Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

my 350Z @ 150mph - Phx to Vegas - pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 09:32 PM
raceboy
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not only are you a moron, but you are a moron with no taste! Neon, how old are you; 8? Hopefully when you kill yourself, you won't take anyone else with you. I have spent 15 years of my life racing cars and never felt the childish need to go that fast on a public street. You sir are a little child and a loser. Enough said.
Old 10-14-2002, 09:34 PM
Danimsta

Originally posted by raceboy
Not only are you a moron, but you are a moron with no taste! Neon, how old are you; 8? Hopefully when you kill yourself, you won't take anyone else with you. I have spent 15 years of my life racing cars and never felt the childish need to go that fast on a public street. You sir are a little child and a loser. Enough said.
raceboy strikes again!
Old 10-14-2002, 10:32 PM
N74DV

Raceboy..... good thing we have guys like you around to judge us and let us know when we f#ck up.

Thanks for the hot tip. I'll make sure I modify my behavior and do my best to please you.... cause we all know that your 15 years of racing experience makes you the authority on anything with 4 wheels.

Youre just too damn cool bro!

if you'd have read the post closer you'd see that I said no one was on the road when I did the run...... nope... you were too quick to actually read anything... you decided to get busy and whip out some "I'm way better than you"

I don't tell you what you should do with your Z. Whatever you choose to do with your $37K car is up to you... and what I chose to do is up to me. Got it?

To each his own...

DJV

Last edited by N74DV; 10-14-2002 at 10:52 PM.
Old 10-14-2002, 11:03 PM
beast_bl
Banned

Hey, there was a guy in Japan selling vids of his speedo in his ferrarri going over 200kph, and he sold one to a cop and got busted. So I'd be carefull what I post, you can still get a ticket.
Old 10-14-2002, 11:09 PM
N74DV

legally, the pics do not prove any guilt. A video on the other hand has more to show proof of the offense. A simple digital still could not be used against me...

in today's age of digital photo re-touching (which I do professionaly on a daily basis) anything is possible. I challenge any cities D.A. to slap me with an offense based on these photos.

now the real question...... are the photo's real??

the truth is out there.......

DJV
Old 10-15-2002, 04:00 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't want to bring it up but that was MY question. Are these pics simply "photoshopped" or was he really going that fast. If you ask me, it is the former. Think of the angle of the pic. His girlfriend would have almost had to have the camera in front of the guy's face to snap that pic. Wouldn't it have been easier to take a pic of the digital speedo (not to mention a lot safer)? This guy must have some SERIOUS ballz to go 150+ with his GF leaning over onto his side of the car (obviously with no seat belt...not that that would have mattered at that speed), stuck a camera in his face and taken that pic.

Also, I second what Raceboy said. Yes you can do what you want with your 37K but when that involves the lives of others (your GF for one) and anyone else on the road (yeah, yeah I read your post....no one on the road. but at 150 cars come up to you pretty fast) then it isn't just about what you do with your car anymore.

That speed anywhere else than a track is INSANE.
Old 10-15-2002, 06:05 AM
N74DV

It's amazing how you guys come up with your thoeries... My GF did snap the pic.... no it did not block my vision .... yes she was wearing a seatbelt... yes she was aware of the speed and risk..

and finally.... NO I really don't care if you think I'm an idiot or not.

90% of you have gone this speed in less safe conditions than I have....

I know how it really went down.... I know what the safety factors were.... I DO NOT take risks with others lives. My GF was well aware of what was going on.

I'm a fixed wing pilot of many years and recently a helicopter pilot and am aware of risk management.... I take risks everyday in the air. The key is to minimize those risks to an acceptable level. All those of you who are slamming me weren't there were you?! You do not know the details... get off your high horse or don't say $hit at all. I simply posted the pic because it was interesting.

Anyone else wanna join in on the slamm session?

DJV
Old 10-15-2002, 06:14 AM
barnicleboy
Banned

Ill join in, I think you posted this to be a cool showoff, yet you Call raceboy the same things you are..

You overestimate the risks, you think your risks are minimized somehow, let me explain, yoru doing 152 on a public road, not a racetrack which is maintained at a granular level. There are pot holes on the roads, there are animals that can jump out, there could be oil slicks, nails, mufflers, pipes, rocls etc. You think you can calculate how to manouver away from these obstacles, at 152 mph, on a 2 lane public road? Are you familiar with the dynamics of the vehicle at that speed? If you were to twitch the steering wheel you would loose yuour grip. Oh but your cool you beat the odds. With your Girlfriend too.

Did you ever see the website called Darwin Awards. Check it ouyt, you will probably make the headline someday. Too bad your girlffriend is stupid ienough to be impressed by her big bad boyfriend doing obscene speeds in his hot car. Wow she really got a good catch there didnt she?
Old 10-15-2002, 06:19 AM
N74DV

barnicleboy.... youre 100% right about the road conditions. but you still don't understand.... the only persons at risk were me and my GF. If we wanna kill ourselves ..... let us OK?

As for big bad *** show off.... uhhh what?! what am I showing off... this car is bone stock.... everyones can do it.... The fact is the pic is interesting..... people seem to wanna see it.

Next?!

DJV
Old 10-15-2002, 06:41 AM
vin1024

I can't believe how judgemental people on this board are. That is the TRUE indicator of immaturity. You think you are going to change someone's behavior by flaming them? Not likely. True, driving 150 is very risky -- but the risk is somewhat less on these desert roads (to other drivers).

At least he didn't take the picture himself.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:28 AM
lentronic

Default what light kit for floor?

what light kit are u using for the floor? I'd like it in orange...
Old 10-15-2002, 07:38 AM
lentronic

Thumbs up n7 its cool

n7 it's cool w/h me... some just like to put themselves on a pedestal and talk at you not to you..I'd love to ride next to you in the left hand lane at that speed! I'd love some info on the light kit(s).. lentronic@msn.com
Attached Images  
Old 10-15-2002, 08:05 AM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by N74DV
barnicleboy.... youre 100% right about the road conditions. but you still don't understand.... the only persons at risk were me and my GF. If we wanna kill ourselves ..... let us OK?

DJV

I have no problem if you and your girlfriend want to kill yourselves....you've already proven that the world would be safer place without you. Go for it.
Old 10-15-2002, 09:42 AM
raymanZ
Site Sponsor

Default everybody calm down

COmon guys,

Everyone needs to CALM DOWN. I think the pics were nice and even put one up as my background (thanks).

You cannot judge someone for going that speed unless you know them. In fact, I'm of the belief that you cannot judge anything about anyone unless you know them.

For all I know, the road that was used to go 150+ MPH on was deserted, no danger to others, and in the middle of a damn desert. And for all I know, that road was very familiar to the person who went on it. SO I have no problem.
Some stretches of desert can have visibility of at least a couple of miles ahead of you,, so thats fine with me.

I would have taken SERIOUS issue if there was anything resembling any other human activity around that road. But I dont see that so therefore I have no issue. Nice pics, ,, I like them alot.

RaymanZ

Lets be nice guys....
Old 10-15-2002, 09:44 AM
tbcz

Ahhh...feel the love.

This thread is one more childish post away from being closed. I would (for the millionth time) remind people to not insult other members. Disagree, point out why you feel it isn't safe to do this, but leave the name calling out.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:06 AM
ChicagoEZ

Default RACE BOY

With the way you talk you make it sound like you know what the princeples of speed are, Its more than just physical control and what you think you know of racing wich i guess is very little, anyway the way you put somebody else down for enjoying his car in the middle of the freakin deert, is beyond ******** if his Girlfreind was objecting im sure he would not have gone that fast. YOU through out all the "technicalities" of why this and why that and associate it with imaturtity, you could not be further from the truth. ITS SIMPLE VERY SIMPLE ITS CALLED UNION, or in the zone truly completely in the ZONE being one with whatever machine your on anticipation that far exceeds anything you have ever thought youve known. Being connected directly to the car, bike or what ever is truly a very powerful experience. The reason it is so POWERFUL is because it is the fact that only you quick thinking and anticipation and gut insticnts allowed you to make it tthrough alive. Ive been there and ive done it, if i ever feel up to it again i dare you to try and keep up, more than likely youll never get close enough to read my plate. SO save all of us your Parental tone and shut the,,, you get the idea!
Old 10-15-2002, 10:47 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For fun, I'll weigh in and say that I believe the pic is fabricated.

If you managed to pull off hitting 150+ safely, more power to you. But IMHO, the photo is too clearly focused and well centered to be real. I don't care how rock steady the car is, there is still some vibration at that speed. Also, as others pointed out, the angle is perfect

BTW, how hard is it to digitally retouch photos while flying a plane or helicopter? ... since you claim to do both on a daily basis.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:56 AM
N74DV

the photo was taken with a Nikon 995.

If you knew a bit about photography you'd see that the flash was used due to the shadow cast by the steering wheel.

When a flash is used the shutter speed is relatively high so as not to over expose the image. With a high shutter speed vibes don't matter. Flash photography essentially stops time.

As for flying and digital art..... I'm a licensed pilot with my own plane. I live less than 1 mile from the airport and try to fly my plane at least 5 times a week... usually in the morning before I begin my work day at the studio as a digital artist.

how's that??

Some of you just try to find anything you can to make me look bad.... WHY?

Don't believe I'm a pilot AND a digital effects artist?

see my business site AND my personal site....

have at it...

www.raptoronline.com
www.imagedv.com

any other takers wish to attempt to rip me up??

DJV

ps... mcduck... wassup with your vin # in your sig?? big deal...

Last edited by N74DV; 10-15-2002 at 11:10 AM.

Quick Reply: my 350Z @ 150mph - Phx to Vegas - pictures