Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZDayZ - The Official Pics, Stories, & Comments Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 07:26 AM
mcduck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that's a deep shine! Thanks again, Bonz!!!
Attached Thumbnails ZDayZ - The Official Pics, Stories, & Comments Thread!-jh109_detailing_bonzrefl.jpg  
Old 06-07-2004, 07:28 AM
mcduck

Even though he was technically "working", the good doctor couldn't help but give a thumbs up on the Brick!
Attached Thumbnails ZDayZ - The Official Pics, Stories, & Comments Thread!-am1284-1.jpg  
Old 06-07-2004, 07:31 AM
mcduck

Of course, we could not pass up this perfect opportunity to get pics of the two SCed Bricks together. We had to go at these photos at an angle like this because time actually stops in the area between these two cars where a collective 90+ coats of Zaino bends light itself!
Attached Thumbnails ZDayZ - The Official Pics, Stories, & Comments Thread!-am1380_byb.jpg  
Old 06-07-2004, 07:33 AM
mcduck

We didn't just have fun out in the cars. Here is the Middle Tennessee Z Club enjoying a few libations out by the pool... something I soon joined them in (and hence the reason few pictures were taken after this time).

I was overjoyed to find out that a pirate's favorite 350Z color is, in fact, Brickyaaaaaaaaaarrrrd.
Attached Thumbnails ZDayZ - The Official Pics, Stories, & Comments Thread!-am1388_pool.jpg  
Old 06-07-2004, 07:34 AM
mcduck

And if anyone felt the slightest twinge of guilt about me running around keeping things rolling all weekend... don't. I actually did get out to the Dragon a few times before things got too busy. We collected a few nice photos at the other end of the run in TN.

Hood down pic...
Attached Thumbnails ZDayZ - The Official Pics, Stories, & Comments Thread!-am1259_drgn_by.jpg  
Old 06-07-2004, 07:35 AM
mcduck

hood up pic... BTW, I luv my Seibon TS hood!
Attached Thumbnails ZDayZ - The Official Pics, Stories, & Comments Thread!-am1264-1.jpg  
Old 06-07-2004, 07:39 AM
mcduck

and for those who may not have met him, here's Bryan. He's the yahoo that brought a Ford Lightning to a Z-car meet. In this pic, Bryan is trying desperately to scare me on a drive around the Dragon... and darn near succeeding!
Attached Thumbnails ZDayZ - The Official Pics, Stories, & Comments Thread!-am1267_drgn_bryan.jpg  
Old 06-07-2004, 07:41 AM
mcduck

and as if car shows, mountain drives, and evening "pool parties" aren't enough, there is also some great natural scenery around Fontana if you took the time.

This is one of many "scenic" shots Jeff Holt took.
Attached Thumbnails ZDayZ - The Official Pics, Stories, & Comments Thread!-jh209_riverfog.jpg  
Old 06-07-2004, 07:42 AM
mcduck

well, what else can I say... see you guys next year!

PS - Be sure to watch for info about our website in the next 2-3 months!
Attached Thumbnails ZDayZ - The Official Pics, Stories, & Comments Thread!-am1315-1.jpg  
Old 06-07-2004, 07:33 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Andy, I risked life and limb to venture into "The Vortex" that exists between the "Brickyard Brothers" I was disoriented and blinded but I managed to snap this pic before jumping out just in time before being sent through a wormhole into another galaxy. I don't recommend viewing this without the appropriate eye protection, or at least not until you are properly drunk or stoned.
Attached Thumbnails ZDayZ - The Official Pics, Stories, & Comments Thread!-untitled-1-copy-small-.jpg  
Old 06-07-2004, 07:33 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Andy, I risked life and limb to venture into "The Vortex" that exists between the "Brickyard Brothers" I was disoriented and blinded but I managed to snap this pic before jumping out just in time before being sent through a wormhole into another galaxy. I don't recommend viewing this without the appropriate eye protection, or at least not until you are properly drunk or stoned.
Attached Thumbnails ZDayZ - The Official Pics, Stories, & Comments Thread!-untitled-1-copy-small-.jpg  
Old 06-07-2004, 07:44 PM
bhobson333

I saw it!

I experienced the temporal displacement!!!!

It was almost as if it was double-posted, like the post happened twice!!!!!

OMG, I can't believe it...... I've been time-tripping!

I guess I was drunk or stoned enough.......

Old 06-08-2004, 05:12 AM
mcduck

See... when you jump between the Bricks, you get that de ja vu thing that Neo experienced in "The Matrix"

I don't recommend viewing this without the appropriate eye protection, or at least not until you are properly drunk or stoned.
Bonz... I'm sure Yoda could see it just fine the night he went out on his little journey!
Old 06-30-2004, 09:02 AM
zlessnomore

any truth to the rumor of a tail of the dragon 2 this october?
Old 06-30-2004, 09:05 AM
zlessnomore

I am heading down there again the second week in August (1oth-13th) with my son. I thought him how to drive the Z and now I want him to see why! If any one else has the urge to drive the Dragon I hope to see you there! Once in a lifetime a road (car) makes this much difference!
Old 06-30-2004, 11:45 AM
mcduck

any truth to the rumor of a tail of the dragon 2 this october?
Umm... maybe...

Let's get the facts straight here. ZdayZ II will be next May, the weekend before Memorial Day... just like it was this year. It will again be a weekend long Z-fest and, if things go smoothly again has all the makings of an annual event

After ZDayZ wrapped up, several people in our local club who did not go to ZDayZ (shame on you!) expressed interest in checking it out. I found out another club was having similar discussions.

So, we set up a weekend in October to go up as clubs just for the sake of going. There will be no extra events. It will be strictly hanging out at Fontana Village & BS-ing and driving the mountain roads. This will be for the weekend of October 1-3, 2004

If you're interested, call Fontana Village and book a room. Our discounts are again under the ZDayZ, but this is not an official ZDayZ event. It is simply a club event for Carolina Z Club & Middle Tennessee Z Club. Everyone else is welcome to come join us, tho!
Old 07-01-2004, 08:34 AM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Count me in ;p
Old 07-01-2004, 04:28 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default ZDayZ -- Need your input

After going through this thread for the fifth or sixth time, I had a thought and I need your input. Instead of me writing the article on ZDayZ, how about Andy having a go at it?

I've already written glowing remarks for the fall Straightaway (From the Publisher) and thought Andy & Morris could write the DayZ article better than I. Remember, I was driving the Dragon in an Audi with a frighten passenger and don't have the first-hand thrill of the ride. (Don't get me wrong, I tested the Dragon in my S8 twice before Marlene arrived, but it wasn't my Silverstone)

Help me out here!

Andy -- Y/N
Bob -- Y/N

Oh, oh looks like I've started another challenge. Easy Dr. Bonz.

Bob
Old 07-01-2004, 05:16 PM
zlessnomore

I think that is a great idea! They put it together who better to know more about the fun the made for everyone! Just my two cents!
Old 07-01-2004, 05:25 PM
mcduck

What's our deadline, chief?

I'd be happy to help out, Bob, and I'm sure Morris would be equally willing to lend a hand.

You have my email... send me some guidelines. Give me an idea of how many words and any other constraints I'll need to observe.

It'll be a little tough for me to be unbiased, though.

Quick Reply: ZDayZ - The Official Pics, Stories, & Comments Thread!