Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Ztour in Phoenix - Puddle of Mudd

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 01:01 PM
ariZona

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ztour in Phoenix - Puddle of Mudd

Just a heads up, for those who didn't already know. I got an email from Nissan last night, and it says that on Friday, October 18th at 12:00 pm (noon), Puddle of Mudd will be performing at the Collier Center parking lot on 1st Street, between Washington and Jefferson for our round of the Ztour. Its free, and I'll be driving up my Daytona Blue Touring 6MT 350Z from Sierra Vista to see em. Anyone else from the Arizona area plan on attending? Its kinda cool when you think about it - what other car launch has had this kind of promotion - free concerts and view cars with big name bands like No Doubt, Puddle of Mudd, and Stone Temple Pilots? Its kinda of a long drive, but it will be worth it... See ya there....

ariZona
Old 10-17-2002, 01:14 PM
ariZona

Oh, online it says the concert is at 2nd and Madison- dont know if that equates to the same place, but I'll use the Navigation System to get me close.....

ariZona
Old 10-17-2002, 01:37 PM
lhapp

I got the e-mail as well. I'm there too! Ordered a Daytona Enthusiast -- delivery in January so I'll be looking for you! Can't quite figure out where they are holding it as far as I know the Collier Center is a high rise with under ground parking garage? Rock On . . .
Old 10-18-2002, 12:53 PM
lhapp

hey AriZona --- saw your ride today at the Puddle of Mud concert. SWEEETTT! I have mine on order and had yet to see Daytona Blue in person. It was a fun concert too bad I had to get back to work!
Old 10-18-2002, 01:02 PM
Zchick

Hey Guys, I was there too!!! I got to sit in the Touring model with all the signatures on it!! Very cool!!! From what I gather, it will be going to the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame and have a permanent home there.

The guy, Michael, stated that his job was to drive it all over the US on the ZTour, what a kick-a$$ job!!

If anyone elase is interested, he told me that the next concert was in San Deigo on Tuesday.

Enjoy the Ride!
Christa "Zchick" Booth
Old 10-18-2002, 01:39 PM
lhapp

Cool

That's great you got to sit in it! It was an interesting mix of people: Z enthusiasts and office geeks on their lunch hour thinking "what the hell is that!" Fun to see people's expressions who had never seen the Z before. Now if only I could take Tuesday off. . . . . .
Old 10-18-2002, 02:58 PM
Nate

Hey all, it was cool to meet a few fellow Z fans in the area and see the Z in a few colors I had not seen it before (In person).
No LeMans though..... I guess I will have to wait a few more weeks until I get mine

Us AZers should definately meet up sometime.

Are all of you in the Desert Z Club?

Hey ZChick.... nice meeting you today.

Is there a web site for the Desert Z Club.

Later,
-Nate
Old 10-18-2002, 03:20 PM
Z_type

Yup,

http://www.desertzassociation.com/

This Saturday night desert z is getting together at the Pavilions Show in Scottsdale.. Any one going?

Here are the details....
http://www.desertzassociation.com/mi...avillions.html
Old 10-18-2002, 03:46 PM
Nate

Hey Gabe.... How ya been?
You must have 'er broken in by now! What is redline territory like ?

Not sure if I am going yet.

ZChick told me about a run to Torlilla Flats on the 26th.

Sounds like fun.... I might go if I dont go to this
http://www.nasaproracing.com/hpde/index.html
http://www.nasaproracing.com/arizona.html

Zya,
-Nate
Old 10-21-2002, 07:53 PM
ariZona

Default Good times.....

All-

Sorry I didn't meet any of you there. I was in and out of my car while I was there (it was the blue touring parked by the buses to the rear, parallel to the SS one signed by all the bands). I initially found a spot right up front and to the left of the stage on the little side street, and was putting some change in the parking meter when a lady stopped me, told me she was from Nissan, and let me park in a place where I was like likely to get it damaged. I met the Nissan guy taking all the photos of the cars and band, asked him if he was the one who took all the pictures for the Ztour site, and he offered to take my picture in my Z to put on the site. He took like 10 pictures, but when I checked today none was on there Oh well, you can still see me in some of the photos - I was right in front of the bassist, wearing blue jeans, a navy hat on backwards, and a blue and while polo shirt.

Anyway, I ended up getting two SHIFT_ hats from the Nissan lady, got the band to sign my CD and CD jacket, and got to put some more break in miles on my baby! I just wish I didn't live so far away - Sierra Vista is like 180 miles from Phoenix, and it is kind of a boring 2.5 hour drive, especially if people clog up the passing lane. Every now and then, when I get a chance, I will come to the Desert Z Club stuff. I do plan on being in Phoenix this weekend (the 26th and 27th) with some friends to golf and hang out, so let me know if you want to meet up or whatever. Later.

ariZona
Old 10-21-2002, 09:14 PM
N74DV

just a note to let you fellow AZ Z owners know that I'm here as well....

Daytona Blue Touring Auto

just ditched the stock 17's and bolted up a set of 19's.

live in Mesa and hang out mostly on the east side.
Attached Thumbnails Ztour in Phoenix - Puddle of Mudd-djv-350z.jpg