2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Time for me to eat crow.....my car went in for new tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 12:04 PM
ktm
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for me to eat crow.....my car went in for new tires

When I last had my oil changed (I specifically took it to Big O tires for this reason) I asked the shop to check out the front tires. They indicated that the inside was wearing twice as fast as the rest of the tire. I immediately took the car to Power Nissan in Irvine and asked them to look at the car.

They could not get me in (to just look at the damn tire!) for a week. I could not make that appointment, and they indicated that I would have to wait ANOTHER week to have my car checked out. I reluctantly setup another appointment and decided to call Tustin Nissan.

The service rep at Tustin Nissan told me to bring my car down that moment and he would check out the car then and there. Sure enough, 15 minutes later I had an appointment to get new tires for my car.

I had taken my car into Power Nissan 3 seperate times complaining of road noise, but all 3 times they told me my tread was within specs. This last episode made me incredibly angry because they told me that unless my tread was out of spec, they could do nothing even though there is evidence that my tires were feathering.

I still stand by my words that Nissan is doing what they can to solve the problem. Saying that, I am now a bit more leary about what the dealer says when I take my car in.