Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

INSANE mark up at Rosental Nissan in DC Area!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 08:48 PM
Ricky
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EXTREMELY bad service + INSANE mark up's!!

I went to Rosenthal Nissan in Vienna (Virginia), and they had 3 on the lot for sale. 2 touring, 1 proformance. The touring they were selling for a whopping 43,000! NO NAVI! Just touring with all options except Navi. HOW INSANE. Great to know my car is worth a lot, but I feel bad too! I didn't even bother asking the price of the proformance..

PLUS when I said I was interested (Lying of course), they asked for a CHECK just to unlock the car and sit in it!!!!!! HOW INSANE IS THIS? A deposit to SIT IN THE FREAKING CAR..!! Urgh, some dealers just SUCK!!!!

Last edited by Ricky; 09-14-2002 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-14-2002, 08:57 PM
knihc2008

no wonder they have three. usually nissan dealers (read: ALL) sell them at sticker. and they don't have any on the lots.
Old 09-14-2002, 08:59 PM
Ricky
Banned

Hah, so TRUE!

And to top it off, the sales rep was smoking infront of me and my mom while showing us the car, my mom coughed, and he didn't even pay attention and just suckin the smoke up.

Anyone in DC area planning on ordering, DO NOT buy from Browns Fairfax, Rostenthal, or Marlow Heights (<--Marlow is VERY nice when you order and put some money down, but soon as the car arrives, they act like ********) I told them when a cancellation comes in, let me know, I'll take it. They call me when I'm 1000 miles away, I tell them I'll give my CC number over the phone and charge 1000, they said no, we have someone here offereing 2,000 , so come now or lose it.. So yeah!

Go for ANY Sheehy, they also give 200 OFF the MSRP!
I ordered form Tri-State, 100miles out of DC, they are also GREAT!
Old 09-14-2002, 10:17 PM
Gendo Ikari

I don't see whats so bad about Browns Fairfax....I am dealing with them and they have been very nice and responsive to anything I ask them. They were nice enough to set me up with a Z at MSRP after the pre-order program had ended, even though all the surrounding dealerships are making a killing off mark-ups. My sister bought her Maxima from them a few years ago and had a very good experience with them (which is why I went there in the first place). She also has gone there for her warranty work and they have been excellent the whole way through so they have a decent service department as well. They also have the Nissan Owner First Award of Excellence...etcetc....I guess if they screwed you then sorry, but for the most part I think they are just fine.
Old 09-15-2002, 03:48 AM
Bobg

I sat in the CS and the Redline without any check. What are you talking about? I spent almost an hour there and played with all the features, started it up and opened the hood. I guess the salesman thought you were not a serious customer and was testing your mettle
Old 09-15-2002, 02:23 PM
Dean

Funny coincidence, Ricky.

Mazda dealers treated me the same way when I was lusting after a 1st gen RX-7. I was 17 years old and my mother wasn't even with me.

Like it or not dealers make a living "profiling" prospective customers. If you're a teenager walking into a dealership with your mother, don't expect the red carpet treatment.

By the way, that same Mazda dealer was extremely courteous when I bought my 1989 RX-7 GTU a few years later.

Dean
Old 09-15-2002, 04:28 PM
jrreed350togo

Passport off Branch Ave. has a base they've marked up to 33k. It's going to be like that everywhere.
Old 09-15-2002, 05:12 PM
bhobson333

Default Re: EXTREMELY bad service + INSANE mark up's!!

Originally posted by Ricky
PLUS when I said I was interested (Lying of course), they asked for a CHECK just to unlock the car and sit in it!!!!!! HOW INSANE IS THIS?
It's not insanity, it's naivete. Yours.

If a dealership is serious enough about a car to charge $5k over sticker for it, (not that I condone price-gouging) they're serious enough about the car to insure that only serious buyers get to "finger" it. Serious buyers appreciate this fact.

Anyone who looks close to 17, even if he walks in with his mommy, is automatically in the category of "not a serious buyer". The only way to counteract this fact is to be willing to show some money. This is reality. Learn to deal with it.

It's not just an ageism thing. Any good salesman is going to steer you away if you don't look like you can afford what you're shopping for. If you want respect from a salesman, you must give the appearance of being able to afford his product, no matter what the product is.

If you have a job with a reputable company, the best thing to do is to wear badge or logo when you go shopping. My {major computer company} badge, worn casually, lets me test-drive anything I want to.
Old 09-15-2002, 09:06 PM
ksj

Default Re: Re: Re: EXTREMELY bad service + INSANE mark up's!!

Originally posted by ZNUB
its cheap.
Maybe inexpensive might be a more appropriate moniker...