Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Well got off the phone with Nissan Engineer (coolinfo)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 08:36 AM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The Dyno data was in Volume 5 issue 1 Winter 2005. Page 53 Sport Z Magazine. Also an interresting article about the Performance Nissan Racing Team. Make alot of good comments about the stock fuel supply limiting to 300HP. Page 38.

Hope this helps.

Still a stock G35 made 259hp and 254tq.

The best HP and TQ was a 03 g35 sedan with Power Enterprises twin-turbo's, LaBree Resonated test pipes, Stillen Cat-back, NGK Iridium spark plugs 1 step cooler, 3 wire grounding kit, stock ecu program. This ride made 351 hp and 350tq. As for NOS a 03.5 g35coupe 6MT with an Injen CAI and Custom flowmaster exhaust made 240hp and 241 tq. With a 100-Shot wet NOS and 2 step colder spark plugs it made 302hp and 343tq.

All the dyno results were with a dynapack dyno. Only thing I could think of with regard to the CAI cars is that there was no real air blowing into the intake. Dynapack dyno's usually show a 10-15hp higher than a roller type dyno since the dynapack eliminates the drive wheels.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:48 AM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thank you Netko!
Old 01-18-2005, 10:31 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read this thread before, but reading it again explains the weird issues my car is having with all my mods.

Someone needs to start messing around with the sensors and get this crap figured out and offer a solution along with ECU programming (TS and AAM or whoever) to work with it.

Also about the nismo supercharger, I might end up eating my words someday, but I read in a recent magazine how Carlos Ghosen was saying he's a huge car fan, but not a fanatic. Meaning he'll never make a decision on a car if it doesn't make sense for profits.

Adding a supercharger doesn't make a lot of sense in that regard with warrenty etc. A bigger engine maybe. Though with big power being the IN thing now, who knows...
Old 06-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Wotnot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have to agree with an earlier post on page 9

IF the ECU really negates all gains from bolt ons....someone explain to me why NISMO sells headers, exhuast and intakes then.

Also, there are literally hundreds of posts from guys here who have installed such mods with before and after dynos and results were documented .

We have also seen exhaust shootouts with documented gains as well. Surely all of this suggests that gains are possible from bolt ons, albeit small compared to FI.

Some of us here won't ever go to FI. I would be happy if I could get my car just a few ponies/ft more than 287.

I guess sone long term dynos a few months after the initial dynos to verify the gains are intact would help, but I have also called several of the sponsors that sell bolt ons and many of them own these cars and swear the gains are real and sticky.

At this point, I would like to consider some sort of exhaust combo, but I really don't know whether to go headers and cat back or hi flow cats and Y pipe.

Anyone care to comment?
Old 06-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Speedracer

Originally Posted by Wotnot
IF the ECU really negates all gains from bolt ons....someone explain to me why NISMO sells headers, exhuast and intakes then.

Also, there are literally hundreds of posts from guys here who have installed such mods with before and after dynos and results were documented .

We have also seen exhaust shootouts with documented gains as well. Surely all of this suggests that gains are possible from bolt ons, albeit small compared to FI.

Some of us here won't ever go to FI. I would be happy if I could get my car just a few ponies/ft more than 287.

I guess sone long term dynos a few months after the initial dynos to verify the gains are intact would help, but I have also called several of the sponsors that sell bolt ons and many of them own these cars and swear the gains are real and sticky.

At this point, I would like to consider some sort of exhaust combo, but I really don't know whether to go headers and cat back or hi flow cats and Y pipe.

Anyone care to comment?
The ECU doesn't negate the gains from all mods. It will only limit those gains when the added power is linked to some control parameter exceeding the programmed spec range. The key word here is RANGE. Of primary inportance is the air:fuel ratio and MAF. Some bolt-ons will rapidly max out these sensors and thus your hp gains will be limited, but they will certainly still be there. The only real issue is that the hp per dollar spent is exceedingly low compared to FI. Intake, plenum, cats, headers, cat-back will get you about 20hp total for about $4000 for parts and install.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:12 PM
HighwaySpeed

Ask Him When The Front Suspension Problem[s] Will Be 100% Fixed!
Old 06-29-2005, 08:27 AM
TK2005

bump needed
Old 06-29-2005, 08:47 AM
King56

Damn, talk about an old thread...
Old 06-29-2005, 09:10 AM
kpiskin

Lightweight pulleys won't have any effect on the ECU and don't actually increase engine horsepower, but reduces power loss from the engine to the wheels. This is fairly inexpensive, so why don't more people do this as a first mod over intake/exhaust mods?
Old 06-29-2005, 10:45 AM
Kolia

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kpiskin
Lightweight pulleys won't have any effect on the ECU and don't actually increase engine horsepower, but reduces power loss from the engine to the wheels. This is fairly inexpensive, so why don't more people do this as a first mod over intake/exhaust mods?
Because it has an adverse effect on driveability. Engine might become a bit annoying has it revs and slows down faster. Personally, I don’t mind.

More importantly, the pulley often acts as a harmonic damper. Changing its properties will/might/does (depending on who you talk to) induce unwanted resonance in the crankshaft. It’s a known issue with BMW engines (inline 6 = long shafts). They sometimes blowup because of that…

The performance benefit to $ spent is marginal.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Vertex350

Wow this thread is ancient but not extinct.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:18 PM
DocCNader

So has the TechnoSquare ECU reprograming solved this problem with the ECU? If i get the Technosquare program will my other mods have full gains?

Thanks,
Charles
Old 07-04-2005, 03:58 PM
DocCNader

All I need is a yes or no...
Thanks
Old 07-04-2005, 07:26 PM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, I believe they can reflash to what mods you have done on a dyno or you can get one of the general flashes that rasies the rev limit, re-maps the air/fuel, and eliminates the speed limiter.