Here are all the pics that I took:
http://216.69.176.92/images/ZDayz2005/pics.htm
Old 05-23-2005, 05:26 PM
Faluzure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bini2
Here are all the pics that I took:
http://216.69.176.92/images/ZDayz2005/pics.htm
Whoaaaaaaaaah. Nice pics (especially of Shelly!) Haha. ... that bear... It's so wrong.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:47 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Faluzure
Whoaaaaaaaaah. Nice pics (especially of Shelly!)
Yeah, she was quite beautiful. I almost felt bad for her having to put her arm around a bunch of guys who had been outside sweating all day long, but I didn't mind gettin' up there and having my picture taken with her (twice even!) Seemed like a nice lady, too.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:48 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Kelly, I had always admired the pics of your car but seeing it in person was unbelievable! It is just stunning. Congrats on winning the Publisher's Choice.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:05 PM
zlessnomore

Kelly I took so many pictures this weekend of nice cars, but I think your red one was the best! Nice Z!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2005, 06:07 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by Dr Bonz
Kelly, I had always admired the pics of your car but seeing it in person was unbelievable! It is just stunning. Congrats on winning the Publisher's Choice.
Bonz,
Coming from you, given the car you have, that is one of the biggest compliments I could receive. Thank you very much. I have learned an incredible amount about car care from you, so I guess in some part, I have you to thank.

Thanks also for taking time to do the demos on Friday and Saturday. I attended on Friday and learned a thing or two there as well. It was time well spent.

You truly are a Zaino Master.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:39 PM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand there was a pic taken of all the Bricks together (minus mine because I was on top of Fontana Dam taking pics down at the group). Can someone post/send me a copy of that photo?
Old 05-23-2005, 06:58 PM
bhobson333

Originally Posted by mcduck
because I was on top of Fontana Dam taking pics down at the group.
That leads me to a question I have been meaning to ask. Nobody has yet posted a pic of all the cars at the dam. I have some from Gerry, but they were all taken before all the cars gathered. Please post the final gathering pic.

Brian
Old 05-23-2005, 07:02 PM
zmespeed

he what gears did you guys use. I never used 1st. always in 2nd for the slow stuff and 3rd for the most stuff. and i think i was in 4th for a while once, just like 2-3 seconds. then also what was your top speed in the twistyies. i think i hit around 106mph.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:13 PM
bhobson333

Originally Posted by zmespeed
he what gears did you guys use. I never used 1st. always in 2nd for the slow stuff and 3rd for the most stuff. and i think i was in 4th for a while once, just like 2-3 seconds. then also what was your top speed in the twistyies. i think i hit around 106mph.
If I'm rolling I don't use 1st gear. I'm not sure of top speed, too busy to pay attention. On the Dragon I stay in 3rd mostly, maybe a drop to 2nd in the one or two tightest turns and maybe up to 5th on the longest straights. I am consistently in the 12 MPG range and average speed of 43 MPH.

Brian
Old 05-23-2005, 07:21 PM
BobaFettm

Raw pics of ZdayZ event on an INCREDIBLY FAST server! Two choices... either... grab them as individual zip files...
http://webhost02.subnet6.com/derek/dragon1.zip
http://webhost02.subnet6.com/derek/dragon2.zip
http://webhost02.subnet6.com/derek/dragon3.zip
http://webhost02.subnet6.com/derek/dragon4.zip
http://webhost02.subnet6.com/derek/dragon5.zip
http://webhost02.subnet6.com/derek/dragon6.zip
http://webhost02.subnet6.com/derek/dragon7.zip
http://webhost02.subnet6.com/derek/dragon8.zip
http://webhost02.subnet6.com/derek/dragon9.zip
http://webhost02.subnet6.com/derek/dragon10.zip

OR as one main one...

http://webhost02.subnet6.com/derek/Dragonfolder.zip
Old 05-23-2005, 09:40 PM
whyte AZN

I had a blast, beautiful weather, cars, etc.. The dragon was so crazy, fo sho my nizzle. I want to thank all the Staff for a great time. Thanks alot for lunch Sunday Andy, and so very sorrie about what happened to the door panel. Congrats to all the Winners. Hope to be invited agian for next year.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:41 PM
whyte AZN

I had a blast, beautiful weather, cars, etc.. The dragon was so crazy, fo sho my nizzle. I want to thank all the Staff for a great time. Thanks alot for lunch Sunday Andy, and so very sorrie about what happened to the door panel. Congrats to all the Winners. So nice to meet all the awesome people. Hope to be invited agian for next year. oh and love the pix Andy, yea smooth... :P
Old 05-23-2005, 10:22 PM
n2az

Default Can you see Bob?

Can anyone see Bob in this Pic? If you focus on Bob's nametag for just three minutes, you will be able to see the Z-car!

Thanks again Morris and McDuck. I know this weekend was a dream come true for you two guys. It was the best Z event I have ever experienced.

I saw alot of my friends there having too much fun! One NC tag read "2MANYZS" ...No Such Thing! You know, Sorta like a girl too pretty or too much money.

Speaking of a "girl too pretty", I suggest we invite Shelly back next as the official ZDAYZ Sweetheart. I ain't never seen but one girl purtier than her!

I can remember your frustrations when money, time, and lots of efforts were expended for the no-shows (and once for the "show but no-go"). Good Job on a well organized event. I'm glad to see you linked up with the Z-heritage.

Next year, I'm plannin on "dragon" the wife through the mountains by the hair! Gonna buy her some-o-that Drammamine stuff
Attached Thumbnails Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread-bobcdz.jpg  
Old 05-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dougrace zs
...Andy if you still wanted to give away that t shirt you mentioned at Fridays dinner I guess you better give it to Brian with Adam and Mathew right behind. I think the blender was a big hit also but we definitely need more mixers for next year...

Doug

???SHIRT???

I'll see if I can slap together a blender between now and next time. I might have to make a 200 volt battery operated one though. 15,000RPM brushless DC motor. Shoulf take about 3 seconds to mix it at that speed.

??? WHAT SHIRT ???
Old 05-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PerfZ
I cannot say thank you enough - especially to Andy & Morris and the rest of the staff - yo guys put on one helluva event! I have heard only positives about the entire event and will be shocked if you don't get 300 for next year. The sponsors were very generous - want to thank ZEETOYS in particular as I won a set of his caps, but you are all awesome for contributing. Also want to thank Brian for the ride of my life; Bigsexxy gave me a pretty good ride too so thanks Jeff. 360 days until ZdayZ 2006! WooHoo.
Steve you are welcome for the ride, it was my pleasure. As far as your 'off' I drove by from the lower part of the dam to pull you out, and you were looking rather pale as the officer had you pulling the camera out of your car. I'm glad you are OK. I would hate for those roads to be the end of one of my friends.

To all of those who I promised rides and didn't deliver (Destiny, Stacy, and a few others I can't remember right now) I appologize, I only got three runs on the dragon, none of which were close to my record. Next year, I'll go up Tuesday or Wensday to get some seat time in. Andy and Morris are slave drivers, well not really.

I'll think of some really nice words for some individuals who helped me personally over the weekend after a nights sleep.

Bryan

Last edited by Lightning Guy; 05-23-2005 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:07 AM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lightning Guy
Steve you are welcome for the ride, it was my pleasure. As far as your 'off' I drove by from the lower part of the dam to pull you out, and you were looking rather pale as the officer had you pulling the camera out of your car. I'm glad you are OK. I would hate for those roads to be the end of one of my friends.

To all of those who I promised rides and didn't deliver (Destiny, Stacy, and a few others I can't remember right now) I appologize, I only got three runs on the dragon, none of which were close to my record. Next year, I'll go up Tuesday or Wensday to get some seat time in. Andy and Morris are slave drivers, well not really.

I'll think of some really nice words for some individuals who helped me personally over the weekend after a nights sleep.

Bryan

Bryan, nice to meet you again! I would love to ride in Lightning next year, so start a new list as well as the list from this year! LOL

Next year over 250 Z's for sure!! I'm spreading the word and posting many, many pics!!

Great job you all have managed to make a great event "FREAKIN' AWESOME"

Here's your beast:

Here's a little something you might like...My favorite view:

Last edited by shezzzhot; 05-24-2005 at 04:13 AM.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:31 AM
jmark

Originally Posted by n2az
Can anyone see Bob in this Pic? If you focus on Bob's nametag for just three minutes, you will be able to see the Z-car!

Thanks again Morris and McDuck. I know this weekend was a dream come true for you two guys. It was the best Z event I have ever experienced.

I saw alot of my friends there having too much fun! One NC tag read "2MANYZS" ...No Such Thing! You know, Sorta like a girl too pretty or too much money.

Speaking of a "girl too pretty", I suggest we invite Shelly back next as the official ZDAYZ Sweetheart. I ain't never seen but one girl purtier than her!

I can remember your frustrations when money, time, and lots of efforts were expended for the no-shows (and once for the "show but no-go"). Good Job on a well organized event. I'm glad to see you linked up with the Z-heritage.

Next year, I'm plannin on "dragon" the wife through the mountains by the hair! Gonna buy her some-o-that Drammamine stuff
Hey Robert, Derek wants to know where is his pic! Email it to me if you get a chance.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:02 AM
Faluzure

Well guys, I got some good news & bad news...

The Good News:
The good news is that I got all my pictures up on my webspace where I work. I made an album for you guys to check it out. Blame the blurry Tail shots on my brother. He said the curves on the Tail were too much for him to take clear pictures. Click here!

The Bad News:
As for the bad news... I recalled Doug (from Crawford Z) telling us about how the cops were talking about 2 fatalities during the weekend. We didn't know whether to believe they were true or not but one of the fatalities ends up being true. Yesterday, my neighbor saw me cleaning my car and I told him about the weekend. He said there was a fatality down there. In was in our local newspaper on Monday about a Lexington police officer who was killed near the FVR area while taking riding his motorcycle. Here's the link to the local newspaper. That sucks...
Old 05-24-2005, 08:53 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ZDayZ notes...

I officially make Bryan (Lightning Guy) an honory Z owner... he comes to more Z events than Lightning events, I think! Bryan, we'll get to work on those magnetic Z emblems so you can put them on and take them off the sloe truck... may even let you enter the show next year.

Robert... unless I screw up really bad, Shelley will be back next year and will be bringing friends. I think I'm going to have to order up some ZDayZ GirlZ shirts for some of our 'assistants'.

I've heard there was a LOT of po-po on the Dragon over the weekend. I apologize for that. Apparently it wasn't us... they were heavily patrolling because of the Wakin' the Dragon bike rally. Already trying to find out about next year from Ron Johnson (of www.tailofthedragon.com) to see if we can avoid the same scheduling conflict next year.

Not to take away anything from Kelly (kcobean) who has a very nice car, but I do want to mention a few other cars because we feel we really gave out 3 best in show award this year. We had the SPort Z Publisher's Choice which essentially is their BiS choice, which Kelly won with his awesome looking Redline 350Z. We also have the Peoples Choice BiS which all entrants selected. I like this one because it is selection by your peers. This was won by Mike Twitty, Sr's red 300ZX. Finally we had the "What's Hot in the Streets", which was kind of a staff BiS choice and was one by DrBonz beautiful Brickyard 350Z. We'll get the full list of award winners posted up on our website soon with pics of them receiving their awards from Shelley, who I maybe should be calling Ms. ZDayZ, and if we have them, pics of their winning cars!

Last edited by mcduck; 05-24-2005 at 10:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Official ZDayZ 2005 Thread