Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Chrome paint on tri guage bezel comming off

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004 | 05:09 AM
DIO
Banned

Default Chrome paint on tri guage bezel comming off

I have just noticed that on one of the 3 guage bezels on top center dash has the chrome paint comming off. I thought at first that it was a little dirt so I wiped it off with my finger, and discovered that it was the chrome/silver trim paint comming off!!! Now, its not an earth shattering problem. I'll just go get one of those felt tipped chrome ink pens to touch it up.

The only thing I can think of is that it may be the copious amount of Armor All I use on the dash may me chemically breaking down the paint.

I was curious to see if this has happened to anyone else...
Old 07-28-2004 | 07:24 AM
thaibox

If I were you, I would go to the dealer and complain. I would not tell him about using armoral. There is a chance your waranty might cover the paint issuues with your gauges. With the payments your making on that car, you deserve high quality. I would like to share one of my experiences. I purchased a nissan car cover for my Liquid aluminum 350Z. I had the car covered in the garage with no sun on the car. I went on vacation for a month. When I returned, the part of the cover with clear plastic to display my rear license plate was up against the paint and left some kind of stain. It looks like it damaged the clear coat. What are the odds of that. It doe's not seem possible but it happend.
So I went right to Nissan's website and got the customer service phone number 800-647-7261. They agreed that I did have an issue worth their attention and filed a report and gave me a case number to present to the service manager at my local nissan.
All Im trying to say to you is that you should not have to look at damage on your guages caused by a little TLC. Your car is protected under waranty. Too many people forget to cash in on this. I have had cars repainted and have had very expensive parts replaced by not scamming, but just going to dealer and telling them " Hey look at this.. Do you think think a car this new should have the flakes chipping of my guages every time I go to wipe them down? Again...Don't mention the armorall... you only use a mildly damp cloth to wipe.
I hope this helps, Enjoy your ride.
Old 07-28-2004 | 07:39 AM
DIO
Banned

Thanks!

I think I'll give it a shot.