Old 01-23-2005, 02:42 PM
ultimate_86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome video
Old 01-23-2005, 02:46 PM
thawk408

Originally posted by 1sick350
Im just saying that a single trubo supra can be pretty sick if they went from a roll the z driver would b haven a bad day ive seen how much they make to the wheels with tt kits its aboyt 450 rwhp, thats enough to barely take out a stage one supra. Ive seen supras and z race befroe its not a good comparison if u wanna compare them wen they are modded. The z is to new and the motor isnt built to handle near the power the supra has.
Thats why you build the block and boost the turbos . Then you can mess with a single turbo supra.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:33 PM
AxionF117

what the hell are you smoking

Originally posted by KrazY-2K
That Z is awesome. There's no doubt in my mind that the Z has as much HP potential as the Supra.

I'd like to see the 350z make near 1000hp on STOCK Internals. Countless numbers of supras are running extremely high horsepower on stock internals I'm talking 600+++++
THATS POTENTIAL.
Not too mention for under 2g's you can be making over 425rwhp SAFELY.

Last edited by AxionF117; 01-23-2005 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:53 PM
Tattude

Dido... 350Z is nice but doensn't have the potential of a SUPRA
Old 01-24-2005, 05:36 AM
thawk408

Originally posted by Tattude
Dido... 350Z is nice but doensn't have the potential of a SUPRA
Yeah it sucks.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:10 AM
Mantis3024

Im sure this question has been asked many times but what makes the supra so unique?
Old 01-24-2005, 06:45 AM
agent_smith

I'm noticing a lot of you guys are pretty quick to put down on the 350z. I'd disagree with the posts saying that the Z has not the potential of a supra for x number of dollars.

The fact is that a supra is a turbo car when you buy it, that takes away a lot of your expenses that you are negating. If you had to rebuild an entire supra with a fuel system you'd be looking easily at the same price as the APS or the Greddy TT kits for a Z. My friend paid Autotuner in Florida 5 to put a budget kit SP single upgrade for him. With an additional 5 in parts alone.

If you also took a few moments to notice that cars like those posted at www.t04r.com and other dyno queens will always have upgraded engine internals. Sure you can make power up to around 500 on nearly any stock turbo pistons from any given manufacter. I could take DSM pistons and make 500 AWHP all day long from stock 1g rods and 2g pistons, but that doesn't mean that you WANT to do that. Fact is when you start making power your going to be breaking stuff.

Finally another good point is that markIV supras have been around for quite some time. Long enough to have it down to a science of how to make power. Z's have not, give them some time and then make your decision. I'm yet to see any sleeved blocks yet or anything really over the top on a Z. The best I've seen is the 650 hp claming white Z of www.carv2.com. Also note, there is ALWAYS going to be MORE potential in the car with more displacement. The Z does have that and once you can make the boost tolerable to the block and fix the weaknesses of the original design then you should be able to make whatever you'd like to on it.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:48 PM
SvR350z

My question is how did dude get his Z so fast?
Using supercharger or something.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:16 PM
AxionF117

Originally posted by agent_smith
The fact is that a supra is a turbo car when you buy it
Meaing it has more potential

If you had to rebuild an entire supra with a fuel system you'd be looking easily at the same price as the APS or the Greddy TT kits for a Z.
Same price maybe, same potential NO. You put as much money into a supra as the cost of the APS kit your talking 700+ hp easy.

If you also took a few moments to notice that cars like those posted at www.t04r.com and other dyno queens will always have upgraded engine internals. Sure you can make power up to around 500 on nearly any stock turbo pistons from any given manufacter. I could take DSM pistons and make 500 AWHP all day long from stock 1g rods and 2g pistons, but that doesn't mean that you WANT to do that. Fact is when you start making power your going to be breaking stuff.
500rwhp on a supra is a joke, you don't know what your talking about. No matter how you put it the supra has more potential. Try making 500rwhp SAFELY on the Z without opening the block, ain't gonna happen.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:25 PM
agent_smith

Thanks for showing my point so well, perception doesn't equal reality.

Meaing it has more potential
Hmm...so your also telling me that a crate 427 or 350 chevy motor has not the potential of a supra becuase "it isn't a stock turbo car."

Same price maybe, same potential NO. You put as much money into a supra as the cost of the APS kit your talking 700+ hp easy.
Once again you do not know what you are talking about. As I mentioned, the parts alone to make 500 on the supra without any fuel system upgrades is going to put you back at least 5 grand then another 3-5 to have the parts put in by a reputable dealer like Autotuner. If you don't believe me here is a picture of my friend's car that I'm refrencing:

Given that this car, prior to breaking (yes imagine that MKIV supras break) made 500 hp on an SP67 budget kit and 10K of work into it I believe that my point has been made.

500rwhp on a supra is a joke, you don't know what your talking about. No matter how you put it the supra has more potential. Try making 500rwhp SAFELY on the Z without opening the block, ain't gonna happen.
Finally two comments here. One, I never said that you could make xxx number of power on a Z on a stock block...if you can find that point where I said anything to that effect, please let me know. If anything I tried to use an example of how people use stock DSM parts to make a safe 500.

Second part of it is really the sad part of a supra...and my personal gripe with all the dyno queens. 1 million horsepower that you so firmly believe that a supra can make is great, but if you can't put it on the ground and the best times you run are 11's with 500 or 800 hp...(I think that's how the supra guy joke goes) then that's a waste of time and money...period. If you make 800 HP on a car where you can make it stick and make it useful then that's what it's all about.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:28 PM
AxionF117

Originally posted by agent_smith
Hmm...so your also telling me that a crate 427 or 350 chevy motor has not the potential of a supra becuase "it isn't a stock turbo car."
Did I say that? I don't think I said that did I?

Once again you do not know what you are talking about. As I mentioned, the parts alone to make 500 on the supra without any fuel system upgrades is going to put you back at least 5 grand then another 3-5 to have the parts put in by a reputable dealer like Autotuner. If you don't believe me here is a picture of my friend's car that I'm refrencing:

Given that this car, prior to breaking (yes imagine that MKIV supras break) made 500 hp on an SP67 budget kit and 10K of work into it I believe that my point has been made.
LOL the SP budget kit thats a winner
Your friend got ripped the f--k off pal, 10grand with a cast iron manifold. Was he running stock fuel too??? Just about everyone who runs the budget kit will run the stock fuel system and MAS because they are cheap. You cheap out things break period, let me guess he ran lean and fried #6.

Finally two comments here. One, I never said that you could make xxx number of power on a Z on a stock block

Meaning it doesn't have as much potential as a supra

Second part of it is really the sad part of a supra...and my personal gripe with all the dyno queens. 1 million horsepower that you so firmly believe that a supra can make is great, but if you can't put it on the ground and the best times you run are 11's with 500 or 800 hp...(I think that's how the supra guy joke goes) then that's a waste of time and money...period. If you make 800 HP on a car where you can make it stick and make it useful then that's what it's all about.
Your lack of knowledge of supras shows again. Some people just go for high HP numbers, I will agree with that, but many others don't.

No difference between 500hp and 800hp Supras LOL, bro you don't have a clue man, you really don't. Race the two on the highway from a roll, then tell me their is no difference. Supras are all TOP END. Plus a lot of the owners who have them can't drive them lol. The best is the wheel kinetix owner his car dynoed at 1k hp, and he ran a 14 cuz he can't drive for **** lol

Oh and I don't care that you have a friend who owns a supra, I owned a 1997 supra for over 3 years.

Last edited by AxionF117; 01-24-2005 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:39 PM
AxionF117

and yes that 350z in that video is badass, props to the owner

Last edited by AxionF117; 01-24-2005 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:19 PM
agent_smith

Originally posted by AxionF117

Meaning it doesn't have as much potential as a supra
Actually no. You are still neglecting that there is no replacement for displacement. A bored and stroked 2jz will not have the displacement of a bored and stroked VQ motor...period.

Potential defined = displacement.

Your lack of knowledge of supras shows again. Some people just go for high HP numbers, I will agree with that, but many others don't.

No difference between 500hp and 800hp Supras LOL, bro you don't have a clue man, you really don't. Race the two on the highway from a roll, then tell me their is no difference. Supras are all TOP END. Plus a lot of the owners who have them can't drive them lol. The best is the wheel kinetix owner his car dynoed at 1k hp, and he ran a 14 cuz he can't drive for **** lol
Nobody knows how to drive them eh? You just proved the entire point that you quoted. There is no use for that much power ...I honestly don't go on the street and race people from rolls. How many tracks do you know that are open have a "roll" competition? To me useable power is where it's at.

Go watch the video from the USCC two years ago when Road Race Engineering's lowely 4g63 beat up on the supra in the competition and actually ended up winning. The driver made a memorable comment that I alluded to earlier and I'll say it again, "700, 800 horsepower, that's great but if the car can't brake and it can't corner and it can't get the power to the ground then it doesn't matter."

I dont' find much funny about running a 14 on a car that has over 1000 hp. In fact, if I did I'd go home and concieve of a way to kick myself in the *****, because the amount of money I just spent on my car is about as intelligible of a thing to do. I am completely unimpressed by cars that have such "potential" but make no numbers to show.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much about supras. I'm coming from being a DSM guy the last few years. I will say that from what I've seen I've yet to see much that impresses me from the supra crowd though. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:01 PM
blacktrack350

but the video was tight! haha
Old 01-24-2005, 06:58 PM
thawk408

I owned a 1997 supra for over 3 years.
And what you automatically think you are a genius at them??

First off the supra motor is a detuned race motor from the factory. Its potential on factory turbors make it an easy competitor for cheap and reliable horsepower. I will give it up to the Supra that their engines are very rock solid and are capable of running big boost and a lot of HP.

But, as you failed to relize, agent_smith has a very good point about displacement. As we have already seen some 350z make 600+rwhp on a meesly 18 psi or more (http://store.yahoo.com/sgpracing-store/ab03ni35.html). This of course has to be acomplished using forged internals. If you look at all of the supras on www.t04r.com or wherever else, you will see that they are having to use 25+psi to get the same or greater numbers. And I have talk to many supra owner and contrary to belief, supras are not cheap to upgrade.

I am not saying that the 350z engine has more potential then the supra. But I do think that witht he right parts it can be a worthy contender.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:01 PM
Mantis3024

280-some hp from a N/A v6 is quite an engineering accomplishment. Give the aftermarket some time and I believe the 350z can be up there. The minute I heard about and saw the 350z, I thought to myself 'this is the next supra', at least I hope so...
Old 01-24-2005, 10:16 PM
Tattude

Originally posted by Mantis3024
280-some hp from a N/A v6 is quite an engineering accomplishment. Give the aftermarket some time and I believe the 350z can be up there. The minute I heard about and saw the 350z, I thought to myself 'this is the next supra', at least I hope so...
Don't agree with any of this...

N/A V6's have and do make between 300-400hp with other companies. THATS impressive.
350Z is NO supra. Supra is a factory turbo sports car that excels in the 1320 and gets BIG WHP numbers with LITTLE money invested. The 350Z isn't even close.

Quick Reply: Z vs 3 Supra Turbo