Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

got a email back from ZISME

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002 | 03:14 AM
InternetABYSS

Default got a email back from ZISME

First i sent two different emails...by the way we have been emailing off line for awhile so ....please dont start sending Rob AKA ZISME email.....I don't want to get blamed for others bugging him....like in the past with other sources on that OTHER site (wink wink)

----------First i sent this email----------------------

Im trying to save up $25,000 before i get the car for a down payment ...Im a kind of person who wants to pay cash...but i'm just trying to get a ballpark figure....June production would mean to me -aug 31 and July production would mean Sept 31.
Just trying to see if i should hold off on a major purchase because it comes in aug31 or buy it now because its coming sept31.

Thanks you for your time.

his reply

I'll try to give you the month it's being produced and a guesstimate of what
that means for delivery but, you will have to take it with a grain of salt
until vehicle serializes and is scheduled to leave Japan.

---------Second email----------------

are these correct can you confirm or deny this?

>>>>This is a quote from the web site<<<<<

Horsepower is listed at 287 @ 6200 RPM
Torque is listed at 274 @ 4800 RPM
Weight is listed at 3188 lbs
There is a 53/47 weight distribution.
The compression ratio is 10.3:1
The bore X stroke is 95.5mm X 81.4

The 0-60 has been tested and confirmed at 5.5 seconds.

--------ZISME's REPLY--------------

Your vehicle is scheduled for July production, which should be delivered in Sept. As you know, very few units are being built in the month of June, so you shouldn't worry much about not being in the June production month.

Hope you have fun next week with the Z.

WTF?????? I mean thats good to know he sent me that info, IM VERY HAPPY he did that BUT.......

I guess he chooses to be silent ...AND...ZISME always corrects me where he can....and he chooses to be silent on this matter...hmmm

SO I SAY GOOD JOB JMANZ!!!!for gettingt that info!!! Silence is guilt to me.....Just so you all know ZISME with out a doubt knows that these numbers are posted......and chooses not to deny it.
Old 06-12-2002 | 03:31 AM
tbcz

I don't know abyss...I don't think he was really telling you anything specific or earth-shattering as far as the production and delivery. But the other question I think would be a lot harder for him to respond to if he didn't want to give away too much. I would tend to agree that his silence is almost proof...but I could also see him clamming up on that one.
Old 06-12-2002 | 03:32 AM
Danimsta

ok thsi july 3rd thing is kinda gettin on my nerves...
i have heard that only people who preordered will get some special "package" and then some people are saying a commercial will be coming also... so which is it? hmmm..
Old 06-12-2002 | 03:41 AM
tbcz

Originally posted by exsilio
tbcz,

A fair point, however, ZISME did speak up when someone said the car was 295hp and did the 0-60 in 5.8. He said that was wrong. So in that case he did speak up...so why not in this case too?

Damn that Nissan...they are diabolical!!!
I agree ex...like I said I take his silence as "almost" proof. I know he has been very good at shooting down false info before, without really offering the "real" facts. Don't get me wrong...I'm not in the "300 HP or bust" camp...I'm happy as a pig in slop over everything I've heard so far.
Old 06-12-2002 | 04:26 AM
redlinez

Didn't ZISME say pre-orderers might get the Specs before the July 3rd embargo in a special way and tells you to have fun with the Z next week, what does that mean? .............Just curious.
Old 06-12-2002 | 05:34 AM
zvid

re horsepower..... has anyone seen this article? I took this url from zcar.com ...... http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/

It shows HP as 286?

Do a search for 350z and bring up the article about the z being cheaper than the audit tt
Old 06-12-2002 | 07:02 AM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

Don't bother to go through all the rigamarole to sign up. No real information there and a whole flock of annoying pop up ads. The article was written last September. It talks about a supercharged version at 335bhp, the 350Z at 286bhp and a tamer version called the 300.
Old 06-12-2002 | 07:13 AM
3rdpower

Default I've said it before...

And I'll say it time and time again... 287 is that magical Japanese marketing number. I'm in total line with Jmanz... once it is really Dynoed real light will be shed and the hp and 1/4 mile angels will fly down from the sky... a brilliant light will shine and there in my garage will be my Z. I will drool on it and puddles will form at the tires...

Okay... I have been waiting entirely too long for this dang car... more then a year on a waiting list... travel to Japan to see the production... travel to Vancouver to see the concept. Not too much longer now.

From the reviews I have read I could almost give a care less if it goes o to 60 in 5.5 or 5.2, I will not be disappointed.
Old 06-12-2002 | 07:20 AM
InternetABYSS

Default what have fun with the Z nex t week means

the 350 will be at the texas motor speedway in dallas...I was sent a invitation by johnny the exc assitant to Mr.K she did it personally which I though was very cool....and i'll get another experience like i did in march with pics and sitting in the Z....but this time it will be the production model.....i'll be there this sunday at 6 am....i'll be posting pics...and hopefully wave files....maybe video too.....just depends on my tech know how.

That is all......happy ZZZZZing

By the way I'm SINGLE again after 5 years the obsessive computer use and overall Z crazyness got my 5 yr relationship to go bye bye some CHICKS just don't understand.....its cool I didnt get married i lost a $7k ring though........no kids thank god....BUT the cool thing is that the Z will be here soon and i'll definitly marry it. Its faithful...even better than a dog.
Old 06-12-2002 | 08:09 AM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Default Re: what have fun with the Z nex t week means

Originally posted by InternetABYSS
the 350 will be at the texas motor speedway in dallas...I was sent a invitation by johnny the exc assitant to Mr.K she did it personally which I though was very cool....and i'll get another experience like i did in march with pics and sitting in the Z....but this time it will be the production model.....i'll be there this sunday at 6 am....i'll be posting pics...and hopefully wave files....maybe video too.....just depends on my tech know how.

That is all......happy ZZZZZing

By the way I'm SINGLE again after 5 years the obsessive computer use and overall Z crazyness got my 5 yr relationship to go bye bye some CHICKS just don't understand.....its cool I didnt get married i lost a $7k ring though........no kids thank god....BUT the cool thing is that the Z will be here soon and i'll definitly marry it. Its faithful...even better than a dog.
Sorry that you lost your 5 year relationship gal, can't say you'll be single for long. If she doesn't have your passion for cars..it probably wouldn't have worked out anyway...those kind of non-car nut people don't park selectively and don't treat cars like they should be treated. She should have known how much this meant to you and joined in or cut you some slack. I swear, my fiance and I got togther originally because of our pasion for sports cars...he has moved on to luxary sedan coupes Lexus) and I am passionate about my new Z that should be here in august. Hang in there, someone always comes along when you are not looking...and you know some nice ladies will be checking out your fine new set of wheels, when you get it in september, Good luck
Old 06-12-2002 | 08:18 AM
InternetABYSS

Default THANKS marczzz.....yo..... Vqracer its free

it doesn't cost anything its free, it is in the parking lot not inside the track......so I look forward to seeing others there.....I also sold my BMW finally i got my $3000 eagle talon to hold me off till I get my Z....so now im really going crazy for my new Z...driving a crappy car and losing my girlfriend....The new Z will be a god sent...LOL Well its 3 months to go till I get it...my luck is going downhill.....will I live long enough is the question......GEEEzzzz
Old 06-12-2002 | 03:40 PM
jgrier

Why do chic's want to keep the damn ring? It represents a relationship gone bad. Seems selfish. To hell with it, that is
the past and the future holds a Z for you my friend
Go Dawg! and get some damn strange while your at it!
Attached Thumbnails got a email back from ZISME-clint-z.jpg  
Old 06-12-2002 | 06:21 PM
Jill

Originally posted by jgrier
Why do chic's want to keep the damn ring? It represents a relationship gone bad. Seems selfish. To hell with it, that is
the past and the future holds a Z for you my friend
Go Dawg! and get some damn strange while your at it!
"chicks" want to keep the ring cuz girls are emotional like that. Plus, it's always a nice show-piece. Lots of girls are selfish (but not all)...

InternetAbyss-
Good luck with things. Don't be down on life - things will be completely different with the Z You don't need to find a girl that LOVES cars and computers, but at least find a girl that will PUT UP with your obsession(s).

If this helps, my ex and I broke up because he was somewhat jealous that I am getting a Z. He's 28 and drives an 02 eclipse gt - he would LOVE a z or an m roadster, but he can't afford it. Successful women, as I've said before, bother men...for some reason, i have no idea. But hey, if they can't deal with it, then good thing ya find out early, right? Good luck with things!
Old 06-12-2002 | 06:25 PM
jgrier

Successful women would not bother me, bring it on. Maybe he
felt threatened by you? Are you intimidating? lol. The "Z" will
make everything better. Damn I'm tired of waiting.......
Attached Thumbnails got a email back from ZISME-clint-z.jpg  

Quick Reply: got a email back from ZISME