Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

a spider lives in my z!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 03:08 AM
druqs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a spider living in my car too...I dont know what kind..."common spider?" :P I cant say that I blame him. If there were back seats I'd bunk in there too!
Old 09-23-2004, 03:17 AM
NismoKid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had hundreds, if not thousands, of ants living in my Z. I first noticed when I was cleaning the Z and as I opened the passenger door, there were a **** load of ants at the door hinge and on the kick plates. I got some raid and thought I had killed them all. When I was cleaning the interior, they were coming from the a/c vents. I vaccumed most of them out and I haven't seen anymore.

Edit: My car's passenger side did smell like Raid for a while, but after washing the body panels several times, the smell went away. It's not so good of an air freshener, lol.

Last edited by NismoKid; 09-23-2004 at 03:22 AM.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:15 AM
tacomaboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone contacted Nissan for a TSB on this spider issue?
Old 09-23-2004, 05:36 AM
boldenmd

This is exactly why I keep my top up in the garage. Some passengers I don't want.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:10 AM
Sly_Z

Originally posted by tacomaboy
Has anyone contacted Nissan for a TSB on this spider issue?
I had to take my car in for the Spider TSB last Tuesday. This was the third time I'm thinking about a buy back.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:08 AM
grifferjr

this is absolutely hilarious cause i swear i was going to post a thread like this about a month ago. i have now had three instances of spiders in my car. only the first two have i been able to find and kill with the sweeper.

this last one just kept making webs and webs every morning i would find it somewhere else. like someone else said i dont let anyone eat in there and after a week the webs disappeared. SOB has to be dead.

I have a bad habit of leaving the windows down over night in the garage, so thats how they have to get in. cant blame them. i would rather die in a Z than live in my garage.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:59 AM
cedusett

I bet that **** is chilling inside your headliner. When I first got my Z I had a little bugger in there and every time he was running around on the windshield I'd try to smash him (a few times while driving he almost caused a wreck), but he'd always run back under that damn headliner.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:24 AM
Blarghman

One time, like a month ago, i was driving and turning left in an intersection when a spider decided to float down from the ceiling like onto my lap. I was turning and shifting so i frantically shouted at my passenger 'ARRAGHAGR DUDE NAPKIN, NAPKIN, NAPKIN@!!" Needless to say, that spider learned its role.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:27 PM
bobS

Well, this morning there were no webs..figueres as soon as i post a thread about it the webs disappear. I never leave my windows down and i just got my car about a week and a half ago. Maybe the spider was chillin in it while it was on the lot. I can't believe all the other people that have spider problems in thier car haha...its rediculous. Oh and if he was still alive he has to be cooked by now b/c i left my car for an oil change today and i got back in it and could barely breathe, the temp guage said 115, it sat in the hot sun all day.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:50 PM
350fanatic

had hundreds, if not thousands, of ants living in my Z
haha that really sucks man!! i had that same problem with my altima, one of my friends left an open soda can in my car one night in the summer.

In the morning when im just about to go to work, my hood was covered with ants. There were multiple trails going into the hood and doors. It was a real pain in the *** to get everyone of em out of the car. when i was done, i drove off and more ants started to come out from the doors, ac vents and crawling up my arms. i was also like 30mins late to work.

On to the one who says that they always leave windows closed and the top up...

it does not matter if everything is shut, if a spider wants to crawl into your car theres no way you can stop it. it can just go into any of the cracks like the door or the hood.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:57 PM
axxizzer

Aaaahaha, I have yall beat

My house and car are infested with

get this

SCORPIONS!! Got the **** stung outta me once, right on teh forehead!

oowww

have fun, maybe the Z's attract them??
Old 09-23-2004, 03:04 PM
2004z
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally posted by axxizzer
SCORPIONS!! Got the **** stung outta me once, right on teh forehead!
Hahahahaha... you f**ker! You made me laugh out loud at work!
Old 09-23-2004, 03:08 PM
Aggro_Al

Maybe this might work in getting rid of the spiders or other bugs.

Pull into your garage, open your doors and hatch then light off a bug bomb in the garage (not in the car). Hopefully it will kill off whatever is in your car and in the garage so that you won't get reinfested.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:24 PM
Blackie

lol, this is hillarious! i don't have such a big problem with spiders inside my z (althou I've cought a few), but there is a spider that relentlesly makes a web under my driver's side mirror. doesn't matter if i wash the car, it keeps comming back to the same spot.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:46 PM
Beaker02

While everybodies getting creeped out I gotta tell ya this story. Last week a buddy and me went up MulHolland Dr. for a little digital SLR photography. We parked on one of the bemnds in a safe place and went out over the gaurd rail to set up a tripod to capture time laps photos of the rice bur5ners flying up the canyon. We took dozens of pictures with the camera on the tripod and sitting on the wood gaurd rail posts. when I got back to the Z I noticed I had dropped my lens cap. I went back looking for it with a mag light. Gad! The gaurd rail posts were FILLED with HUGE old black widows. Must of been a hundred. We were sitting on the posts, stepping over the posts, standing next to the posts, my friend even said he had got caught up in a web at one point but didn't say anything. AAAAAAAAGH! I itched all night. The photos came out cool though.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:48 PM
Beaker02

We had shorts on of course.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:33 PM
Strife350z

*shudder*

i once had a spider descend onto my steering wheel in my previous car too... freaked me out and almost resulted in an accident.

the most satisfying thing to do is to use your wipers to kill some spiders... it leaves a nasty stain on your windshield but it's damn satisfying... one time coming out of my gf's driveway I noticed two spiders on my windshield... *woosh*... on came the wipers and both were either decapitated or had their limbs amputated immediately

the cool part is, they didn't die right away, so all the way home (a 15 minute ride) i was watching them struggle and spasm

yes - i am evil when it comes to bugs
Old 09-23-2004, 11:12 PM
afr0puff

I once got pulled over for driving erratically trying to kill a spider. The sucker was huge and just came across my windshield. I had a napkin in the right hand and kept trying to reach across to kill it. I must have been swerving.

Cop laughed his a$$ off when he asked about my driving.

But don't you hate it when you find a spider in the car and by the time you find something to kill it with, you lose sight of it.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:58 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

>> But don't you hate it when you find a spider in the car and by the time you find something to kill it with, you lose sight of it.

Oh yeah, that happened in my eclipse one time with a big beefy white spider. I kept an eye out for weeks.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:34 AM
azaznbaler

I remember there is used to be a black and orange spider living underneath my dash board or the a/c area. That thing must be the size of a quarter! anyhow, one morning it showed on top of the dash mat, I quickly grabbed a stack of napkins, courtesy of mcdonald , and smash the crab out of it!

Quick Reply: a spider lives in my z!