Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

my car is cursed!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 05:05 PM
alawoowoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my car is cursed!!!!!

Man I should be pissed but I think I am stilled stunned. This morning, mother natures wrath was unleashed on my Lemans Z. Gumball size hail pounced my car for about 5 straight minutes. I quickly was reminded that my hood is in fact aluminum, it didn't hold up very well. The unfunny thing is that I just got my car back last week from the shop, from getting the rear quarter panel fixed from some assh*le that back into it about two weeks ago. The whole quarter panel and back panel had to be repainted.
Anyhow, I'm taking in on Monday and am curious if anyone knows if replacement panel are available, or if I am going to have to wait an eternity for parts. I know there might be one or two of you out there that might have been in the same situation with regard to body damage. I'm just very anxious to know how long I will be without.
Oh well, I gotta go. I'm gonna sit around a wait for more unfortunate shiaaat from happening to me. At least I had a beautiful car for about a month.
Old 10-18-2002, 05:20 PM
Enforcer

Sorry to hear that. But a good thing for us to know. Hope you get your baby fixed soon.

Enforcer
Old 10-18-2002, 05:25 PM
beast_bl
Banned

You have my sympathy. Does insurance cover something like that? Or is it considered an act of God? In which case he's a dick for wrecking your car.
Old 10-18-2002, 05:41 PM
MacGuru

Deepest sympathies. Best of luck. -m
Old 10-18-2002, 07:02 PM
Kurt

Originally posted by beast_bl
You have my sympathy. Does insurance cover something like that? Or is it considered an act of God? In which case he's a dick for wrecking your car.
I always wondered if I said "I'm an athiest and don't believe in God" whether they'd be obligated to pay.

Sorry about your car, man.
Old 10-18-2002, 07:37 PM
all_bark

I also am sorry about your car.

You and the guy who hit the load of concrete bricks have some bad luck/karma at the moment.

Keep your head up, you can get it fixed and still enjoy what this wonderful machine has to offer us all.

I LOVE THESE FREAKIN CARS!

I personally feel blessed to have gotten mine already!

good luck on the repairs.
Old 10-18-2002, 08:15 PM
alawoowoo

Thanks for all your support. I've come to the only place where people really understand what it feels like to have the Z bug. Anyways, the insurance is taking care of the damage, minus the deductible, again. On Monday, I'm gonna inquire on a process called PDR (paintless dent removal) which is supposed to massage out the dents if the paint finish is not cracked, or the use of heating the panels and using dry ice to pop out the small dents. If anyone has heard of either or can give me a heads up. For the mean time, I will be keeping my Z dirty, so I'ts harder to see all the minature craters.

And by the way, can anyone recommend a priest who can perform an exorcism on my Z.
Old 10-18-2002, 08:19 PM
drake3

Man, I am sorry about your misfortune. That is really bad. Reminds me of the times where I wash and wax my car all morning, feeling good driving it around and usually the biggest load of bird $hit hits me.

Anyway - your story reminded of a news article I was reading about when I lived back in Kentucky. The Western Kentucky Parkway is long, straight in parts and a very boring drive. You never see cops on it. Some poor guy in a new 280ZX was driving down it close to where I lived. He was cruising about 85mph at midnight. Earlier an engine block had fallen off the back of a truck. (some redneck trying to fix his rod) Poor guy never saw it coming. I saw a picture of the carnage in the newspaper the day after, you could not recognize the car. It pushed the inline 6 of his 280 all the back through the firewall nearly cutting the car in 2. Poor guy did not make it.

It could always be worse.

Good luck getting your car fixed, a little patience and it will look as good as new!

Drake.
Old 10-18-2002, 10:46 PM
aggie300zx

alawoowoo,
I had a dent that appeared while at my stereo shop here in Dallas, and they had a guy from the Porsche Store of Dallas come by and take it out using a simliar method. He was amazing, I truly believe these guys/gals are artist....they can do amazing things with metal. He's in Dallas, but if you want his contact info, just let me know and I will dig it up.

Good Luck!
Old 10-19-2002, 02:41 AM
Fox

Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) is the way to go. About 2 yrs ago my car had over $1500 dollars worth of hail damage. My insurance covered the bill. PDR does a terriffic job. You'll never notice the damage again.
Old 10-19-2002, 07:33 AM
durio

I had to get a rear driver side quarter panel replaced. Took about 3 days to get after being ordered. I have the pricing at work but off the top of my head I think it ran about $300.
Old 10-19-2002, 09:45 AM
Loaner

Exorcism= Fr. Guido Sarducci (old SNL character)