Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Our cars kick @$$

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 03:51 PM
cbduece

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Our cars kick @$$

So I was about to open the door to my z which I have had for a grand total of about five days and this chick yells out her window "is that yours?" So of course I obliged, turned around and said yes. She told me that she wanted that car so bad and that it looks absolutely gorgeous. I swear she stared at my car for at least thirty seconds even as I was pulling away. I love this car.
Old 07-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Nforce1

HAHAHA ^^^ AWSOME
Old 07-03-2004, 03:57 PM
wildone_106

Most chicks completely, totally ignor my Z, altho the best responce I had was from 2 old ladies..thats depressing. I hate Seattle chicks...
Old 07-03-2004, 04:20 PM
KrazY-2K

Most chicks around here usually give my car a quick glance or two and then stare away. Some though just keep looking like their eyes were glued onto my car. Get a couple of "Nice car!" compliments from them once in a while too while I'm driving by them...
Old 07-03-2004, 05:00 PM
wildone_106

I think they consider the Z (or any nice car) as competing for attention lol so they get offended probably?!

Originally posted by KrazY-2K
Most chicks around here usually give my car a quick glance or two and then stare away. Some though just keep looking like their eyes were glued onto my car. Get a couple of "Nice car!" compliments from them once in a while too while I'm driving by them...
Old 07-03-2004, 07:39 PM
vincei

I get reactions from all ages both male and female, some totally freak. I love to hear the comments, I have yet to hear a negative remark.
Old 07-03-2004, 08:00 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I get tons of remarks from both guys and girls on AVG about 2 people stop me a week to comment on the Z

in the last week I had 3 girls in one car telling me how hot it was "cute girls too" and one older lady who loved the look of it and wanted to know what it was
Old 07-03-2004, 08:20 PM
shopdog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was cruising down Peachtree in my ZR the other day. A *very* bling Mercedes, black with blackout windows, pulls up beside me at a light. Zzzzzz, the window comes down and this guy, who could be Mr T's brother, says, "Nice ride, man." Then Zzzzz, window goes back up.

I get *lots* of compliments on my car, but this one made me smile for miles.
Old 07-03-2004, 08:31 PM
ThreeFitty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stopping for gas is a 30 minute ordeal, everyone has a question or comment. Its a good feeling, but also alot of pressure, you don't want to stall it driving away.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:41 PM
Pusha_Z

Default Re: Our cars kick @$$

Originally posted by cbduece
So I was about to open the door to my z which I have had for a grand total of about five days and this chick yells out her window "is that yours?" So of course I obliged, turned around and said yes. She told me that she wanted that car so bad and that it looks absolutely gorgeous. I swear she stared at my car for at least thirty seconds even as I was pulling away. I love this car.
If she was hot you should have offered her a ride. I gave a fat chick that looked like Star Jones a ride in my Z just because she was so enthusiastic about it.... plus she asked nicely
Old 07-04-2004, 12:23 AM
bascelik

Yeah, I agree. I just had my first night with Stillen SC installed on my DB Z -- so, cowled hood and all...

Went with two friends to a local pub/bar.
1. The two blond hostesses definitely gave me 2 x long the looks they usually give me. Now, this time I was dirty, some grey old shirt out, old jeans, white socks, sneakers, didn't comb hair, etc... You add it up.
2. Every person that left the bar, checked out the car -- chicks, guys, couples. In most cases, 30 seconds. In other cases, they circled the car several times before leaving. People got so close, trying to see the gauges inside (I'm guessing, blame the tint), I actually got worried someone's gonna key or damage me Z (or leave fingerprints on my clean windows )!

Car is a definite attention-getter. Especially in areas that appreciate sports cars, or -- in my case -- visibly modified cars.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:29 PM
MadMax76

Originally posted by wildone_106
Most chicks completely, totally ignor my Z, altho the best responce I had was from 2 old ladies..thats depressing. I hate Seattle chicks...
Although I am not a chick but I love looking at your car everytime I go by . You are probably not going to the "right" places. There are planty of hot chicks around Seattle .
Old 07-04-2004, 03:09 PM
fuzion

yes. this car is the ****. cmon all u ***** fukas know otherwise you wouldnt have bought it.

:bigthumb:
Old 07-04-2004, 03:22 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when I first got my car, one night i came home and just parked in in my driveway cause i was running inside to change clothes really quick. When I came out, this old lady walking her two dogs was walking by, actually she walked past my car, sorta stopped and was looking at my car as I was walking towards it to get in. She seemed to be searching for what to say until she finally said "thats... that's a cute car" I smiled, said thanks, then got in and left.

One time I was going to sams club to get food. Get out of the car, walk about 10 feet before this middle aged women drives up really quick with her passenger window down. Asks me if that's my car and says she loves that car. That she's been seeing a lot of them lately. And she loves the color, and notices that it even matches my hair (sunset lemanz)

Another time I pull up to a restaurant and there's a couple guys standing around in the parking lot. My girlfriend and I both met up there cause she was going home after that and so we parked almost next to each other and started walking away. One of the guys starts asking me about my car, and particularly about if I got leather or not and weather it's hot (live in AZ). I said I didn't get the model with leather, but I got custom leather seats and that I liked them better than the nissan factory leather - not as stiff plasticy feeling. Told him sure leather gets hot in AZ during the summer if you don't crack your windows and put up one of those windshield things.

My dad has a turbocharged pontiac grand prix. He's always joking not to park next to him cause it makes him look bad, hehe.
Old 07-04-2004, 03:58 PM
overlord tom

Originally posted by wildone_106
I think they consider the Z (or any nice car) as competing for attention lol so they get offended probably?!
It's funny you say that. I was thinking the same thing. I know that all of my ex's adored my sports cars while we were dating (because they get attention), but as soon as we lived together and I was out cleaning or working on the car, I would get the infamous "You like that car more than me. Why don't you just have sex with it". lol

My theory is that the ones that pay no attention or look away, probably have a boyfriend/husband at home that has a nice car and spends more than 5 minutes a week making it look good.

So far, the most stares I get are from guys, little kids, and old ladies. I've had a few occassions where hotties that were passenges in high-end luxury cars went way out of their way to turn around in their seat to gawk. Now THAT is a good feeling.
Old 07-04-2004, 06:20 PM
Zpeed Freak

For me and where I live, I get the most flat out stares and gawking from the ladies. The majority of guys that look only glance and try their best to ignore me or look pissed off. The kids stare a lot too. You can't deny that it's funny when even the little old ladys do double-takes. As far as guys, it seems like the import guys show more respect than the american muscle heads. The chicks are the most fun though, I must say.

I honestly never bought this car for the attention factor, at least not conciously. I'm all about a good balance between handling and performance while pleasing *my* eyes. Nssan put that together nicely in a very affordable package, what else can I say? Although, it is interesting to see how much more attention you get in a Z than your average car.

The Z is definately bada$$, but for many more reasons than just what other people think.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:08 PM
ml2316

yes being envied is a good feeling and one of the selling points of a z. in fact i would so far as to say sports cars in this price range are envied more than cars like porsches and ferraris bc since they are just affordable enough for so many people they linger in ppl's minds as a realistic fantasy.

ok, maybe not ferraris

Last edited by ml2316; 07-04-2004 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:20 PM
obsidian02

The owners of 300zx (or twin turbo) in 1990 also got as much attention (or even more than) a 350z in 2003, although handlingwise it was not as respectfull as 350z. (the engine is stronger though and faster in 1/4 mile). But comparing the price between both, 300zx has no chance. 350z is a clear winner.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:46 PM
time4aspliff

When I first got my car two years ago, I felt that it got way too much attention. I couldn't go anywhere without people pointing, staring, asking questions, etc. Back then, I'd be lucky to see 1 or 2 other Z33's a month.

Fast forward to two years later and the situation is completely different. On the average, I encounter 3-6 350Z's a day here in Southern California. And it seems that nowadays, people go out of there way to act completely disinterested.

I can't say I mind. I never bought this car for attention (even though it can be flattering at times). I bought it because it's one hell of a machine for the price.

Sometimes blending-in has its advantages over standing-out...

And oh yeah, our cars do indeed, kick @$$!!
Old 07-04-2004, 08:09 PM
AZZGUY

Originally posted by obsidian02
The owners of 300zx (or twin turbo) in 1990 also got as much attention (or even more than) a 350z in 2003, although handlingwise it was not as respectfull as 350z. (the engine is stronger though and faster in 1/4 mile). But comparing the price between both, 300zx has no chance. 350z is a clear winner.
I PURCHASED THE NEW 1990 300ZX AND WILL SAY IT HANDLED VERY NICELY - I NEVER FELT UNEASE AT ANY SPEED HAD IT UP TO 125 A COUPLE TIMES - ONCE ON A 2 LANE HIGHWAY AND THE OTHER ON THE EXPRESSWAY FROM CASA GRANDE TO PHOENIX. ALSO DROVE 80 TO 90 UP CURVY MOUNTAIN ROADS IN ARIZONA AND COLORADO. IT "HUGGED" THE GROUND WITHOUT A HINT OF "TILT" - TRADED IT IN ON A 1995 MAXIMA AND WAS SORRY EVER SINCE. I DROOLED OVER THE 350 AND FINALLY BROKE DOWN AND BOUGHT IN FEBRUARY ! DROVE IT TO VEGAS AND BACK A WEEK AGO AND REALLY ENJOYED. NEXT TRIP IS A MONTH TO THE MOUNTAINS OF COLORADO IN AUGUST.
ACTUALLY I PAID A LITTLE MORE FOR THE 350 THAN THE 300 - NOT MUCH - BUT DIDNT GET THE FRILLS THS TIME - LEATHER SEAT, BOSE AND T-TOPS (AND THE 90 WAS A 2+2) - WILL MISS THE EXTRA SPACE FOR TRAVELING. THEY ARE BOTH EXCELLENT AUTOS. I HAD THE SPARKLY YELLOW IN THE 90 - ALWAYS COULD FIND IT IN THE PARKING LOTS!!

Quick Reply: Our cars kick @$$