2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 02:24 PM
nissan_fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Bonz
Nice Pics Destiny.

I especially like that one of the Brick engine compartment. Very nice.

It's funny but whenever someone posts a pic of the cars all lined up in the show, the glare from all the shiny cars seems to distort the pic!

Here is one I got on Friday during the rain and one from my cabin early Friday morning in the BIG rain.
Dr. Bonz,
I atteneded the car wash presentation and I had a few questions. Where did you say you get the microfiber towels from and the plastic water scraper thingy that really reduced drying time. Btw, I just ordered my Zaino starter kit
Old 05-26-2005, 05:57 PM
Z33Concept

Z-DAY 06 W00t W00t
Old 05-26-2005, 06:05 PM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by Z33Concept
Z-DAY 06 W00t W00t
You are only wooting because you are going to be in the cabin with me ... ooops did I just say that out loud!!

Last edited by Destiny350Z; 05-26-2005 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Z33Concept

WHAT HAPPEN TO THE TENT LMFAO.. I refuse to sleep on the hard ground any longer.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:22 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nissan_fanatic
Dr. Bonz,
I atteneded the car wash presentation and I had a few questions. Where did you say you get the microfiber towels from and the plastic water scraper thingy that really reduced drying time. Btw, I just ordered my Zaino starter kit

Towels are from Leo Cerutti at DF towel www.dftowel.com

The nicest MF towels you can use. Tell em, Dr Bonz sent ya!

Seriously though, anyone who saw my Zaino sessions and who decides to buy DF towels OR Zaino, make sure you let those guys know that you saw their products at ZDayZ and that Dr. Bonz referred you. That way our event sponsors will see that it pays to sponsor the event and we'll benefit from future sponsorship.

As far as the "water scraper" that would be my California Car Blade.

You can get them on the internet in several places. Here are a few:

http://www.autogeek.net/calwatblad.html

http://www.autobarn.net/ac20002.html

http://calcarduster.com/homeOriginal...Waterblade.asp
Old 05-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by Z33Concept
WHAT HAPPEN TO THE TENT LMFAO.. I refuse to sleep on the hard ground any longer.
I don't wanna sleep on the ground either!! We should be hardcore and sleep in the Z!! I'm sure there is some kind of award for stuff like that!!
Old 05-26-2005, 06:41 PM
mzack

I like the side view of the other brick. Much better than the engine pick. hehehe. Thanks for the pic post.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:45 PM
Z33Concept

Originally Posted by Destiny350Z
I don't wanna sleep on the ground either!! We should be hardcore and sleep in the Z!! I'm sure there is some kind of award for stuff like that!!
HHMMM MAYBE
Old 05-27-2005, 12:39 AM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Doug didn't know the camera was rollin when I suckered him into driving the truck.

http://216.69.176.92/zdayz2005/suvavah/dougdrivin.wmv
Old 05-27-2005, 03:54 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lightning Guy
Doug didn't know the camera was rollin when I suckered him into driving the truck.

http://216.69.176.92/zdayz2005/suvavah/dougdrivin.wmv
For any of you out there who are not clear on why LG gets so much props and respect for this truck take note of Dougs comments.

And I quote from the video . . .

"This m-f'ers a blast. God almighty. OH Jesus, this aint right."
On a side note, I have decided to become the LP (Lightning Pimp). He has so many requests for rides it is not even funny. I think we could make some money LG . . .what do you think? I will take a small cut, lol, the large cut goes to the fuel tank. Maybe I will print some tickets for next time.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:42 AM
mhoward1
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Dr Bonz,
The 240Z was a prime canidate for a before and after picture. Why didn't you wash and Zaino it for me?

BTW, for anyone here who won one of the Track Event days, there's aone coming up next weekend in Rockingham. If you are palnning to use your prize, let us know soon. IF there is anyone who wants to come and hangout, come on down.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:46 AM
jester7500

Originally Posted by Dr Bonz
Towels are from Leo Cerutti at DF towel www.dftowel.com

The nicest MF towels you can use. Tell em, Dr Bonz sent ya!

Seriously though, anyone who saw my Zaino sessions and who decides to buy DF towels OR Zaino, make sure you let those guys know that you saw their products at ZDayZ and that Dr. Bonz referred you. That way our event sponsors will see that it pays to sponsor the event and we'll benefit from future sponsorship.

As far as the "water scraper" that would be my California Car Blade.
+1 for the DF towels! I won a set from your detailing session on Friday afternoon . I'm 2/3 the way there on becoming a Zaino student...I've got the DF towels, I've got the California Blade, now all I need now is the Zaino!!!

Thanks again for showing me the light Dr. Bonz.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:23 AM
mcduck

Thank you Dr Bonz!! I was thinking about kidnapping your little friend and holding him captive for a coat of Zaino but then I thought about the emotional pain it would cause you and changed my mind!!
I'm glad you didn't... Bonz would have thought Yoda wandered off with me again!.

I second AND third this sentiment! I love Zaino, but Sal is real reluctant to send us (or anyone for that matter) product for show sponsoring. We want to keep them as a sponsor for next year, but because they are so frugal with the product giveaways we are actually considering courting some other vendors for cleaning/finishing products next year.

Bryan... that's a great video. Doug's commentary is priceless!
Old 05-27-2005, 07:17 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm shocked that Sal has that attitude - I'm a Zaino nut myself and have turned many people on to their products and I heard every other Zaino nut at the event singing their praises to anyone who would listen. I would bet that Sal has gotten more than a few new customers this week based on that, and of course Dr. Bonz's sessions too. How can that not be worth a couple of starter kits, or just a couple bottles of various products?
Old 05-27-2005, 07:36 AM
mcduck

that's the golden question, but check around. Typically Sal *may* cough up a starter kit to give away and you practically have to beg for that. We got two last year, but only one this year. I actually had to go out and buy a starter kit to give away at the second detailing session.

MESSAGE TO SAL:
We love your stuff, man! Hoping you want to continue to sponsor next year. If not, we may have to pull in Mequire's or Crystal Guard or someone.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:15 AM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by VandyZ
On a side note, I have decided to become the LP (Lightning Pimp). He has so many requests for rides it is not even funny. I think we could make some money LG . . .what do you think? I will take a small cut, lol, the large cut goes to the fuel tank. Maybe I will print some tickets for next time.
OK Pimp, let the good times roll. IT may even become a prize for next year. WE had discussed selling rides and if you didn't spew you got you money back. THis past Easter we went up and 2 out the 3 that rode with me, spewed like hot Dr. Peppers.

Bryan
Old 05-27-2005, 08:32 AM
DFTowel

Old 05-28-2005, 02:47 AM
mzack

I have two videos to take to my neighbor along with tons of everyones pics. I am trying to use this stuff to get the video work done for next year's event. post somemore videos or email me at mzack@prodigy.net. I plan to take the stuff over on Sunday or Monday and give him a couple of disks and some links to a few peoples pics.

Thanks.

P.S. I am trying to make in-roads with my Nissan connections here in Detroit to see if they would sponsor or more! next year.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:50 AM
BlueDragonZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Destiny350Z]Thanks guys, I had a great time!! And will be there next year no matter how far I have to drive!!! Party at my cabin next year! Some one is going to have to buy the alcohol.... heheheI will still be underage) But its all good I don't drink anyways! You know what they say "18 to serve 21 to drink!" So I will be serving!
BTW here are some pics!!

Hey Destiny, I see the mods that you're going to do to your Z next. It was nice to meet you and your mom. See you next year.

Manny
Old 05-28-2005, 08:30 AM
Lorca@Z1

Guess I owe you a beer Bryan, but if you guys had not asked me to move 3 times I would not have been the 3rd car out

I posted a bunch of ZDayZ pics here: ZDayZ

My personal favorite: Pure Pimp

Quick Reply: Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread