2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Police found pictures of Cassallas' blue 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 08:32 AM
oscarmayer00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Police found pictures of Cassallas' blue 350Z

South Brunswick girl, 13, lured on Internet with 350Z

On the computer, police found pictures of Mr. Cassallas' blue Nissan 350Z. Police said Mr. Cassallas had sent messages to the girl with pictures of his car so she would know how to identify him when they met.

Alleged hotel tryst leads to man's arrest.

A 27-year-old man was charged Saturday with sexually assaulting a 13-year-old South Brunswick girl he met two weeks ago in an Internet chat room, police said.

The Bergen County prosecutor is charging Jose Cassallas of West Paterson with second-degree sexual assault for allegedly having sex with the girl at the Airport Motel in South Hackensack in Bergen County, South Brunswick Police Detective James Ryan said.

Police charged Mr. Cassallas at 11:45 p.m. Saturday when he was pulled over on Route 1 near New Road in South Brunswick with the girl in the front passenger seat. Detective Ryan said Mr. Cassallas and the girl had met earlier that night on a street corner in South Brunswick, before driving up to South Hackensack. Detective Ryan would not name the street. The two had been corresponding via computer for two weeks, Detective Ryan said.

Mr. Cassallas is being held at the Bergen County Jail on $250,000 bail as of Wednesday. Detective Ryan said that, if convicted, Mr. Cassallas could face a sentence of between five and 10 years in prison.

Police said the girl was taken to the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick where she was treated for sexual assault and released.

Detective Ryan said Mr. Cassallas and the girl met in an AOL chat room two weeks ago. Mr. Cassallas pretended he was 21 and the girl pretended she was 15, Detective Ryan said.

Detective Ryan said Mr. Cassallas and the girl talked in the chat room and scheduled their first meeting Friday when the girl told her parents she was going to a movie. Instead, she went to dinner with Mr. Cassallas, Detective Ryan said, after which the man brought her home. Mr. Cassallas had arranged to pick her up on a street in South Brunswick, Detective Ryan said. Detective Ryan said Mr. Cassallas and the girl did not have sex when they first met.

Detective Ryan said Mr. Cassallas expressed an interest in meeting the girl again. She agreed and they met Saturday about 6:15 p.m. at the same street corner. The girl told her parents she was going for a jog, Detective Ryan said. When she had not returned by 7:45 p.m. her mother called police.

Detective Ryan said police questioned friends and family during the investigation, which led police to request permission from the girl's parents to search her computer.

On the computer, police found pictures of Mr. Cassallas' blue Nissan 350Z. Police said Mr. Cassallas had sent messages to the girl with pictures of his car so she would know how to identify him when they met.

Detective Ryan said a friend, who saw Mr. Cassallas' car, told police it had Florida license plates.

Police said that, at 11:45 p.m., one of the girl's relatives was driving on Route 1 and spotted Mr. Cassallas' car traveling south. Then police pulled over Mr. Cassallas, who was traveling with the girl, at the intersection of Route 1 and New Road. Police arrested Mr. Cassallas during the traffic stop and brought the girl to the hospital.

Detective Ryan said Mr. Cassallas may have been driving the girl home when police pulled him over.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...d=425716&rfi=6
Old 08-14-2004, 09:10 AM
R.J._Vancouver

If they were here in Canada, and he was lead to believe she was 15, and he was ANY age over that, he would`nt even have been arrested.
The age of consent in Canada, like a lot of European countries, is 14. Kinda scary.

Last edited by R.J._Vancouver; 08-14-2004 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:45 AM
myuran

16 in the uk!
Old 08-14-2004, 11:44 AM
ArthurKing

Dude, thats mad scary. Not just that the age is so low, in Canada and The UK, but that is right by me! Route 1 and the brunswicks are like 20 minutes from me.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Janus

Um, if she willingly got in the car with him repeatedly and repeatedly performed sexual acts with him and then WENT HOME, and then came back to him, how is it "Sexual Assault"

I can believe statutory rape... but assault?
Old 08-14-2004, 12:16 PM
Nforce1

Here in vegas... you have 4 years buffer..... In Cali, If your over 18 and ur parner is under 18... its illegal
Old 08-14-2004, 02:16 PM
04_CS_Z33

Originally posted by ArthurKing
Dude, thats mad scary. Not just that the age is so low, in Canada and The UK, but that is right by me! Route 1 and the brunswicks are like 20 minutes from me.
Yea I live really close to the Brunswicks too.
Old 08-14-2004, 04:59 PM
R.J._Vancouver

Originally posted by Nforce1
Here in vegas... you have 4 years buffer..... In Cali, If your over 18 and ur parner is under 18... its illegal
And here I thought in Vegas it was "Anything goes"

Janus does have a point. You see the way some 15, 16 year old girls behave and dress. If she went on her own accord and was a willing participant and lied about her age, makes you wonder. How is that assault? Not that I think its OK to have intimate contact with 15 year old though.

Last edited by R.J._Vancouver; 08-14-2004 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-14-2004, 06:26 PM
CelticPride2

This whole story just makes me sick....
Old 08-14-2004, 08:23 PM
roydiculous

That's the problem nowadays. I go to the bars and I can't tell if a girl is 21 or 12... and apparently the bouncers can't either.

But he DID think she was 15. What the hell is wrong with people? I wonder if he used the Z as an identifier b/c he though it could "pick up chicks"... haha.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:52 PM
phile

In this case "pick up fetuses"
Old 08-14-2004, 10:50 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dunno, i still think the gov't need to change their laws to where the person under age needs to actually press charges to convict someone. This is a situation where a girl wants to act older and attract an older guy who has it all together. Yeah it was a dumb decision on her part and even stupider decision on the guy's, but society is going to make the guy out to be the evil doer here even though she's just as much to blame. I suppose because she's under 18, she has no clue what she's doing and because someone is over 18, they're that much more enlightened about their own actions...

I suppose for this case, it all depends on how bad she was hurt - if at all. I mean, My girlfriend has a few times given me a whole bunch of bruises and hickies etc on my chest in just one session. Seriously, we'd even joke about how it looked like I just got the crap beat out of me. Girls do tend to bruise easier because their skin isn't as thick and well she's probably physically smaller than the guy. I'm sure just the guy being on top of her probably gave her some bruising. On another note, there's a lot of girls out there who like being choked, slapped, or even cut with a knife or scalpal (think vampires) durring sex. As if that'd hold up in court though given how society chooses to not believe it.

I've known at least 3 girls in real life who told me they were both raped and had their virginity taken when they were 13 or 14 by older guys. They all said it was done by a guy they were seeing who was way too old for them.

This whole thing is a shame and everything, but a 13 year old girl knows what she's doing when she gets herself in this sorta bad situation. Why else would she lie to her parents about where she was going? Like most people, she just couldn't imagine anything bad actually happening to her

either way the girl will be let off the hook, her family and friends will blame the guy for everything thus presuring her to think it's all his fault, and the guy will go do some hard time.

Last edited by sentry65; 08-14-2004 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:14 PM
Woodyear
Banned

Bull. That chicks a hoe, that dudes a perve and that's that. 15 year old and 21 year old isn't that much of a diff if the girl is mature. I mean back in the old days girls used to get married when they were like 11. When I was 13 I wasn't some idiot who didn't know what he was doing, she knew that dude wanted to hit it and she let him cause she wanted him to buy her ****. Stupid move on her behalf but this guy doesn't deserve time. Sending this cat to jail to be assraped and beaten every day is every bit as bad, probably a **** of a lot worse then this guy ****ing a 13 year old ***** in some crummy motel. In my opinion.
Old 08-15-2004, 12:06 AM
Z-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In their state, there is probably no law actually titled "Statutory Rape." The courts/law enforcement just assume that because the 'victim' is under the legal age of consent, that the crime is an 'assault' (harmful to another). The term "Statutory Rape" is a common law term and the laws of each state may be called by a differnet name.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:27 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

I know that the Z presents an easy way to get some a$$, but this simply wasn't the way to do it....
Old 08-15-2004, 06:48 AM
Happyending
Banned

I guess his attitude was
"if there's grass on the feild, lets play BALL"
Not for nothing but I blame the parenst partly for not monitoring their daughters internet activities..
Old 08-15-2004, 07:48 AM
r34 racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Damn, i live in east brunswick. Thats some pretty sick stuff.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:11 AM
R.J._Vancouver

Originally posted by Woodyear
Bull. That chicks a hoe, that dudes a perve and that's that. 15 year old and 21 year old isn't that much of a diff if the girl is mature. I mean back in the old days girls used to get married when they were like 11. When I was 13 I wasn't some idiot who didn't know what he was doing, she knew that dude wanted to hit it and she let him cause she wanted him to buy her ****. Stupid move on her behalf but this guy doesn't deserve time. Sending this cat to jail to be assraped and beaten every day is every bit as bad, probably a **** of a lot worse then this guy ****ing a 13 year old ***** in some crummy motel. In my opinion.
LOL Woodyear, you are the master of understatment.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:44 AM
LeanerJoe
Banned

I see no wrong doing.....Juliet was 13!?!?!
Old 08-16-2004, 09:22 AM
ZxRage

That is messed up! I work on Rte. 1 and this happened like 5 minutes from me. Who knows, I might have even seen this person driving at one time or another. Talk about disrespecting the 350Z...

Quick Reply: Police found pictures of Cassallas' blue 350Z