Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

what should i get? Z or ZR?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 03:46 PM
shopdog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by nexstage350
how often do u put ur top up and down? just something tells me if i get the ZR ima use it all the time and u over a period of time it becomes wear and tear. where can u get the clear bra? or what is thier website so i can purchase it when my time comes. thanks
I have a Daytona Blue ZR with the Frost leather interior, NAV, 18 inch wheels, etc. It is a *gorgeous* car. Wind noise is less top down than most other convertibles. Now *rain noise* with the top up can be deafening, but you don't get wet, no leaks or other problems with the top. The air conditioning also works *very* well, so you won't die in hot muggy Houston.

I'm from Atlanta, and while our weather isn't quite so brutal, in the heat of summer I tend to leave the top up with the AC going in the daytime, and drop the top only for night time cruising. Spring or fall, though, it is top down all the way.

While the Z coupe is a great car, it was no contest for me once I drove a roadster. It is just a so much sexier ride.

With respect to wear an tear on the top, I do keep an eye on it, but so far no wear spots have shown up. Early roadsters did have some issues with pinholes, but Nissan changed the top material, and that seems to have fixed that problem.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:32 AM
nexstage350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by elyliu
top down 80% of the time (only when it's raining or looks like it's gonna rain, and when the gf is cold do i put it up). so up and down at least twice a day.

you can go to www.xpel.com to find some clear bra installers. That's where I found mine...

It doesnt get too dirty too fast for me. Maybe because I have black interior?
i plan on buying my Z soon. i just wanna enjoy at least 1-2 months without a car note.

did u install the clear bra or u installed it urself? that is going to be one of my first purchases ima make when i get my ride. thanks for the info
Old 06-18-2004, 04:24 AM
netman_one

Originally posted by Lookin4myz
I've got the ZR and anyone that says it's anything but the sexiest car out for the money just has bad taste. The top operates flawless, wind protection is great, and sound is fantastic.

Mostly everyone I talk to loves the drop top, coupes are starting to be seen as a dime a dozen car. By the way the car is not slower... lol, who said that? If anything I believe it has taller rear gears for the added weight, making it just as fast.

Everyone has an opinion, go with what you want. Your right too, girls love it.
Drive THE ZR - And the Question will be quickly answered...ZR!
Attached Thumbnails what should i get? Z or ZR?-our350zpic.jpg  
Old 06-18-2004, 06:29 AM
nexstage350

yep that is what i plan to do this weekend. going to dealership and going for a test drive. i drove the coupe and i love it, but now here is my chance to behind the wheel of a ZR. it's all good. thanks everyon1 for advice.
Old 06-18-2004, 07:11 AM
Buff

someone said that you "can't" take the ZR on trips/vacation.
I say that they don't know hooey! I took my ZR on a 3200 mile trip earlier this year & had no problem getting all the stuff for 2 people for a week in the trunk. (Granted I had the wife practice packing for a week before hand & I didn't take my golf clubs!)

KShep can vouch for me - I met him while on vacation.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:59 PM
elyliu

i wouldnt recommend installing clear bra yourself. It is very difficult, not worth the trouble. I had it installed.

nexstage350, post some pics of your ZR when you get it
Old 06-21-2004, 08:03 AM
nexstage350

i wouldnt recommend installing clear bra yourself. It is very difficult, not worth the trouble. I had it installed.

nexstage350, post some pics of your ZR when you get it
no doubt! i have to hold back just a bit if i want to get the ZR. i have to pay for my next semester of skool first. u know how that goes. i know for sure ima get the car. i could get it right now as we speak. i rather wait and do it right. can u post me a pic of your Z? thanks man
Old 06-21-2004, 11:03 AM
elyliu

http://photos.yahoo.com/elyliu

find a album called "my350z".... none of the photos have clear bra on the car tho....
Old 06-21-2004, 02:14 PM
ZRA

you are right bout that! no matter what they both are a win win situtation.. i do thank you 4 da advise. a buddy of mine has the coupe and he is lovin it. so i am leanin on the ZR.. oh well ima get my **** like next month or the following month. what model do u have? thanks
Hi Nextstage,

I'm going to order a 2005 touring SB this fall. Waiting for them to come into the country. It'll be a coupe. I've had enough ragtops in my life and they were a lot of fun. Enjoy your ar when you get it bro. ZRA.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:03 AM
nexstage350

http://photos.yahoo.com/elyliu

find a album called "my350z".... none of the photos have clear bra on the car tho....

good looking ride. i really can't wait till i get mine. hey if u ever get pix with the clear bra hook me up with a pic. i wanna see how it looks on the ride. thanks!
Old 06-22-2004, 07:12 AM
theSmoothDome

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

These are from about 2 feet away.

Last edited by theSmoothDome; 06-22-2004 at 07:14 AM.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:09 AM
nexstage350

Originally posted by theSmoothDome
These are from about 2 feet away.

hey thanks for the pix thesmoothdome. look great.. i think that is one good investment have u had any issues with your ragtop or anything? thanks again
Old 06-22-2004, 01:50 PM
ZRA

good looking ride. i really can't wait till i get mine. hey if u ever get pix with the clear bra hook me up with a pic. i wanna see how it looks on the ride. thanks!

OK nextstage,

I'll have a bit of a wait until the 2005 Z's are in. Will keep in touch. ZRA.