2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nissan has created another problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 04:24 AM
Vin Diesel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan has created another problem!!

ALIGNMENT UPDATE GUY'S

Well I hope NOBODY gets disappointed but I have had the new tires and new alignment settings done and now in the process of suing Nissan. The car handles badly Nissan has now created another problem stiff stearing wheel dosen't return to center properly after sharpe turns, in a parking lot with stearing wheel turn fullly to left or right car DOES NOT PULL OUT OF TURN IT KEEPS GOING AROUND & AROUND WITH NO HANDS ON THE WHEEL?????? The Ontario Rep was with me in the car for a tests drive and his remarks were well this sort of sports car will handle this way. Where did Nissan get this guy from?
Nissan has to repond today according to my Lawyer, will post the out come as it becomes available.

If anybody feels that their car is not handling properly with the new setting post on board and make sure you contact Nissan the more we report this problem the quicker they well correct the problem.

Last edited by Vin Diesel; 09-11-2004 at 04:54 AM.
Old 09-11-2004, 06:37 AM
Shift_Daytona Z

You cannot sue anyone unless there has been any personal injury and it can be proven that nissan is at fault for what happen. As far as your problem is sounds like they did not align it right or you are having a problem with the rack
Old 09-11-2004, 06:48 AM
2003z

Originally posted by Shift_Daytona Z
You cannot sue anyone unless there has been any personal injury and it can be proven that nissan is at fault for what happen. As far as your problem is sounds like they did not align it right or you are having a problem with the rack
Are you sure about that? He is in Canada, perhaps their laws are different.

It almost sounds as if the steering rack is loose. I once had a Sentra on which the rack came loose and I had to continuously turn the steering wheel on long turns. If I stopped turning it, the car would straighten.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:17 AM
levar

Default Re: Nissan has created another problem!!

Originally posted by Vin Diesel
ALIGNMENT UPDATE GUY'S

Well I hope NOBODY gets disappointed but I have had the new tires and new alignment settings done and now in the process of suing Nissan. The car handles badly Nissan has now created another problem stiff stearing wheel dosen't return to center properly after sharpe turns, in a parking lot with stearing wheel turn fullly to left or right car DOES NOT PULL OUT OF TURN IT KEEPS GOING AROUND & AROUND WITH NO HANDS ON THE WHEEL?????? The Ontario Rep was with me in the car for a tests drive and his remarks were well this sort of sports car will handle this way. Where did Nissan get this guy from?
Nissan has to repond today according to my Lawyer, will post the out come as it becomes available.

If anybody feels that their car is not handling properly with the new setting post on board and make sure you contact Nissan the more we report this problem the quicker they well correct the problem.

I have the exact same problem... I thought it was just me
Took it in for alignment/tire rotation, car drives like crap now. I'm having it serviced again on Monday pending the hurricane.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:23 PM
AZZGUY

Default Re: Re: Nissan has created another problem!!

Originally posted by levar
I have the exact same problem... I thought it was just me
Took it in for alignment/tire rotation, car drives like crap now. I'm having it serviced again on Monday pending the hurricane.
May I ask who roatated your tires?? The tires are directional - AND the front and rear tires are different sizes. NO WAY JOSE!!!!!
Old 09-11-2004, 01:28 PM
vincei

I had the alignment done last May and the car does not handle as good as before, however when they did the work they did say something about changing or adjusting the steering rack. Seems to be fine other than the reduced handling. However I don't know what's better the loud roar or the reduced handling.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:37 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Nissan has created another problem!!

Originally posted by AZZGUY
May I ask who roatated your tires?? The tires are directional - AND the front and rear tires are different sizes. NO WAY JOSE!!!!!
Assuming that he's having the Feathering problem, one of the first TSB's is a swap not a rotation. They remount the front tires on the opposite wheel while maintaining the direction of rotation. He may be misspeaking when he calls it "tire rotation".
Old 09-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Dragon04Z

Thats why I've been keeping my mother in law in on everything thats been going on. She's a parallegal. I'm getting ready to take my Z for the compression rod replacement.
Old 09-11-2004, 03:45 PM
levar

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Nissan has created another problem!!

Originally posted by DavesZ#3
Assuming that he's having the Feathering problem, one of the first TSB's is a swap not a rotation. They remount the front tires on the opposite wheel while maintaining the direction of rotation. He may be misspeaking when he calls it "tire rotation".
That's what I meant, my bad.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:13 PM
Vin Diesel

Originally posted by 2003z
Are you sure about that? He is in Canada, perhaps their laws are different.

It almost sounds as if the steering rack is loose. I once had a Sentra on which the rack came loose and I had to continuously turn the steering wheel on long turns. If I stopped turning it, the car would straighten.
I'll keep you posted with the info I receive from my lawyer it should be very interesting.
Old 09-11-2004, 06:35 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Originally posted by Dragon04Z
Thats why I've been keeping my mother in law in on everything thats been going on. She's a parallegal. I'm getting ready to take my Z for the compression rod replacement.
I thought the compression rod problem was something that occurred only on the early '03 cars. What took so long (2 years)?
Old 09-11-2004, 06:55 PM
mike_vegas

Originally posted by DavesZ#3
I thought the compression rod problem was something that occurred only on the early '03 cars. What took so long (2 years)?
whats a compression rod?

and what production dates had the problem?
Old 09-12-2004, 03:07 AM
Vin Diesel

Originally posted by vincei
I had the alignment done last May and the car does not handle as good as before, however when they did the work they did say something about changing or adjusting the steering rack. Seems to be fine other than the reduced handling. However I don't know what's better the loud roar or the reduced handling.
The problem being you purchase the car to enjoy and not to sacrifice poor stearing because of a bad suspenion design which is now obvious to Nissan. Keep on them you want the car to handle the way it orignally did when you purchased it. I'm not backing off until I am throughly satisfied.
You need to call Nissan Canada daily for them to move on this.
I'll keep you posted on my findings.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:15 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Originally posted by mike_vegas
whats a compression rod?

and what production dates had the problem?
It wasn't a production problem but a shipping problem. When the cars were shipped out on trucks to the dealers, some were chained down on the compression rod (part of the steering mechanism). That caused some of them to get bent throwing the steering out of alignment.

Here is a link to the TSB on it:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=51074
Old 09-12-2004, 09:41 PM
all_bark

I had it when I first got my car and it took a new set of tires and two new parts hooked into the A-arm up in the front right side of the car to fix it.

oh yeah, three trips to the dealer for all that!
Old 09-13-2004, 07:48 PM
Tonyz350

hi
this is Tony , been out a long while , just to put in my 2 cents , i got the notice from nissan to go get new tires , or to be rembursed for my purchase (i did the latter ) truth is , its already coming back , and i have my personal mech. do all the alinements so the situation (as most are aware ) is a design defect , the front camber is too negative , and is unadjustable , period !
now you can approch this reality one of two ways: you can argue , go to the dealers , hold your breath , get into a class action (my fav,!) . and wait and hope for the best ? meanwhile
your ride is crap !! , or ! you can just bite the $ bullet and buy some nice aftermarket parts , like the adjustable control arms
several are available , and then do the mod and be happy , because now you can aline and adjust to your hearts content
of course this is a hardship , also very unfair and extremly un etical on the part of nna? so??? what else is new ?? the truth is the more you let nissan ? or anybody else for that matter mess with it , the worse off you will ultimatly be , my personal opinion about the the whole deal , goes something like this : get the parts and put them on , do the alinements and tune to optimum specs , drive happy , save tires . sue nissan for all our pain and suffering , hope for a win , and then , get all our $ back ? with %
yeah right lol
anyway if the 2005 come out with the real fix , we can , and should demand they do the same to all our cars , free, period
thats my 2 cents sorry for the long post
peace
Tonyz350
Old 09-14-2004, 12:37 PM
Vin Diesel

Originally posted by Shift_Daytona Z
Well guess what your wrong we are Lemon Law!

Last edited by Vin Diesel; 09-14-2004 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:52 PM
jor8888

My steering wheel always returns to 10 and 2 o'clock position after a turn.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:15 PM
Vin Diesel

Originally posted by jor8888
My steering wheel always returns to 10 and 2 o'clock position after a turn.
If I turn my stearing wheel completely to the left or right the car will go in circles with no hands on the wheel.
But this is with the new settings.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:02 AM
RoadRagerInTherapy

Originally posted by Vin Diesel
If I turn my stearing wheel completely to the left or right the car will go in circles with no hands on the wheel.
But this is with the new settings.
What dealer are you going to?

Quick Reply: Nissan has created another problem!!