Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Anyone getting sick of their Z yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 08:53 PM
mikehernz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Anyone getting sick of their Z yet?

I have been reading the message boards for a while now, but i have barely ever posted on it. If there is one this that I love about owning a Z is this community and modifying it. I have owned a Super Black Track Touring edition for over a year now. I have done tons of mods on it mainly a $7000 sound system and bodywork. However; my enthusiasm regarding the car has dropped dramatically. When people ask me if they should get one I find myself telling them, "I wouldn't buy it again". Maybe it's just that I see so many on the road or it just feels like a car that's always never as bad as you want it to be. It's always like oh you got a Z. Don't get me wrong I know there are a lot of cars beneath the Z on the cool meter, but i sometimes feel like the Z barely makes it over the middle of that meter. I live in Los Angeles so my perception might be skewed due to the fact that there are so many nice cars in this city, and you see so many new Range Rovers and Mercedes SL's that you begin to think they are cheap. Well regardless I think I’m going to hand in the keys to my Z and end my affair with it. I'm think the new QX56 or something like it....is anyone else sick with their Z or am I the only one?
Old 05-12-2004, 09:22 PM
mofoz

you need 2 CCs of twin turbo goodness. that will do it im sure.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:21 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there are always cooler cars, no matter what you drive, till your riding in an enzo or mclaren your under someone(and maybe still then)

Im not saying the Z is perfect, or blows away all competition. but I havent lost enthusiasm, few miles in it and it just feels good. cant argue with that.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:58 AM
tommy81569

I live in San Diego, and when I am in La Jolla, the people driving those Mercedes, Range Rovers, Porches, and all the other high-end cars gawk over this Z. Some poor older lady about tripped herself staring at it as she walked by. There aren't many convertible Z's on the street here, and they are still unique, which is always nice. Call me a kid at heart, I guess, but I love this car and am planning to keep it for many years to come.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:18 AM
kernel

the only thing im sick of about my car is the amount of time it's been sitting in the damn body shop. other wise i don't think i could give my baby up for anything. i like the car, and i like the people i meet by owning the car. the Z club people in the area are really cool and i don't think i would have met them had i not gotten this car. heeh Z
Old 05-13-2004, 05:53 AM
FB-350

i must say i too am getting a little tired of it...
i've got an '03 SB Enthusiast; my biggest turn off is all the little rattles & squeaks while driving - it almost feels econo to me...
plus the SB paint is a huge PITA...
I'm almost done getting it back to stock form and am considering an '04 model - haven't even checked one out yet, just waiting till mine is ready for the trade...
and in the back of my mind, the words 'M3' keep popping in.. haven't driven one of those yet either...
time will tell i guess...
Old 05-13-2004, 06:16 AM
zeroday

im more tired of all the bitching and moaning that goes on in this forum. you'd think you guys were expecting a ferrari for 30k.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:19 AM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got tired of my other cars much faster. The thrill of the Evo wore off after about 2 months. I still have much love & enthusiasm for my G35c. I was a fool for selling my first Z.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:28 AM
91na

I just dont understand how people can swith between cars so quickly!
Old 05-13-2004, 09:30 AM
amallari

I think that we envy other people with their cars, we who love cars like to change them every 2-3 years. Like me! Best thing I do will start leasing. Also, have you heard of negative equity, it piles on after you trade in a car frequently. I'm not sick of driving my Z. After I got mine last year it seems like every stop light I go too, I see them! They are spreading like wildfire! It was nice having the only one in my area, but now there they are everywhere. It would have been nice if they kept the quantities limited. Oh well!
Old 05-13-2004, 09:46 AM
ranger5oh

I love mine. I live in STL and I almost never see em. They arent very common here.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:49 AM
lunartick13

I must say in my area there is hardly any Z`s, I see 1 a week on the average.
I supposse if there were all over the place, I would be a little tired, one of the rasons I got my Z was cause there were far and few.
I know I be sick if I got rid of my Z. Love this car!
Old 05-13-2004, 09:52 AM
mofoz

the only thing that will make me trade in my Z is a M5. and even then i might still keep it.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:54 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Sportscars are about passion not need thus a high turn over rate for them. If you want real function, buy a minivan otherwise learn to buy the new flavor of the year and its cost to do so or appreciate what you got. To me a classic like a 240Z still looks good years later. Hopefully, for us, the 350Z will still draw passion years later. Time will tell...
Old 05-13-2004, 10:45 AM
Reggi914

i love my z
Old 05-13-2004, 11:12 AM
KrazY-2K

Sick of it? Never!
Old 05-13-2004, 11:20 AM
vice86

I love my Z...i only drive it on Fridays to the parking lot where I catch my bus..so I look forward to getting home and then on the weekend...otherwise its garaged or the wife takes it on a monday or wednesday. The ONLY annoying thing is the color...NEVER again will I get black in any car again. My next car will be a C5 or C6 in silver.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:35 AM
JPizzle

How could you ever get sick of it? Just buy more stuff
Think about it, if you trade in, you lose money- put that money into the car directly.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:49 AM
Rayden2001

Default Re: Anyone getting sick of their Z yet?

Originally posted by mikehernz
I have been reading the message boards for a while now, but i have barely ever posted on it. If there is one this that I love about owning a Z is this community and modifying it. I have owned a Super Black Track Touring edition for over a year now. I have done tons of mods on it mainly a $7000 sound system and bodywork. However; my enthusiasm regarding the car has dropped dramatically. When people ask me if they should get one I find myself telling them, "I wouldn't buy it again". Maybe it's just that I see so many on the road or it just feels like a car that's always never as bad as you want it to be. It's always like oh you got a Z. Don't get me wrong I know there are a lot of cars beneath the Z on the cool meter, but i sometimes feel like the Z barely makes it over the middle of that meter. I live in Los Angeles so my perception might be skewed due to the fact that there are so many nice cars in this city, and you see so many new Range Rovers and Mercedes SL's that you begin to think they are cheap. Well regardless I think I’m going to hand in the keys to my Z and end my affair with it. I'm think the new QX56 or something like it....is anyone else sick with their Z or am I the only one?
By a widebody kit or something then you'll be different, and turbo.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:45 PM
rodH

a QX56??? how can anyone be passionate about an SUV. my dad brought one home for the weekend and I bearly took the effort to walk over and glance inside, and even that was just a courtasy glance. BOOOOOORING

Quick Reply: Anyone getting sick of their Z yet?