Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Will the 350Z beat these cars...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 01:15 PM
TurboAP1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know... I'm guilty of feeding the fire! Take me away officer!

Originally posted by Slareau02
Wow, This thread is really pointless. I have an ovbious bias towards the Z here but I agree that they are both great cars.
TurboAP1, I'm guessing your car is turbod. Dear god, if you didn't beat the z in a staight line I'de be mad. Thats kind of a pointless race.
And for all the people yelling at the s2k fellows for posting their opinions, shut up, please, your embarrassing me and the rest of the members of my350z.com. Let's all just try to be civil about this.
Old 10-29-2002, 02:10 PM
94 TA GT

Originally posted by rai
I don't usually respond to this type of whining, but here goes. First this is this guys first post so take that into account.

--S2000 owners brag how they beat 6 cylinder cars all day... what difference does the number of cylinders make? (as if to say a 6 cylinder car is a badge of honor). Gee look I got a taurus (6 cylinders) it's a lot better than a hampster power 4 cylinder engine.

--MATCHBOX cars? what does that mean? The S2000 weighs 2800 lbs I guess that makes it a MATCHBOX (good one Einstein).

--Honda trolls please get out. I guess anyone that said the S2000 has been tested as fast as a Z must be a Honda troll? Sorry for stating a fact. (The S2000 has been tested and was found to be just as fast as a Z deal with it).
My calais is sporting a H.O. 3.0 V6... BRING IT ON S2K DRIVERS
Old 10-29-2002, 02:28 PM
InternetABYSS

Post WARNING!

Yellow car was giving out for the name calling....ACT like adults please!!!!!

If you want to act like kids get on www.zcar.com and play those games in there.

We go on a 3 strike method. yellow card is first strike...you can figure it out from there.

I like to see where my car stands with the compition but its all fun and games. You guys sound like your about to fist fight....relax and post movie clips or pics instead of just saying you beat whatever so there will not be a flame war. ( i plan to get pics and clips if possible...im guilty too of posting races so im not the most mature person either.)

If this name calling and this type of behavior continues I will close this thread.

Play Nice Boys and Girls. NO....

Last edited by InternetABYSS; 10-29-2002 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-29-2002, 02:50 PM
spikez513

Originally posted by gouki
Hi guys/gals,

I've just come from the S2000 Honda website (s2ki.com or something like that) and decided that enough was enough.

Firstly, its a terrible place, all they do is brag how they beat 6 cylinder cars all day etc etc, that an S is faster than the Z and so on. I tried to be as civil as possible but its clearly managed by 12 year olds and their MATCHBOX cars.

There are not many Z drivers on the S2K forum, but there seems to be a lot of S drivers on this forum.

CAN YOU ALL GET THE F*** OUT PLEASE!

My apologees to those who own both and can give proper kudos to the Z, but to the HONDA TROLLS, please GET OUT.

The Z is in a far superior league to the S, it was never designed to compete against the S blah blah blah.

People PLEASE stop COMPARING the 2, its stupid.

P.S. Sorry for my rant, but that forum is simply the most ******** website I have ever seen.

I'm a huge fan of both cars and both forums... Never have i heard S2k members bashing the Z....Second yeah it's stupid to compare the two cars only because they are totally different type of cars not because the z is far superior... ROADSTER and COUPE. Get it straight pal...It's this type of ignorance that we don't need on this forum..
Old 10-29-2002, 03:30 PM
cyber_x

Car forums on the Internet are always so amusing...

Seriously, why all the animosity? It seems a big flame war erupts everytime the 350Z and S2000 are compared. I drive a '02 S2000 and can appreciate the 350Z as well. They're both good cars, my *personal* preference was just that I liked the S2000 better...which doesn't mean that it's absolutely better.

C'mon guys, after all, it's just a car. Before my S2000, I had a '95 Supra TT , and this reminds me of all the Supra vs. RX-7 flame wars. (Incidentally, part of the reason I went with the S2000 over the 350Z was because the S2000 is a very different experience from the Supra, whereas the 350Z is a bit more similar.) The S2000 and 350Z are nice cars, and neither is the absolute best.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:08 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

The reason I've always liked this forum was its relative level headedness in the cross vehicle discussions and its appearance of being a bit more grown up than that other Z forum. Yeah, there was dumb stat racing at times, but it wasn't ever over the top, my gear shift is bigger than yours type stuff. Occasionally, there would be some stupid S2000 stuff, but it was kept under control by the mods.

This thread is going downhill fast. Now, it is obviously drawing in posters that are probably hearing about it on other forums, from looking at their post counts. Nobody is going to prove anything by arguing on a message board, and it really isn't very impressive or persuasive to either side, I'm sure.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:14 PM
gouki

Hi,

I did not mean to instigate a fight or anything.

But I have been visiting that S forum for a couple of months already and its really getting on my nerves.

Firstly, do you know what they really say about you?

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=88406

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/forumdisp...?s=&forumid=34

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=88246

Need I say more about those jerks? Please don't waste your time registering on their forum to prove a point. It will only make them excited.

I see a few of them here, What are they doing here? Instigating trouble?

Speaking of moderators, there isn't any on the S forum.

I'm an avid member of the 300zx, Freshalloy and GTR forums and I don't think we had to anybody resembling the kind of people they had.

MATCHBOX cars are those little little cars which we all used to play with when we were 12 years old.

Those who did not "get" my meaning about 12 year olds and their "toys", I'm afraid I can't make it any simplier for you.

Stop the comparison (it isn't even funny anymore) and lets all look forward to the new SUPRA, RX7/RX8 and so on (our true competitors).

RAI, I understand you waited for the Z for a while, but got the S instead. Well, its too bad you didn't get this car but good luck with the S.

I have a GTR34, GTiR, 300zx NA and have already ordered the 350z(but haven't got it yet). I'm selling all my cars except the 300zx and the 350z (I may keep the GTR but there is simply isn't enough room at our house and its getting common now in Australia). So I'm a Nissan fan but I'm not so one-eyed, I appreciate heaps of cars (NSX is sexy).

Those who understands the cars I drive will know how awesome these cars are. I am in Japan and I'm looking forward to modifying my Z. It is truely the year of the NISSAN! Stay tune!
Old 10-29-2002, 04:16 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

If it bothers you, why do you go over there to those other, unmoderated places?
Old 10-29-2002, 04:29 PM
M Powered

I think all this BS will be settled at the track. I propose you guys (350Z and S2000) owners join us at Carlsbad Raceway this Saturday, November 2nd.

Shoot me an email if you wish to attend s4dukar@yahoo.com

You must bring a helmet and its 22 dollars to race. If you want to watch, its 12 bucks.

This topic pretty much narrows out those who magazine races and those who actually track races. The two crowd is like oil and water.

A good example of this is an RSX-S with bolt-ons + 50shot of NOS wanting to race me. My best time for the M is 13.9 @ 106mph. I had a guy in an RSX-S wanting to race me because w/ his mods he think it will be a drivers race Of course the lamer never been to the track and doesnt know how wheel spin kills your E.T.

Now my car has NO problem hooking in the street. The track I raced had a water box that you could NOT avoid, therefore the loss of traction was expected.

You S2000 and 350Z guys should take it to the track and settle this the RIGHT way.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:33 PM
gouki

Dear Moderator,

I thought it was unfair to flag Robert. Perhaps if he had <10 or >100++ posts and was really getting out of hand, then maybe its reasonable.

But if you take a look at the S2k forum and the number of name calling and calling BS that their members get away with, its not fair to flag our own drivers.

Mannishboy,

I was trying to help my sis (she's a dentist) buy a car. Perhaps the S would make a nice car for her but she :

- is not very keen in maintaining high maintenance cars
- has no idea about the nature of engines (high rev/high torque)
- likes pretty and cute cars
- does a lot of city driving
- lives in a cold and windy place (but the summer is great for 3 months)

She wanted a Mazda MX-5 (Miata) however the S was a fairly new car and I heard that it was a great car to drive. After visiting their forum, I realised what a bunch of jerks those guys were. I did not realise that it was unmoderated.

I've decided that the MX-5 would be a better car for her because its a lot cheaper now, economical and still good enough for her to drive. Perhaps in a couple of years she may get the 350z convertible. There would be too many Nissans then I think
Old 10-29-2002, 05:20 PM
BigBadBuford

We should get a track day together in the MD/PA area, either at Beaver Springs, Maple Grove, or Cecil County. I rarely ever see any S2000s on the street except for one driven by some old lady, and I'd love to see how the Z stacks up. I don't really understand why everyone is getting worked up because someone likes the Z or S2000 better, it is all in fun. If you have a problem with someone having a faster car, go out and spend some $$ and make it faster!
Old 10-29-2002, 07:46 PM
InternetABYSS

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gouki
[B]Dear Moderator,

I thought it was unfair to flag Robert. Perhaps if he had <10 or >100++ posts and was really getting out of hand, then maybe its reasonable.

But if you take a look at the S2k forum and the number of name calling and calling BS that their members get away with, its not fair to flag our own drivers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I yellow flaged him for name calling....he said sucks big dick and S2000 ******s... (dont care who you are ...do this and you get the flag)

He had enough points to remove it himself. He could have went to the points shop and paid to have it removed....BUT INSTEAD

He decides to start a pissing contest with some of the moderators and charter members....I just got back online and he was red flaged and banned.

THE SMART THING....would be....remove the yellow card with your points then tread lightly with the attitude gone.

Since this board is moderated its basically a private party. If you get out of hand no matter if you love the 350z or love a pinto your gonna get flagged or banned.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:38 PM
TIGHT-Z

Default I agree

I am new to this site but I have too agree with that person on saying that I think it was unfair to ban robert333 on what he said. First off, he started this whole thread and S2000 people came into it and started bashing the 350Z, but they didnt get carded??? I also dont think that his statement was enough to get kicked out of a website for Z lovers, I mean come on people who are in charge, havent you ever had a disagreement before, and Im also positive that when you have you cursed or sweared, so whats the difference if its being said or typed? But anyways I just wanted to put in my 2 cents about it.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:52 PM
InternetABYSS

Default Re: I agree

Originally posted by TIGHT-Z
I am new to this site but I have too agree with that person on saying that I think it was unfair to ban robert333 on what he said. First off, he started this whole thread and S2000 people came into it and started bashing the 350Z, but they didnt get carded??? I also dont think that his statement was enough to get kicked out of a website for Z lovers, I mean come on people who are in charge, havent you ever had a disagreement before, and Im also positive that when you have you cursed or sweared, so whats the difference if its being said or typed? But anyways I just wanted to put in my 2 cents about it.

HE got the yellow card for what he did here......he got banned from what he did in OFF TOPIC...I gave him the yellow warning....someone else gave him a red warning...and Jmanz banned him for one week.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=9679

Oh and if the S2000 people called the 350z posters ******s....we would have banned him without warning most likely....our fellow Z member robert333 got 2 warnings AND we have given and revoked yellow cards in the past.

He needs to learn to be civil....

Last edited by InternetABYSS; 10-29-2002 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:58 PM
negcamber

Originally posted by gouki

I've decided that the MX-5 would be a better car for her because its a lot cheaper now, economical and still good enough for her to drive. Perhaps in a couple of years she may get the 350z convertible. There would be too many Nissans then I think
Oooo...I dunno Gouki. Their forum might make the Miata a bad car to own! I mean look at what the Miata Forum folks say about the Z!

http://www.miataforum.com/cgi-bin/ul...;f=11;t=007673

Hmmm, maybe she should get a Holden or something. Better check out their forum first though.
Old 10-29-2002, 09:02 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Originally posted by KYs2000
This is the internet, people have freedom of speech, if someone from s2ki whated to make a statement on this forum then so be it.
Actually, this is a privately owned site that can be moderated all day long. The right to free speech in this country doesn't mean the obligation of other people to publish that speech if they don't want to. Write a dumb letter to the editor of the New York Times or Wall Street Journal, and see how "free" your speech is if you want to test this. See if it gets press time.

I have no strong opinion as to the actions of the mods, but they were made mods by the current owner of the site because he thought they'd help run his site as he saw fit. If somebody doesn't like that, they are welcome to find another site or start their own.

I personally think this thread got away from the warning posted prior about the S2000 v Z stuff that was here not long ago, to try to keep things civil. I don't think anybody is saying you can't discuss the cars, but the hormones got a bit high here on both sides.

Quick Reply: Will the 350Z beat these cars...