Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

At times it's like riding my bike...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 08:17 PM
ksj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At times it's like riding my bike...

Is it the color?

Is it the driver of the monster SUV that doesn't bother to look before making a turn? I get cut off so much more than before, the Pathfinder is pearl white but it doesn't have the xenon's.

The bike is a Mandarin Yellow 2002 BMW F650GS that SUV drivers fail to see since they don't really bother to look while they are chatting away on their cell phones.

Is it the lookiloo factor? I don't know, but I am getting annoyed. This is sure to bring tickets since the cops are always going to ticket the guy accelerating or dodging his or her way out of a dangerous situation.

Opinions, options?

Ps I don't leave the xenon's on during the day, but I think I should change my mind about that...
Old 10-03-2002, 11:56 PM
zPilott

I remember reading that the Z in canada has optional daytime running lights that can be switched on/off at the dealer. Anyone know how it is set up and if we can get it installed here in the states?
Old 10-04-2002, 03:03 AM
integraowner

Default days like today

ksj, it's partially your (and my) color choice. I actually like the idea that silverstone kinda blends in - the shape and lines of the car are plenty flashy for me, don't need the color to be flashy as well.

Anyway, today was a typical rainy day in Seattle, and as I expected the Z is a bit less visible in these more grey conditions.

I haven't found myself getting cut off more, but I am opening myself up to being cut off since I'm following people at a greater distance to help prevent paint chips

Have you opted for a clear bra on your Z? I'm leaning towards NOT getting one, living here where rain is usually the worst weather we see.