2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Body kit needs some dress-up.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 09:38 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Body kit needs some dress-up.

Hey all,
So now that the Vizage body kit is on my car, I'm emblem-less on the front and back of the car. I'd really like to put my 350z emblem back on the car but am having a heck of a time finding the right material to use to do so. I found the 3M emblem tape at my local auto parts store, but it seems so thick that it would make the little numbers/letter stick up too high of the surface of the car. Can anyone provide some info on what to use, and maybe a part number so I don't get the wrong stuff? I also found some some 3M liquid emblem adhesive, but that just plain scares me. Would that be a good thing to use?

Thanks for any/all input.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:25 PM
kcobean

bump....Okay, maybe this should be in another section of the forum, but it's a simple question....Come on...Somebody has to have done this!!!
Old 12-15-2004, 11:49 PM
vitaminZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i redid my rear badge recently. it looks so much cleaner if the side badge is used on the rear. the courtesy parts badge is way to big for the rear. i really got tired of looking at it so i changed it. it was really easy. i used 3M molding tape. i purchased the tape at wal-mart in the automotive paint section. it costs @$4.50. i have used it to install many things, it is strong and holds up well overtime. it is not very thick, i think this stuff is exactly what you need.

ps: get yourself another side badge, eliminate all the plastic stubby things on the back then attach the 3M tape by laying it down in a circular motion without going over the outer edge. when the two ends meet, use a razor blade to slice it so that the ends meet uniformly and flat. then put a small strip down the center, then one crossing that one. make sure to trim the tape so that the lines meet but don't overlap the tape that was layed down in a circular motion. that should raise the middle even with the tape on the edges. next, clean the area, line every thing up(use guides), unstick the back and place.

btw, how was the fitment of your vizage kit? any problems at all? i am particularly interested to hear about the fitment of the skirts. how would you rate the quality of the fiberglass? finally, how much did you pay for the kit?

Last edited by vitaminZ; 12-16-2004 at 12:01 AM.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:10 AM
DIE DIE DIE

I say just leave it off.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:12 AM
vitaminZ

Originally posted by DIE DIE DIE
I say just leave it off.
i would have left mine off but there are two holes behind the badge.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:15 AM
kcobean

Originally posted by vitaminZ
i redid my rear badge recently. it looks so much cleaner if the side badge is used on the rear. the courtesy parts badge is way to big for the rear. i really got tired of looking at it so i changed it. it was really easy. i used 3M molding tape. i purchased the tape at wal-mart in the automotive paint section. it costs @$4.50. i have used it to install many things, it is strong and holds up well overtime. it is not very thick, i think this stuff is exactly what you need.

ps: get yourself another side badge, eliminate all the plastic stubby things on the back then attach the 3M tape by laying it down in a circular motion without going over the outer edge. when the two ends meet, use a razor blade to slice it so that the ends meet uniformly and flat. then put a small strip down the center, then one crossing that one. make sure to trim the tape so that the lines meet but don't overlap the tape that was layed down in a circular motion. that should raise the middle even with the tape on the edges. next, clean the area, line every thing up(use guides), unstick the back and place.

btw, how was the fitment of your vizage kit? any problems at all? i am particularly interested to hear about the fitment of the skirts. how would you rate the quality of the fiberglass? finally, how much did you pay for the kit?
Thanks for the input.

Fitment of the kit was excellent. The fiberglass quality was great and my kit arrived with no major damage or defects, though it still cost $2K to mount and paint. The cost of all 5 pieces was around $1750 shipped from Rollin' Car Customs, so all said and done, it was around $3,800 installed. You can see more pictures of my car in their "customer cars" section on their website: http://www.rollincarcustoms.com/customers/