Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

my 350Z @ 150mph - Phx to Vegas - pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 11:19 AM
InternetABYSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok...guys....you can kill yourself and others at 30mph.....There are ALOT MORE dealths caused by drinking and driving than doing this.

And if your willing to admit it or not 95% of you have driving after drinking 2 beers in a row which is legaly drunk. OR have ridin with someone who has.

Save the preaching for church. I'm sure if I knew each and everyone of you I could point out something about you that you have done in the past that the public wouldn't approve.

The real question is.....Does putting a hazardous to your health label on a pack of smokes cause smokers to quit???

NO.....so why even state the obivious.

ALSO!!! Let's face it guys this isnt www.myminivan.com

All of you guys LOVE THE 350Z and got the need for speed. Some might have gotten it out of their system at a young age just to get older and have some kids. Now you preach to your kids and others like you used to be preached to.

I'm not defending speeding at 150mph.....BUT I am defending the fact that every person at one time or another has done something risky and dangerous.....If you say not me....you are lying to yourself......Every time you do little things like talk on a cellphone, drink hot coffee, long drives little sleep, (WHILE DRIVING) ....ETC You are risking others lives.

Lets keep this fun...and keep your passionate opinions alittle on the friendly side....No fighting and flaming please

Last edited by InternetABYSS; 10-15-2002 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-15-2002, 11:20 AM
mcduck

actually, I do know a bit about photography. Don't make assumptions about people you don't know... I believe that is a point you were trying to make earlier in this thread. I happen to use a Nikon 995 for work (ironic coincidence, but true) and happen to have a close friend who is a professional photographer.

The comment about the flash and shadow is irrelevant to the possibility of photoshopping an image since those elements can be left alone or retouched as well. Hell, I can make the Pope look like Hitler using photoshop... and put him on a beach in Tahiti to boot!

For the record, the crack at flying and digital re-touching was meant to be a joke. I didn't doubt that you could do both... it was the fact that you used both in separate messages to build your credibility that made things shaky. If you would have just posted your website links to start with...

In any case, since your company does multimedia, I'm sure you will risk life and limb (and that of others, no doubt) to capture a video at 150mph at some point to prolong your 15 minutes of fame. When that time comes, you will probably obtain more believers with it than with a simple still photo.

Me, I'm skeptical, but if you did it.. congrats... continue to be careful in your speed demon endeavors

BTW, you may want to stay away from NC. Contrary to what you believe, a photo is admissable as evidence for a ticket. Every seen redlight photo ticket? Or driven the M5 in London? You're testimony here and the photo is all that is needed for major fines or worse, loss of license!
Old 10-15-2002, 11:24 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by N74DV
Raceboy..... good thing we have guys like you around to judge us and let us know when we f#ck up.

Thanks for the hot tip. I'll make sure I modify my behavior and do my best to please you.... cause we all know that your 15 years of racing experience makes you the authority on anything with 4 wheels.

Youre just too damn cool bro!

if you'd have read the post closer you'd see that I said no one was on the road when I did the run...... nope... you were too quick to actually read anything... you decided to get busy and whip out some "I'm way better than you"

I don't tell you what you should do with your Z. Whatever you choose to do with your $37K car is up to you... and what I chose to do is up to me. Got it?

To each his own...

DJV
Agreed that you have the choice to do what you will with your car, but remember that you will also incur the consequences if you injure yourself or others with said free will.
Old 10-15-2002, 11:26 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by InternetABYSS
ok...guys....you can kill yourself and others at 30mph.....There are ALOT MORE dealths caused by drinking and driving than doing this.

And if your willing to admit it or not 95% of you have driving after drinking 2 beers in a row which is legaly drunk. OR have ridin with someone who has.

Save the preaching for church. I'm sure if I knew each and everyone of you I could point out something about you that you have done in the past that the public wouldn't approve.

The real question is.....Does putting a hazardous to your health label on a pack of smokes cause smokers to quit???

NO.....so why even state the obivious.

ALSO!!! Let's face it guys this isnt www.myminivan.com

All of you guys LOVE THE 350Z and got the need for speed. Some might have gotten it out of their system at a young age just to get older and have some kids. Now you preach to your kids and others like you used to be preached to.

I'm not defending speeding at 150mph.....BUT I am defending the fact that every person at one time or another has done something risky and dangerous.....If you say not me....you are lying to yourself......Every time you do little things like talk on a cellphone, drink hot coffee, long drives little sleep, (WHILE DRIVING) ....ETC You are risking others lives.

Lets keep this fun...and keep your passionate opinions alittle on the friendly side....No fighting and flaming please
I do agree with you on most of your sentiments, Abyss, but why should we encourage that kind of risk-taking?
Old 10-15-2002, 11:31 AM
InternetABYSS

I say again.....I think N74DV feels like you guys are ganging up on him....Please stop...keep things civil.

N74DV....I understand you defending yourself, but you know what happened and you seem very successful...BUT this is the USA...Split parties and you should know this since you seem intelligent.

Some think its cool and exciting, and some think its stupid and morally wrong. You will never win a debate so why try.
Old 10-15-2002, 11:38 AM
InternetABYSS

WASHuJON

I never said you had to encourage it...or post something like...hey man lets all get on the highway and top out or Z's

My parents used to tell me this...if a friend told you to jump off a bridge would you. Finally I said to my mom...Well if I was in a "screw it mood" maybe I would.

Everyone knows what is right and wrong....just sometimes we decide to pick the wrong one and brag about it just to think later...."Gosh that was stupid of me"

Live and Learn but I just hope someone doesn't make a mistake that they can't live with.

MAN....NOW IM PREACHING....This thread is getting to me now....

Cya----im going to the time out room...hee hee

Last edited by InternetABYSS; 10-15-2002 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-15-2002, 11:41 AM
N74DV

yup..... I know... I'm gettin tired of trying to make everyone happy.....

I'm done with this thread..... to make it easy for all... if it makes any of you feel better I'll tell you the photo was a doctored fake.... everyone in thier soccermom family haulers was safe on that road.

for those that dig it..... who knows maybe the Z really did go that fast

If any of you want to try to drive 150+ just be safe.... it's just that simple.

I vote for this thread being dropped.... it's causing hard feelings among members and I did not want that when I first posted.

:-) VBG

DJV

Last edited by N74DV; 10-15-2002 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-15-2002, 01:37 PM
350zSpeedRacer

I personally don't see anything wrong with going fast on an EMPTY road, as long as you know the road, where the curves are, etc. Even if the pics aren't 100% real, they still look pretty cool, so thanks for posting them N7.

I don't think it's fair to judge a person or their actions unless you personally know them or they actually caused harm to someone else. I seriuosly doubt that ANYONE here can say they've NEVER done something stupid in their life with a car. Hell, I'll be the first to admit that I've done some pretty dumb sh#t drving, but I learn from it and try not to repeat my mistakes. Life is a learning process, and it's not all about being right all the time. So chill out, be nice, and have fun.
Old 10-15-2002, 03:14 PM
Todd

I just wonder how long it's going to be before someone on here kills themselves while doing this sort of thing in their Z....
Old 10-15-2002, 03:35 PM
Want-a-Z

You guys sound like my mother. (By the way, I'm 34 years old.)

1. The pic is real. What's so hard to believe? It's a Z!
2. Are you guys seriously NEVER going to push the car to see
what it can do? (Not even once?) Buy a Camry.
3. This guy lives in AZ. Have you ever been there? There are
roads there where you can drive for an hour without seeing
any one else on the road.

Calm down.
Old 10-15-2002, 04:14 PM
importriders

Come on DJ. You had to see this coming a mile away.
Old 10-15-2002, 04:35 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Default Re: everybody calm down

Originally posted by raymanZ
COmon guys,

You cannot judge someone for going that speed unless you know them. In fact, I'm of the belief that you cannot judge anything about anyone unless you know them.
Good grief, that is a strange statement. I really didn't think I wanted to post to this thread, because we've probably all done something stupid and dangerous in our lives at one point or another.

On the other hand, moral relativism and trying to sound holier than thou by not wanting to judge people doing something blatently wrong is just not something I'm even close to believing.

Since you don't know the sniper killing people around DC, I'm assuming you believe you can't judge the murderer, since you don't know him?

Sorry, don't buy that line of thinking. I've given an extreme case above, but some things are just obviously wrong or reckless by their very nature, and should be judged as such.
Old 10-15-2002, 04:45 PM
JAG

Well, I'm glad you posted the pic, and think it's real I mean, hey, not my car, so I'm not worried. I do infact like to see that picture... I always like to see shots of the gauges when some gets there car almost topped out. I'm too scared to do it myself, so whynot see a pic of someone else doing it
Old 10-15-2002, 04:57 PM
barnicleboy
Banned

the photo was taken with a Nikon 995.

Some of you just try to find anything you can to make me look bad.... WHY?

Don't believe I'm a pilot AND a digital effects artist?

see my business site AND my personal site....

any other takers wish to attempt to rip me up??

Who do you think you are that you just come on into this board with your pompous egotistical attitude? your just a regular Joe like everyone else. Cut the condescending attitude and go back under that rock you crawled out of in arizona. You keep going around like that, one day, you will learn a lesson.
Old 10-15-2002, 05:01 PM
barnicleboy
Banned

Originally posted by InternetABYSS
I say again.....I think N74DV feels like you guys are ganging up on him....Please stop...keep things civil.

N74DV....I understand you defending yourself, but you know what happened and you seem very successful...BUT this is the USA...Split parties and you should know this since you seem intelligent.

Some think its cool and exciting, and some think its stupid and morally wrong. You will never win a debate so why try.
this is why we have the board, to argue, debate, fight, talk crap, entertain ourselves etc.

You **** moderators should stop playing kindergarten teacher. Were all big boys and if someone says a bad comment or a bad word, you know what, my feeligns arent hurt, its just a fukin message board!
Old 10-15-2002, 05:04 PM
Intrepid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: my 350Z @ 150mph - Phx to Vegas - pictures

There's a 50 mile stretch between Kingman, AZ and the Hoover Dam that is straight and open... as far as the eye can see. You can see a cop coming for miles. I decided to open up the Z and see what she had.
What don't you guys understand? The road was clear for miles in the middle of the damn desert. It was their choice and absolutely no one else was put at risk. Get a grip people!

Nice photo.