Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

disappointed with the new 350z. (my 2 cents)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 05:49 PM
LIL RAJA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default disappointed with the new 350z. (my 2 cents)

I was just in Tyson's corner Rosenthal Nissan. They have two used red Z. One is with cloth seats (either base or enthu) and the other one is touring cuz it had leather. The touring was not open. The other one was, so i hopped in to see my future car.
Let me tell you, it was utter dissapointment. The exterior is really nice and beautiful but the inside is equally ugly. :-(
WTF is up with this cloth seats??? The look cheap like it came out of a Echo or something... Does anyone feel the same? I honestly either have to get the Touring or get aftermarket seats. The overall seating is very nice, but the material seemed way too cheap to me. My 2 cents. Then we got the console, very very cheap. For those who are not getting the navigation the empty console with the cover feels like ****... That's something that will require major overhaul...I really was looking either at enth. or performance, but now I am having to consider the touring. Besides those things the car has AMAZING presence. Looks really mean and strong. And oh the worst thing of it all - the salespeople who don't know jack about cars....

I wish there was a way to buy car direct from internet and have it shipped to the house... just a thought.

anyway that was my impression. So far I have test driving left and waiting until nov. 4 to check out the infinity g35 before finalizing what color, package etc.

thanks guys, this board has been very helpful.

LIL Raja
Old 10-03-2002, 05:57 PM
Todd

I've played the NAV cover and I thought it was fine. If you don't like it, just keep it closed.
Old 10-03-2002, 06:02 PM
LIL RAJA

Originally posted by Todd
I've played the NAV cover and I thought it was fine. If you don't like it, just keep it closed.
well u got the navi, so u will have something there. but I might just have to get a CF piece made to replace that. I am not trying to diss the car. But I just think they should have spend a little more attention to detail and quality. I wouldn't mind paying mroe for quality, but it felt cheap (sorta like the 60k navigator which has a similar cover)....

LIL Raja
Old 10-03-2002, 06:04 PM
Gendo Ikari

Default If you feel that way, check out the G35 Coupe

If you would rather a nice interior, check out the G35 Coupe. I think it has a much nicer interior. The Z's interior just seems empty without the NAV.

But I think the Z looks better from the outside. The G35Coupe doesn't look nice and proportional to me.

So either way its personal preference...
Old 10-03-2002, 06:05 PM
integraowner

Default nav cover is fine with me

as long as you follow the instructions for opening/closing it, it works like a charm.

I use it every day because my parking pass and entrance badge fit in there perfectly and don't rattle around when driving.

As I pull up to the guard gate, I press the button and the automatic door gives me access to my pass and badge. Pretty cool. heh
Old 10-03-2002, 06:06 PM
LIL RAJA

Default Re: If you feel that way, check out the G35 Coupe

Originally posted by Gendo Ikari
If you would rather a nice interior, check out the G35 Coupe. I think it has a much nicer interior. The Z's interior just seems empty without the NAV.

But I think the Z looks better from the outside. The G35Coupe doesn't look nice and proportional to me.

i feel the same way. The Z has more presence and looks amazingly nice (from factory) so just imagine some wheels and minor mods can do to the car.
Old 10-03-2002, 06:08 PM
LIL RAJA

Default Re: nav cover is fine with me

Originally posted by integraowner
as long as you follow the instructions for opening/closing it, it works like a charm.

I use it every day because my parking pass and entrance badge fit in there perfectly and don't rattle around when driving.

As I pull up to the guard gate, I press the button and the automatic door gives me access to my pass and badge. Pretty cool. heh
hahhaha. only if i followed the instructions. :-)
How do you like the drive and the rest?

LIL Raja
Old 10-03-2002, 06:16 PM
Todd

Default Re: If you feel that way, check out the G35 Coupe

Originally posted by Gendo Ikari

I would have considered the G35 Coupe, but I just don't like the dashboard of the G35. It looks cheap and doesn't look that luxurious. The Z's isn't perfect, but the design is better looking.
Old 10-03-2002, 06:26 PM
Old Skooler

I will not disrepect your opinion on the 350Z, Raja, but you need to look at what you're getting for the price!! In my opinion, the 2003 350Z is simply one of the most incredible value-for-dollar purchases one can make! It's a friggin' "drool-over-me" car for half the price!!
I have nothing but praise for Nissan even though I do not have my car yet. ALTHOUGH....I've driven a Z. (Super-black Touring Model) And it truly is all that in my opinion.
Old 10-03-2002, 06:31 PM
LIL RAJA

Originally posted by Old Skooler
I will not disrepect your opinion on the 350Z, Raja, but you need to look at what you're getting for the price!! In my opinion, the 2003 350Z is simply one of the most incredible value-for-dollar purchases one can make! It's a friggin' "drool-over-me" car for half the price!!
I have nothing but praise for Nissan even though I do not have my car yet. ALTHOUGH....I've driven a Z. (Super-black Touring Model) And it truly is all that in my opinion.
thanks for not disrespecting my opinion cuz I am entitled to it. No doubt the car is an amazing value. For under 30k it offers so so much more than anything in it's price range or class.

However, just because I am looking to buy the car does not mean that I should admit to liking things I don't think looks good or something. But surely Nissan could have done a little better with the material of the seat and the console.. I was just asking if anyone else felt the same way? I know my options are limited to either touring or performance (if performance then switch out the seats with aftermarket ones) and also wait for the g35.

my dislikes are very tiny compared to my like, but I was just thinking out loud.

LIL Raja
Old 10-03-2002, 06:42 PM
nizl

That's funny, you've said pretty much the exact OPPOSITE of every one of the dozens of people that have asked to see my car and ridden in it.

All of them comment on how they love the seats.
They all play with the NAV door and think it's cool.
And every single person has said the interior is simple and classy.
Old 10-03-2002, 06:48 PM
LIL RAJA

Originally posted by nizl
That's funny, you've said pretty much the exact OPPOSITE of every one of the dozens of people that have asked to see my car and ridden in it.

hmmm. that is sorta funny...
I like the seats, but not the material. You must have the touring with the navi. I really think it is poorly made. Maybe I have been too used to bimmer and benz standards. Oh well, I guess I better start liking it soon...

lil raja
Old 10-03-2002, 06:57 PM
ksj

I have a Performance, so I guess I'm in one of the cheap seats.

Seriously bud, the material is sticky as hell and is quite comfortable, even in shorts. Anyway, it's a damn sports car, not a luxury sedan...
Old 10-03-2002, 07:00 PM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cloth seats have been raved upon by numerous magazines and a large number of people that own the car.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:00 PM
suw

I'm getting used to it. The interior is undoubtedly deficient in character and class. The cloth seats do seem cheaply made, the headrest does not tilt front and back, the side paneling of the doors is odd (and not leather covered in the touring edition from what I understand) and the door reflectors do not light up when the doors are ajar.

I'm getting used to the front compartment that draws so much flack. I agree with the guy--I've put my parking card there, a pad and pen, and leave my cell phone there for easy access.

I love the outside looks. I love the drive (6oo miles so far), and the leather on the steering wheel is a pleasure.

I had and still have great pride from my 1988 Z-31 , whose interior is more refined, but the 350 is a great car so far.

Sw
Old 10-03-2002, 07:25 PM

's Avatar

I finally was able to sit in a Z last weekend and I agree it has the "back to its roots" feel to it. Plain and to the point. Yet that is what the owners of the previous 300Z complained about. They started saying that the car was too flashy inside.

Guess you can't please everyone. I thought it was great inside. Go sit in a Sebring or Grand Am and feel how cheap it is. The dials for the climate control are crap in the American made cars.

Nissan had a quality feeling about it right down to the doors closing. SOLID
Old 10-03-2002, 07:39 PM
Zoro

Default same here

Originally posted by nizl

I agree with you, there's not a thing wrong with the seats.
Seats are made to sit in not drool on.

The things some people will do for an avatar, thats alot of points you got there for a new user.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:45 PM
rouxeny

I love my seats. Admitedly, I haven't sat in the cloth ones yes, but my leather ones are very nice. Quite supportive. My only complaint would be that my back gets pretty hot, I'm always checking to see if I turned on the seat heaters by mistake.

I'm getting to like the Nav door. The space is very handy, I have my digital camera, toll money, and parking card in there for easy access. When I drive, I stick my wallet in there. I had been thinking about putting in an aftermarket screen there, but I think I would miss the storage too much.

I agree the door is kind of awkward, but once you get used to closing it, it's no big deal.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:52 PM
olzilver

Default Not a damned thing

wrong with the seats in the way they fit, feel, or the way they look. The interior is ergonomic and spartan and that's the way I like it. Overall, the interior is appropriate and well thought out. 'Course, if we asked, I bet Nissan would cover the entire inside with Connally leather and solid gold accents if we all got together and asked politely. Maybe that would keep everyone's spirits up that does not care for the interior. This car is f***ing great!
Old 10-04-2002, 12:05 AM
Zboy

Sorry but I have to disagree with you on seats. The cloth material on my track is very nice. Its perfect for a sports car. I am considering aftermarket leather but not because I have problem with the cover I have right now. I just want orange seats on my Super Black Z. As for the rest of the interior, its simple and well laid out for a sports car. Everything is within reach and where it should be. Its a very driver oriented interior. I dont see anything cheap about it but at the same time its not lavish at all.

If you are looking for luxurious and flashy interior then you are looking at a wrong car. You might try the M3 or the S4 but be prepared to pay thousands more.

Quick Reply: disappointed with the new 350z. (my 2 cents)