Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Am I Insane?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 12:22 AM
Zboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I Insane?

Ever since I got my Z, I have put several hits on www.weather.com I keep track of weather all the time to know when it will rain. I never leave home without checking up on the temp, cloudy/sunny readings, barometric and humidity readings and even look into which direction and how fast the wind is blowing! Heck, I even plan out my week acccording to weather and when I can most enjoy the Z outside. And then 2 days ago I took it to another limit...

It was cloudy all day..and forcast was for few light showers in the afternoon. I planned on staying inside till later afternoon when it was supposed to clear up a little. So here I am browsing the web and visiting different car sites, when I stumble upon www.audiusa.com I go to the A4 section, then gallery and download the video clip called "Wind" As soon as it downloads I play it on loud volume. Woah!! Now why couldnt Z commercials be like this?? I swear this video was exactly what Z ads should have been like. Anyways, so now I am imagining a Z streaking down empty twisty road with wind and leaves blowing behind it, with these words replaying over and over, "The wind howls because it cant keep up!"

Now I was faced with a dilemma. Drive Z in rain OR not take it outside but sit captive at home while the above imagery kept torturing me! I could not sit inside so I decide to beat the weather err... rainy clouds! I checked which direction the wind was blowing in, took my Z in an open wide parking lot nearby and looked at the distant clouds and looked for the dark ones. From then on, I kept driving in the direction which was allowing me to avoid those dark clouds, trying not to intercept the dark areas but keep myself under light areas! And it worked!! After 3 hours of spirited driving, my Z was still dry! And good thing I went out because the wind and first fall foilage kept trying to keep up!

Am I insane?!?
Old 10-10-2002, 12:58 AM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

No more insane than the rest of us, but yeah.
Old 10-10-2002, 05:30 AM
Old Skooler

Yeah, I'd say you're out there. Welcome to the club.
Old 10-10-2002, 05:37 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Next thing you know, you'll be listening to the voices in your head about whether or not to drive the car.

Nothing wrong with wanting to baby you're car, but you might be taking it to an extreme. Can't really talk, though. I don't have mine yet, but I know I'll be just as crazy when I get it.
Old 10-10-2002, 05:56 AM
mikersoft

Well if you're insane, then I must be too. I always check the weather in an effort to never drive the Z in the rain... I'm sure I'll get caught in the rain a few time during the life of the car, but I'll try to avoid it. Fortunately, I have another vehicle to drive during inclement weather....

-Mike
Old 10-10-2002, 06:18 AM
Sabre

Yep, you're a certified nut. However, I don't think you take the taco though.