Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

New tires from Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004 | 07:47 AM
Big Sexz

Talking New tires from Nissan

So I went to the dealership on Friday and they were kind enough to replace my front tires for me FOC! Of course that is nothing new, but what was nice is the fact that my exhaust sounds sooo much better now because I can here it. Before all I heard was the tire roar!
Old 07-26-2004 | 08:46 AM
Carolinafan

Dick Smith Nissan?? They replaced mine FOC of charge as well. I just went in to have them check for feathering and they replaced them with no hassle at all. And yes, no tire roar is a wonderful thing.

Old 07-26-2004 | 09:57 AM
SSZVirginia

I paid $160 to have mine replaced due to the mileage (23,500).
Old 07-26-2004 | 10:19 AM
Leh GSC

i noticed the bad tire noise of a 350z yesterdaqy, the EVO 8 does it too.

what does FOC stand for
Old 07-26-2004 | 10:33 AM
SSZVirginia

Free of Charge?
Old 07-26-2004 | 02:35 PM
EL Diablo

I got 2 brand new front tires free and covered by the feathering TSB. Spent the entire day at the dealership but the problem is solved.

I only have 5000 miles on my Z
Old 07-27-2004 | 05:41 AM
FrankieZZ

Default New Thread Pattern

In England , they are reporting a new thread pattern on their replacement REO40s . What do you have on your replacements?

FrankieZZ
Old 07-27-2004 | 05:48 AM
Big Sexz

Originally posted by Carolinafan
Dick Smith Nissan?? They replaced mine FOC of charge as well. I just went in to have them check for feathering and they replaced them with no hassle at all. And yes, no tire roar is a wonderful thing.

Hi Carolinafan! Welcome to the boards!
It's always nice to meet new people that are local. What part of town do you live on? For the longest time I thought I was the only one. There are a few others in the area that are very cool. We should all hook up sometime and let that inner child come out and play....We just need a good lawyer in the group to help bail us out of any trouble and we would be set! Oh, congrats on the Z

Yep. I went to the one on W. Beltline since that is where I got the car. They are pretty good to me there. I really like my salesman and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone!

If your interested there is a little driving event/get together being held on Oct1-3. It's a return trip to www.tailofthedragon The last one was insane and this one should be even better with it being in full fall swing! PM me if you want any details.

FOC = Free Of Charge! Wgiglio please step up to receive your prize

I was driving in this AM with the windows down and was completly reminded why I bought this car...well at least one of the reasons!

FrankieZZ - Yes I got the newer design.

Last edited by Big Sexz; 07-27-2004 at 05:55 AM.
Old 07-27-2004 | 09:35 AM
DrVolkl

My car goes in Thursday morning for the recall...I hope they give me new tires...mine are sounding LOUD.

I went into a different dealership about 4 months ago with the TSB and they said "There's nothing wrong...blah blah". I hate nissan dealerships.
It's like a 70-30 chance you'll get a bad one before you find a good one.
Old 07-27-2004 | 03:37 PM
Carolinafan

Originally posted by Big Sexz
If your interested there is a little driving event/get together being held on Oct1-3. It's a return trip to www.tailofthedragon The last one was insane and this one should be even better with it being in full fall swing! PM me if you want any details.

Thanks for the invite and welcome to the boards Big Sexz. I will PM you soon to get more details about the event. I purchased my Z about 2 months ago from the St. Andrews store. This is actually my second 350Z, but that is a long story . I purchased my Z with ~18,600 miles on it and took it back a week later (to the W. Beltline location) with a copy of the tire feathering TSB and they took care of it without any hassle at all. The car wasn't bad as far as any tire roar, but I wanted to get it looked at before I hit 20k miles. I'm now at ~ 20,400 miles with no problems. I know it's early but hopefully they'll last a little while at least. Once these wear out, I'm going to be getting some Volk's and new rubber (unless I can find a really good set of track rims before then!) Oh, BTW, I live over in the Forest Lake area. I'll talk to you soon about the meet/event.

Take Care!
Todd
Old 07-27-2004 | 03:59 PM
Morris

CarolinaFan and Big Sexz,

You should come to the CarolinaZ Club Car Show on 8/14 @ Independence Nissan in Charlotte. See the thread in the South East Forum for details or pm me. We need more 350's in the show.
Old 07-27-2004 | 06:55 PM
Big Sexz

Originally posted by Morris
CarolinaFan and Big Sexz,

You should come to the CarolinaZ Club Car Show on 8/14 @ Independence Nissan in Charlotte. See the thread in the South East Forum for details or pm me. We need more 350's in the show.
blah blah blah.......come to my car show....... blah blah blah I KID!! I KID!!
HI MORRIS!!

How the he11 are you? I might be able to swing up there, but I'll have to check my CC schedule. Probably atleast part of the day. I think I'm closing. Anyway, if I can I'll be there but no promises.

Seriously, I was just kidding

Jeff
Old 07-28-2004 | 10:39 AM
z-extreme

I'm glad everyone else is getting there tires. My dealership has them on backorder. They just got 2 sets in this week and are having folks come in. Not my set. This has been since the beginning of July. I want ny tires!
Old 07-29-2004 | 04:35 AM
Big Sexz

Originally posted by z-extreme
I'm glad everyone else is getting there tires. My dealership has them on backorder. They just got 2 sets in this week and are having folks come in. Not my set. This has been since the beginning of July. I want ny tires!
Thats BS!! My dealer had to place an order as well, but said that he had to order them with the VIN. That way they were secured as mine. I would be making a scene by now because that really is BS. Call a local tire store and see if they have them. If so tell your dealer that you have saved him some time and leg work in finding the tires and you want this done with in the week.....that and if they value there service quality score. Beleive it or not they do look at that stuff as well. Why else would they call you to find out what happened when you rake them over the coals?