Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with fuel guage???

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 08:41 PM
jdm3fiddyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with fuel guage???

Hey guys, ive noticed this for a few days now, but today it was really bad...I left my house and drove for a while and noticed my fuel guage on empty and the light was on. So i drive to the gas station, and as soon as i get there, i look at my gauge, and its at a 1/4 tank?? I was like WTF?? So put in 16 bucks worth of gas. Just over 8 gallons, and i start up my car and the guage now reads 3/4 of a tank. Ok. So i drove to the mall, which is about three minutes away, and i look at the guage, and its at 1/2??? So i leave and drive around some more, and it moves up to 3/4 again.
I dont know if the Vortech is causing this problem or not, but is anyone else having this annoying *** problem??? And no, i dont live on a hill and the gas station wasnt on a hill either or anything like that... Anyone have any ideas or similar problems???
Thanks!!
Old 09-18-2004, 09:13 PM
eazy

I think everyone who owns a Z has experienced this at least one time. If you do a forum search for "gas" and search through the results, you will find an alarming number of posts exactly like yours. I have heard every explanation/guess under the sun as to why it happens. I don't know why it happens. It used to happen to me every single time I got gas, but I haven't had the problem lately. Maybe the service dept fixed it without telling me, or maybe it just decided to stop being stupid. Who knows...
Old 09-18-2004, 09:18 PM
jdm3fiddyZ

Yeah i actually just did a search after i posted this...i guess i should of done it before i posted...lol i wasnt thinkin right, its 1 am and im tired...lol...anyway, yeah i found a lot of posts about it, and i guess i shouldnt worry about it that much, although, i am going to take to it the dealer on monday to have them check that out along with change my front tires....