Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 09:49 AM
Faluzure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must be dense, but please tell me if I'm doing anything wrong. I plan on going to ZDayz and am in the process of getting a room at Fontana Village.

I also do not plan on entering my car into the car show, but it seems to be suggested that I should fill out the form anyway in order to pay for my BBQ dinner. It is my understanding that paying the $12 only applies to the BBQ dinner on Saturday and not any other meal listed in the schedule. Since breakfast & Friday's dinner is listed on the schedule, how would we go about paying for those & how much is it (or is it bring your own food)?

I plan on taking my brother with me, but there is a possible chance that he won't be able to go. So if I reserve a BBQ dinner for him, but he ends up not going and I don't replace him, how would I go about getting the money back?

Again, my apologies if my questions are really dumb.

So, to sum it up:
1) I'm reserving my room at Fontana.
2) I'm going to send my payment for the pre-registration (BBQ dinner only).

Do I need to do anything else?
Old 03-02-2005, 10:13 AM
KShep

Originally posted by VandyZ
Yes there is a nice setup for washing cars . . . they provide water and towels . . .though I would not use their towels unless you want some swirls.

I think last year we were having to use some crazy soap too (if you did not bring your own).

If anyone would like I can see about sponsoring some buckets, soap, sponges / wash mitts, etc for this event by either the MTZC or Crawford Z Car. Andy, what do you think? Do you want me to take care of this for you?
Thanks for the info...I'll be in a cabin and will bring supplies...including hose, nozzel and bucket in case there is a faucet. Anyone who needs to use them is more than welcome.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:11 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by mcduck
I was told last year that those shirts are fashionable, not loud or garrish. Maybe we should have an outrageous shirt event one night....
Sponsored by ZDayZ and Sport Z Magazine. And the winner is...

ZDayZ and Sport Z staff are not eligible.

Bob
Old 03-02-2005, 12:58 PM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Faluzure (and pretty much anyone who was not there last year )

Except for the BBQ, all other meals will be available onsite in the Peppercorn Room. Fontana Village charges us a standard fee for buffet style dinners. Not sure if breakfast is buffet or menu. Regardless, each meal is independent and you pay FVR to eat (or go offsite). We encourage onsite meals because it gives us a chance to make announcements. To get you there, we entice folks with giveaways!

If I remember correctly, buffet dinners were $10-$11 last year. again, not sure about breakfast.

If you are not entering the car show, you can pay for your BBQ ticket using the entry form (leave car information blank).
Old 03-02-2005, 01:03 PM
mcduck

Well, it's been run by the ZDayZ Volunteer Staff and we will have some sort of outrageous shirt contest!

Still working on when it will be on the schedule. There will be prizes and (contrary to what Bob said above) because we are excluded from so many other things, we are making sponsors and ZDayZ staff eligible for prizes.

There will be no entry fee other than showing up in a loud, obnoxious, outrageous, or otherwise unusual shirt. Finalists will be determined by ZDayZ staff with the stipulation we are not allowed to vote for our own shirts (though we may vote for another ZDayZ staff member's shirt).

Let the fun begin!
Old 03-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Faluzure

Faluzure (and pretty much anyone who was not there last year )

Except for the BBQ, all other meals will be available onsite in the Peppercorn Room. Fontana Village charges us a standard fee for buffet style dinners. Not sure if breakfast is buffet or menu. Regardless, each meal is independent and you pay FVR to eat (or go offsite). We encourage onsite meals because it gives us a chance to make announcements. To get you there, we entice folks with giveaways!

If I remember correctly, buffet dinners were $10-$11 last year. again, not sure about breakfast.

If you are not entering the car show, you can pay for your BBQ ticket using the entry form (leave car information blank).
Thank you so much! I can't wait to go! This is going to be awesome!
Old 03-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by KShep
Doc..I know you had a long drive to the event and there is no way your wheels stayed that clean after such a drive. I am assuming there is a facility with water so we can spruce up our cars a little prior to the show if we bring adequate cleaning supplies?
All I have to say is, "HAVE ZAINO, WILL TRAVEL"
Old 03-03-2005, 12:22 AM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
All I have to say is, "HAVE ZAINO, WILL TRAVEL"
Don't forget the Zaino Fairies
Old 03-03-2005, 03:29 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Now, LG. You know it today's PC world, they prefer to be called "Zaino Homosexuals"

NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!
Old 03-03-2005, 04:32 AM
Faluzure

I look forward to meeting Dr Bonz! He inspired me to get my Zaino (which arrives today!!) But I have to wait, because it is still way too cold to detail my car (currently 19 degrees at the moment) Can't wait to see how a pro like himself does it.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Faluzure

Oh no! Many caravans that are advertising their drive to ZDayz are leaving on Thursday, May 19th. Do you know what this means???? Star Wars Episode 3 comes out on the 19th. ACK. Dilemma!!!
Old 03-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Maybe we can have a viewing of a bootleg copy of the movie at ZDayz!
Old 03-03-2005, 12:12 PM
Bini2

Great Idea
Old 03-03-2005, 12:36 PM
mcduck

Oh no! Many caravans that are advertising their drive to ZDayz are leaving on Thursday, May 19th. Do you know what this means???? Star Wars Episode 3 comes out on the 19th. ACK. Dilemma!!!
Episode III will play for months... ZDayZ is one weekend only!

Besides, do you really want to fight opening weekend crowds???
Old 03-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Faluzure

Episode III will play for months... ZDayZ is one weekend only!

Besides, do you really want to fight opening weekend crowds???
Yeah you're right. But I've always went to big movies on opening days though. I think the last one I did was Lord of the Rings. I stayed went 3 hours before it was to start. Was the first one in the theater and got my choice seats.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:28 PM
Destiny350Z

Maybe we can have a viewing of a bootleg copy of the movie at ZDayz!
I know I'm going to catch hell for this but , If someone brings the bootleg copy of Star Wars Episode 3, can you bring One and Two also... I didn't see those either!!
Old 03-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Lightning Guy

Originally posted by Destiny350Z
I know I'm going to catch hell for this but , If someone brings the bootleg copy of Star Wars Episode 3, can you bring One and Two also... I didn't see those either!!
Hell is being doled out as I type. Sameful. We, the staff of ZdayZ, have planned far too many cool and exiteing activites for you to spend 8 to 9 hours in front of a TV unless of course you are watching peoples videos of runs on the Dragon. Bini is almost a professional, but I don't know if any one can beat the video where Bini and I saved a bunch of you a serious head ache with the local law enforcement.

tisk, tisk.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:17 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

I never saw that one LG. Is it posted somewhere?
Old 03-06-2005, 07:00 AM
mcduck

It's the video Big SexZ has posted several times of his run with another forum member. At the end of the run, LG and another driver are stopped (not pulled over, just stopped) and talking to the officer as the two other cars pull up
Old 03-06-2005, 07:42 AM
Lightning Guy

I never saw that one LG. Is it posted somewhere?
Bonz, I searched for the link and found it but it is a dead one. Lil e will have to post it back up some where. What happened was Bini and myself just went for a run, I was leading trying me best to really show him the dragon at its best. At the end we pulled over to let them cool down. I asked him what s/c he had on the Z, he replied it was TT. I told him I had to see it b/c that was the first one I had ever seen. He popped hood and I drooled. we then popped hood on the L. WE were just chatting and smoking. A local cop pulls up as he was headed for the dragon. ASked us if we were OK. We replied yes. He asked if we had just done the dragon, we replied yes. He asked how fast we had done it, and I replied I'm not really sure I was just concentrating on driving. He stated that he had run the dragon in his cruiser ealier that day and couldn't really keep it around 45. While we were chating, around the corner comes, Big SexZ, Blue Dragon Z, the crazy guy from Lousianna, and a few others. THey do 120+ to naught really quick and just pulled in behind. THe cop looked at Bini and I kind of puzzzled. One of us replied, Oh Yeah those are our friends too.

So to all of you guys we saved, I like to call in that token this year. NEWCASTLE nice and cold.

LG

Quick Reply: Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread