've had the Z suspension on for 8K, no feathering, plus it was dirt cheap to buy. Yes it has bounce, but for how cheap the suspension sell's for used and how much better the car drives with it, I'll live with the bounce (least til Tokico D-spec comes out).

I'm on of those guys that drove a Z and said, this is one of the best handling car's I've ever driven. But I had to walk away from the 2 seater thing however. So I put the Z suspension on to get back the magic, just sucks the ride quality comes along too. I would still rather have the Z however.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:35 AM
R.J._Vancouver

Yeah, I got this from the Moron head sales guy were I work.
He`s the same guy that if I had a Ferrari Modena, he`d say "You should have got that new Mercedes/Mclaren.
Meanwhile, he drives a Dodge Durango.

What an idiot.
Old 05-16-2004, 07:40 AM
Fear Night

Why does everybody think the G35 looks so much better?
Old 05-16-2004, 08:41 AM
DragonGcoupe

I was set on a black track 350z. However, when I looked at a black G35c MT I had to get the G.

I have pangs of regret everytime I see a black track 350z. I traded a more conservative interior for some key items, ie - two seats (boo), a freakin longer wheelbase, 200 more lbs, no gauge pods (this hurt me the most), and the fact that everyone and their mom has a G35 now.

I think either way I went, I would have had some form of regret.. Must get my dad to get a Z. =)
Old 05-16-2004, 09:34 AM
vice86

Originally posted by cedusett
Did someone say twins?
hahahaha...good one.
Old 05-16-2004, 04:31 PM
boma

Thumbs up

Like I said before, first I wanted a Z. Then I was like nah everyone has a Z just wait till the G35 coupe comes out. Then the coupe comes out. I've looked at both cars and compared them lookswise. The Z looks more exotic, the fact that it has less seats makes less people buy them. First I saw alot of Z's, and a few G's. Now I see atleast as much G's as Z's if not more.

This car rides rough, looks good, and goes pretty fast. That's why I like it. The Z is slightly more of a sports car thats why I like it so much now.

Plus Daytona Blue rules!
Love Black though, I have a Civic that's black
I had a Silverstone GTI that color was nice too.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:19 AM
nvertigo

Originally posted by boma
Like I said before, first I wanted a Z. Then I was like nah everyone has a Z just wait till the G35 coupe comes out. Then the coupe comes out. I've looked at both cars and compared them lookswise. The Z looks more exotic, the fact that it has less seats makes less people buy them. First I saw alot of Z's, and a few G's. Now I see atleast as much G's as Z's if not more.

This car rides rough, looks good, and goes pretty fast. That's why I like it. The Z is slightly more of a sports car thats why I like it so much now.

Plus Daytona Blue rules!
Love Black though, I have a Civic that's black
I had a Silverstone GTI that color was nice too.
The way i figured it, a car is a machine designed to transport people. the g35 transports twice the amount of people with almost the same speed. g35 also looks really nice and is a skyline which i am a big fan of. these are all reasons i got the g35.

in the looks department, 350z rules, but this department is subjective. people either LOVE it or HATE it because its so unique.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:16 AM
cwerdna

Originally posted by boma
The Z looks more exotic, the fact that it has less seats makes less people buy them. First I saw alot of Z's, and a few G's. Now I see atleast as much G's as Z's if not more.
But the Z is still outselling the G35 coupe overall in the US.

See http://www.nissannews.com/corporate/...15113520.shtml and http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...03/193091.html for more info.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:23 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by cwerdna

See http://www.nissannews.com/corporate/...15113520.shtml and http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...03/193091.html for more info.
damn a thousand of those two thousand odd G35c's must have been sold in San Diego because I see more than half a dozen on my commute everyday!

Theres like one of every color in the parking structure that I park at. Wow!
Old 05-19-2004, 08:28 AM
boma

i think that is per month, which would explain the low numbers.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:39 AM
timnjim

I like the G35c, but I fell in love with the Z. At first I wanted the Daytona Blue, but the dealership had this Liquid Aluminum, with the 18" wheels, TCS and Tire preasure monitoring that caught my eye, and which I ended up buying.

I like how the door handles match the rest of the body, not that the door handle/body color contrasts are bad, I just prefered the more uniform look.

My roommate went the other way. After I got my Z, he decided he needed to trade in his GTP for something new. He went with the FX35 over the Murano, and I have to agree with him. The FX is a much better looking vehicle, and all the bells and whistles that come with it are nice.

Tim S
Old 05-19-2004, 12:32 PM
ragtopz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the people who say you should have got the g, probably didnt drive both. i almost got the g, but after the test drive, like some one said earlier, i felt nothing emotionally.

after the test drive in the z, i couldnt stop smiling. there was no doubt in my mind that i had to have it.

the only reason i would consider getting the g over the z is if i needed the rear seats... which i dont.

plus, the g is an extremely beautiful car, but there are just too many here in hawaii. i rarely see any z's and way fewer zr's.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:40 PM
afr0puff

Originally posted by cwerdna

Where are all the Zs going? I always see more G coupes on the road than Zs, but the numbers tell a different story.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:15 PM
mofoz

im sorry they both look awesome. but the Z in one word is bada$s. it just looks mean and i love it.