2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a spider lives in my z!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 01:49 AM
KShep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I killed her mother last year...she was living under the same traffic cone. This one didn't recognize me and even let me take a couple of pics...before her squishy demise under my boot.
Attached Thumbnails a spider lives in my z!-blkwidow-003.jpg  
Old 09-24-2004, 01:50 AM
KShep

Another...my brother in law Ryno gets credit for holding the traffic cone.
Attached Thumbnails a spider lives in my z!-blkwidow-002.jpg  
Old 09-24-2004, 01:56 AM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Originally posted by azaznbaler
I remember there is used to be a black and orange spider living underneath my dash board or the a/c area. That thing must be the size of a quarter! anyhow, one morning it showed on top of the dash mat, I quickly grabbed a stack of napkins, courtesy of mcdonald , and smash the crab out of it!
It must have been big if it ate a crab!
Old 09-24-2004, 05:40 AM
boldenmd

I was cruising south on 301 yesterday when I catch this movement out of the corner of my eye. A small spider was walking from the A pillar onto the windshield. I had just turned onto 301 so I was not going that fast. In a matter of seconds, though, I was up to 65 or so, and I got to watch the poor sucker try to hang on. Lucky I didn't have an accident because I was so busy watching the spider (I now have a pretty good idea of what a spider saying oh **** looks like). When I finally stopped, I watched him stagger off to the side. I figured after that excitement he could live to tell the story to his grandkids.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:16 AM
D_Nyholm

OMG!! I would have to sell my car if it was infested with spiders. I am the biggest wuss when it comes to spiders. Luckily, I haven't had a decent size one in my car.

I did have one crawl down the drivers side window while I was driving. When I parked, the sucker was still there. I had to climb out of the passenger side to get out of the car. Of course, I checked the car over front to back when I came out the next time to get in the car. Couldn't find the spider anywhere so I guess I was safe.

Yuck...I hate spiders!!!
Old 09-24-2004, 06:37 AM
rufus3000

Default spiders

I've been battling spiders this summer. There not in my cars but in and on my sail boat. I would clean the boat of webs and the next day it would be covered. They especially like to get up underneath the rub rail.

One day I anchored it out in shallow water where I could clean up under the rub rails. I must have knocked a hundred of them into the water around me. So many that I had to climb back into the boat and relocate 50yds down shore to keep them from climbing back up onto me and the boat.

The next day more webs. This time I got some Raid spider killer and sprayed the sails, sail covers, bimini, cabins, matresses, exterior of the boat. It's been about 4 weeks and not a single web.

The stuff seems to work great.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:13 AM
Asterix

My windshield is now crisscrossed with web trails as a couple of 'em run back and forth on it. Most are outside, but one dropped onto my steering wheel yesterday while I'm driving! Then it started doing laps! I annoyed some lady as I pulled quickly into a side street so I could stop and get rid of it. Of course, this is in heavy rush-hour traffic. I really didn't want to grab the wheel and get spider guts on my hand. Probably some spider layed eggs somewhere on the car and now they're all running around. Fortunately, they're small and harmless.

Asterix
Old 09-24-2004, 09:09 AM
trash259

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I was to get bitten by a black widow, would i need to seek medical attention? Somebody posted that it isn’t life threatening, so i was wondering how serious is it?
Old 09-24-2004, 09:40 AM
350fanatic

you probably wont die but you will definitely have to go to the hospital, their venom is very toxic
Old 09-24-2004, 12:02 PM
mcderns

I had one crawl into the hatch while it was up one day when I was cleaning. I tried to reach it, but it was too quick. I was nervous, but I found it 3 days later crawling out onto the roof. I am soooo glad that thing aint livin in the Z. NASTY!!
Old 09-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Sr. Panza

If I were president I'd ban all Spiders from the U.S.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:53 AM
DBZCat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG, just now....

I was going to feed my dogs and there was tis really huge/fat spider. The body was the size of a nickle and bloated as well. It wasn't moving so I thought it was dead. I called my hubby to come take car of it cause i was not about to touch it, even with a napkin.

Anyways, he goes to snag it and you here this crack sound and a million little spiders came out, it looked like ants for a second and then they all of a sudden just stopped moving. I ran to the kitchen and grabbed windex (I didin't have spider spray at the time) and just started spraying the little suckers. GROSS!

I can't even imagine that if we hadn't killed her how many spiders we would have had in the house. I don't want to even think about it.... nastiest thing I have ever seen!

I don't want to sleep here anymore...
Old 09-25-2004, 09:35 AM
Korrrion

I'm scared to freaking death of spiders.

As I was driving home late one night there was this white-brownish spider (kinda same color as the face hugger from Alien) crawling around the dash and interior. Needless to say I got the most scared I've ever been in my life!

I grabbed a book I had in the passenger seat, waiting to smash the bastard if/when it popped out. Never did, but that fear and anxiety of having that damn spider in there freaked me out. I almost didn't want to drive the new Z anymore.

Vacuumed, cleaned, did a lot of jazz to murder the eight-legged son of a dang and to no avail.

AND THE GOSH DANG THING kept coming back when I made late-night drives home; each time freaking the hell out of me.

Later found its corpse, and man it was sickly looking.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:41 AM
AceJ587

Heh, Ive got The spiders in my garage Trained, so they Know better. They actually guard my Z for me, in the unlikely event someone breaks into my garage to steal my baby lol, they get a webby surprise, course I have to deal with that $hit too, everytime I go to work in the morning, but they usually web in the same area right outside my driver door, so Im usually lucky and avoid it.

Last edited by AceJ587; 09-25-2004 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:51 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Default Re: spiders

Originally posted by rufus3000
I've been battling spiders this summer. There not in my cars but in and on my sail boat. I would clean the boat of webs and the next day it would be covered. They especially like to get up underneath the rub rail.

One day I anchored it out in shallow water where I could clean up under the rub rails. I must have knocked a hundred of them into the water around me. So many that I had to climb back into the boat and relocate 50yds down shore to keep them from climbing back up onto me and the boat.

The next day more webs. This time I got some Raid spider killer and sprayed the sails, sail covers, bimini, cabins, matresses, exterior of the boat. It's been about 4 weeks and not a single web.

The stuff seems to work great.
What kinda sailboat u got?
Old 09-25-2004, 06:35 PM
lunartick13

Yes, another spider story. I noticed this little CLOWN Spider, hanging on the driver`s side mirror,they are dark gray in color and some are black and some of them have a white spot on their back. As I got aclose look I new it was a Clown, they don`t build webbs, they are predetors (hunt their pray), anyway I got in my Z and as I drove to work I noticed he went like inside the frame of the side mirror and he stayed there when I parked I noticed he came out to feast on some of the bugs that were road kill, I watched him for a couple of minutes and went to work. Next morning sure enough he was there, we went to work just like the day before.
This went on for a few days some times I would see him by the front headlights, sucking up on a dead bug.
Not sure what happened but I have not seen him for a couple of days, I kind of miss him, I would put my finger by him and he would actually jump on it, he had a real funny looking face. I guess that where they get the name "Clown"..
I though I share!
Old 09-25-2004, 08:11 PM
phile

Originally posted by Strife350z
*shudder*

i once had a spider descend onto my steering wheel in my previous car too... freaked me out and almost resulted in an accident.

same exact thing happened to me.

Btw, I have had spider problems too. They are these white/clearish spiders about a little under 1/4 inch in length. Anyone knwo what kind they are?
Old 03-22-2005, 11:00 AM
boldenmd

Bump. I figure now that spring is here, the spidey watch can start all over again.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:20 AM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by bobS
Damn spider lives in my z. Every morning i wake up to go to work and there will be webs on the three guage pods in the center. Just recently he has starting webbing the rearview mirror. Its been 4 days of this now. I cleaned the car inside and out and havent' found any more webs or the spider himself...i'm hoping i get lucky and sit on him. I don't get it, there can't be any food in there for him, how long does it take for a spider to starve?
OMG I thought that only happend to me!! I think the spider was in my Z for about a month!!
Old 03-22-2005, 11:25 AM
FaustOrFamine

I have the same problem that someone else posted earlier in the thread. There always seems to be a single strand of web right under the driver's side mirror. I know it is only a matter of time before the f#@$er drops into my lap while I'm doing 70 on the highway. I hate spiders!

Quick Reply: a spider lives in my z!