Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 10:34 AM
Destiny350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Lightning Guy
Hell is being doled out as I type. Sameful. We, the staff of ZdayZ, have planned far too many cool and exiteing activites for you to spend 8 to 9 hours in front of a TV unless of course you are watching peoples videos of runs on the Dragon.
tisk, tisk.
OK, Ok I'll go to Block Buster this weekend!! Don't worry I plan on fully participating in all the activities!!! I knew I was going to catch hell!!
Old 03-07-2005, 06:32 AM
ExtaZ33

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

See if this link works for you guys...

Video

*Edit* Right click, Save As worked for me...

Last edited by ExtaZ33; 03-07-2005 at 06:35 AM.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Bini2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Lightning Guy
So to all of you guys we saved, I like to call in that token this year. NEWCASTLE nice and cold.

LG
One point add to to your story. While in the video the cop is headed away from our fearless Z Film Car, he actually performed a U-TURN to talk to us. He was headed right toward you guys.

As LG says, Newcastle.....ice cold, please.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:02 AM
pulpz2

Originally posted by redefined350z
See if this link works for you guys...

Video

*Edit* Right click, Save As worked for me...

Thanks for posting the vidieo. It's kick ***. Can't wait to drive it first hand.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:55 AM
mcduck

Default Quick Update

Book your rooms soon!

Spoke with Fontana Village today and we've already crested 70 rooms/cabins booked for ZDayZ. That's well over half. We will have overflow recommendations. But, as you can see, with two months until the event, FVR is likely to run out of onsite accommodations.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:20 AM
Destiny350Z

Originally posted by pulpz2

Thanks for posting the vidieo. It's kick ***. Can't wait to drive it first hand.
+1
Old 03-08-2005, 11:19 AM
ExtaZ33

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You're welcome I can't wait myself.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:53 PM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

new look, I like.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:13 AM
mcduck

Default Newsletter #4

March 15, 2005

Here it comes… More exciting news about ZDayZ! There have been quite a few questions on various web forums surrounding meal arrangements. Hopefully our topics this week will help clarify things.

Dining Hall

Unless posted otherwise, all meals at Fontana Village Resort will be held in the Peppercorn Room of the main lodge. This large hall should easily accommodate our group and provide a nice atmosphere to exchange Dragon tales over dinner.

Attendees will be on their own for lunch each day. We assume most people will be driving during the day and want to pick up lunch while they are out and about. All other meals will be available at the Peppercorn Room. Though if you want to eat elsewhere… without all your Z friends… you may do so… go ahead… we won’t make fun of you.

Meals served at the Peppercorn Room will be Friday breakfast, Friday Welcome Dinner, Saturday breakfast, Saturday BBQ Dinner, and Sunday breakfast. Meals at Fontana Village are at your expense. Breakfasts will be off the menu. Dinners are buffet style. Last year, the prices were around $11 per meal and we expect it to be similar this year.

Saturday BBQ Dinner

Following the Car Show and Group Photo on Saturday, we are having a BBQ dinner. The BBQ is being catered by Sweetwater BBQ in Robbinsville, NC. Some of the ZDayZ crowd sampled this restaurant last year and said the BBQ was fantastic! The dinner includes your choice of BBQ (chicken or pork), sides, and a drink. You can save a little money by pre-paying for your BBQ dinner using the Car Show pre-registration form.

ZDayZ Cra-Z Shirt Contest!

Okay, we’re not 100% fixed on what we’re going to call this contest, but Friday night during the Welcome Dinner there will be an outrageous shirt contest. Basically, just grab you most outlandish, craziest, most suggestive, and/or attention-grabbing shirt and wear it to dinner on Friday night! We don’t care if it’s a t-shirt, Hawaiian shirt, or other… as long as it is wonderfully obnoxious. We do ask you to please refrain from donning shirts that would be considered vulgar or derogatory.

ZDayZ staff and sponsors are also encouraged to participate. Each ZDayZ staff member will pick a favorite shirt (other than their own). The winners will be selected from these finalists and will take home some cool ZDayZ prizes!

Featured Sponsor Club: Triangle Z Club

Triangle Z Club is not your typical group of Z enthusiasts. Sure, they love their cars and have fun meetings and events, but like any good Z Club they have a personality all their own. Based in the Raleigh area, this group continues to be one of the more active clubs in NC and it is not uncommon to see a few of the TZC crew show up at other Z Clubs’ events. One thing that really sets this club apart is their event calendar. A typical year reads like a racing series! TZC is very active organizing track events for the Z community at places such as VIR in Virginia, Roebling Road in Georgia, and Carolina Motorsports Park in South Carolina. In addition to their very active track calendar, they still find time for a TZC Z-car show, club picnic, and more! If you’re ever out near Raleigh, drop in on their monthly meeting and say ‘hi’ (first Thursday of each month). For more information on track events, contact Stacy King through the TZC website. Their next event is April 9-10 at VIR!

Featured Sponsor: Crawford Z Car Service

Ever heard of these guys? If not, you probably haven’t been listening too hard to the word on the street. Crawford Z Car Service has been around for 25 years providing proven performance parts and excellent service to the Z Car community. The quality of Crawford’s Parts and Service is no accident. Much of their knowledge comes from decades of track experience. This translates into better products for the Z-Car you park in your garage and the thousands of other customers they have served over the years. To learn more about Crawford Z, take a peak at their website, www.crawfordzcar.com, or give them a call at 615-327-4159. If you get a hold of Doug, tell him the gang over at ZDayZ sent you.

Featured Sponsor: University Nissan

This year, we’re proud to add to our rank of sponsors, University Nissan of Boone. Located in the NC mountains, University Nissan is a full service Nissan dealership committed to meeting all your Nissan needs. Check them out for quality parts, service, and, of course, new and used Nissan vehicles! Never too far out of the way, University Nissan’s website allows you to shop their inventory and even request financing online. You can contact them by visiting www.universitynissan.com or calling 1-800-798-9826.

That’s all for this week. More information soon!

Andy Morris
ZDayZ Organizer
info@zdayzevents.com
Old 03-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Sins4u33

i think ill be attending this event with a few of the Northern Virginia/MD/DC guys....hope to see you all there, and meet some new faces or match some of these usernames to some faces finally...

Ben Y
AAM
Old 03-17-2005, 10:46 AM
mcduck

Hoping no one has to use this, but just in case....

ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon Refund Policy
In order to receive a refund for your ZDayZ pre-registration and/or pre-order, you must send an email to info@zdayzevents.com with the subject line "Request for Refund". This request must be received no later than April 30, 2005 and include your name, email address, contact phone number, and year/model of car (if one is entered in the car show). Cancellation will be verified by phone so you must include a phone number. Upon verification, a full refund for your pre-registration and orders will be provided. Refunds for payments made via PayPal will be for the payment amount minus PayPal fees ZDayZ was charged to receive your payment. Refunds will not be issued after April 30, 2005.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:49 AM
Faluzure

Originally Posted by mcduck
Hoping no one has to use this, but just in case....

ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon Refund Policy
In order to receive a refund for your ZDayZ pre-registration and/or pre-order, you must send an email to info@zdayzevents.com with the subject line "Request for Refund". This request must be received no later than April 30, 2005 and include your name, email address, contact phone number, and year/model of car (if one is entered in the car show). Cancellation will be verified by phone so you must include a phone number. Upon verification, a full refund for your pre-registration and orders will be provided. Refunds for payments made via PayPal will be for the payment amount minus PayPal fees ZDayZ was charged to receive your payment. Refunds will not be issued after April 30, 2005.
I may have to use this just in case my brother doesn't go. There's a chance he may not make it, so I'll have to refund his BBQ dinner. Good to know though. Thanks a bunch.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Bini2

ZDayz Commercial (DivX Plugin)
http://www.zdayzevents.com/videos/ZDayzCommercial1.avi

Last edited by Bini2; 03-19-2005 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nicely done guys!
Old 03-20-2005, 05:18 PM
mzack

Two more Zaino layers done today. Ordering some more goodies on Monday. Almost ready for the trip.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:43 AM
Faluzure

Originally Posted by mzack
Two more Zaino layers done today. Ordering some more goodies on Monday. Almost ready for the trip.
What the... how are you Zainoing in Michigan? It hasn't broke 50s over here yet... Kentucky is more south than yoU!
Old 03-21-2005, 05:37 AM
mzack

Talking Zaino

Heat the garage and clean the car and Zaino away. I need to put at least 20 or more on before zdayz. Going to order the body kit today. I am addictedzzzzzzzz.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:39 PM
zmaerd

I haven't read through all 13 pages yet, so.... If you guys don't mind an M3 tagging along, I'll probably be coming with Azaz to this event. I always enjoy the mountain drives and I wouldn't mind checking out the Zaino session. I'm a big Zaino fan already, but I might actually learn something that would help. Awesome cars, great road, what's not to like about this?
Old 03-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zmaerd
I haven't read through all 13 pages yet, so.... If you guys don't mind an M3 tagging along, I'll probably be coming with Azaz to this event. I always enjoy the mountain drives and I wouldn't mind checking out the Zaino session. I'm a big Zaino fan already, but I might actually learn something that would help. Awesome cars, great road, what's not to like about this?
What a non-Z there, OK I'll have company, sweet
Old 03-22-2005, 10:22 PM
Faluzure

Originally Posted by zmaerd
Hmm... Has this ever happened before? I'm sure there's not a rule that states you can't come. I certainly wouldn't mind it, but know that you'll be really sticking out of the Zs that are there. You may even get called out on it or harassed.

Quick Reply: Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread