Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why Are You Selling Your 350?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 11:42 PM
3502GO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wanted different color! I couldn't imagine selling my Z and not purchasing another one. I can understand financial reasons, I seriously doubt anyone is selling because they don't like it, the Z is too fine of a machine!
Old 10-19-2002, 06:08 AM
DaChoZn1

**** happens. I ordered in January and finally received my car this month. Within that time frame, so many things have happened that almost jeapordized me getting my Z. One being my employer laying off workers. I survived 3 rounds but more are supposedly to come. I thought about cancelling my order just in case I'm layed off in the near furture. Also insurance was going to be a big factor. My insurance was not able to give me a quote until about a month before my car arrived. Luckily it was affordable. Me and my girlfriend had a scare that would have definately changed everything. Luckily it was a false alarm. My car note ended up being a little more that I calculated due to adding an extended warranty. So, now I need to manage my finances a little closer. I pray I never have to give up my Z. At the same time I kinda understand why some people have decided to give theirs up. I'm sure it was not an easy decision for them to make. But like I said...**** happens...a lot.
Old 10-19-2002, 06:11 AM
koolzero

Hey 350 thanks for letting me drive your fine fine 350Z. I am going insane waiting for mine. I talked to my dealer yesterday and he said my car is on a boat in the ocean still

You want to loan me one of yours until mine shows up

Kevin
Old 10-19-2002, 11:51 AM
AdamLotz (Z FIEND)

1) Wasn't fast enough
2) Wasn't impressed with the interior
3) Wasn't especially quiet on the highway for a new car
4) Felt small
5) Way too much plastic inside

6) It just wasn't a good successor to my 300ZXTT

I'm bummed, I wanted to want this car so badly. But today I told the dealer to keep it, and got my deposit back. The car is gorgeous on the outside, I just didn't feel like it had the performance or build quality I was looking for.
Old 10-19-2002, 12:26 PM
rai

technically I havent SOLD my 350Z, but I did back out after waiting for a long time.

1) I was getting tired of waiting and I still have no idea when my car is going to arrive. I haven't told my dealer yet because I'm not sure if I can transfer my car to a friend. Also I am curious about how much longer the wait would have been.

2) I got a S2000 in the same color for less money, I think the two cars are both great, so it's not like I dumped the Z for a hyundia or something.

3) I was a little worried about the first model year thing, and the orange peel paint, etc...

4) I have a good idea that the next model year 2004 or 2005 will bring some improvements to the Z. I know that the first 2 model years of the S2000 for example are not as good as the last two model years for a number of reasons.

5) The S2000 is going to be more rare in the long run. two years from now there will be twice as many Z around as there are S2000. That alone is not enough reason for me to dump the Z, but given a choice between two cars that to me are equally good, I would choose the one that is more rare.