Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Uninstalled front spoiler and Uneven hood?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 10:14 PM
skong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Uninstalled front spoiler and Uneven hood?

Hi, I already did the search, but didn't get what I am looking for. Anyhow, here is what I have to ask you all. Just 5 minutes ago (it is now 1:00 am in Chicago ), I went to the garage to look at my newly acquired Z; for one, I'm trying to find out why I have a new in the box front spoiler in my car (I took possession of the car on Wednesday night). The Z I bought specifically said the option of areodynamic package, so the shouldn't the front spoiler be installed already? Secondly, upon closer inspection of the front, I noticed that the hood line on both side of the car are distintively uneven. The gap on the right side of the car is wider than the gap on the left side (poor craftsmanship?). I did remember someone on this forum had mentioned he also noticed that his hood is slightly slender on one side of the car (a picture was even posted).

What are you guys' opinion?
Old 05-21-2004, 11:14 PM
Grommit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My hood is just like yours but my left side of the hood has a slightly wider gap than the right. It's nothing you can notice by looking at it. I only found it when I was waxing my car and was running a sponge along the gap of the hood and noticed the fit of the sponge was different.

It's not like I'm going to sell the car because of that, heh. As for your spoiler, I think it should have been installed before you picked up the car. I'd call your dealer and ask whats up.