Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z-day!!! (Maybe???)

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002 | 01:50 PM
Old Skooler

Default Z-day!!! (Maybe???)

Well, I had called my dealer about a week ago, and he informed me that my delivery date's been moved to the 30th, just one day, no biggie, since I'm in the field this whole week anyway. (Field = Army event consisting of out living in the woods pretending to kill other people; I'm only out now because they needed me do some stuff back on post so I've got a few hours here) At ANY rate, today's the day! I rushed back here to check on the inventory on Nissan's site, and it's in there! Unfortunately it hasn't come in to the DEALERSHIP yet, and this is my ONLY chance to get it! If it doesn't come in today, I'm screwed because I go back out to the field late tonight and don't come back in until Friday, and the second I get in Friday I have to drop everything and haul *** to the airport to catch my flight to Virginia for DecipherCon (long story), and after I come back Monday from THAT, it's off to the field Tuesday for a MONTH!!!

I'll probably head down there around 6 (they close at 7) and mope around hoping for a last minute reprieve here. The wait is SO agonizing at this point!! So close!! Times like this I wish I was a civilian so I could say "well I'll just pick it up tomorrow..." but I can't do that and it SUCKS. And yes I want some cheese with my whine...lol...I needed to vent...thanks...
Old 10-30-2002 | 01:56 PM
BrainStorm

Default Re: Z-day!!! (Maybe???)

Originally posted by Old Skooler
And yes I want some cheese with my whine...lol...I needed to vent...thanks...
Well, I hope you get to take it home before you're too busy!

Here's your cheese, sir.

Last edited by BrainStorm; 10-30-2002 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-30-2002 | 03:14 PM
Zay

Damn dude your situation sucks. I was active duty (A.F.) for 10 years so I feel your pain although; I never had to put something like the Z on hold for Uncle Sam. Hang in there soldier!
Old 10-30-2002 | 08:56 PM
Old Skooler

Well.........I get there around 6, like I wanted to, and hang out for a bit, and I'm about to give up on it when....this big truck pulls up! And guess what's on it??? MY Z, BABY!!!! My wait is OVER!!! Woo-hoo!!!!!! Now maybe when I get out of the field I'll actually be able to drive it and get some decent pics! (If you look closely at this one you can see I've still got green camo face paint around my eyes from the field...this crap is hard to get off!)

This car rocks!!!!!!!!!!!! Viva Nissan!! lol
Attached Thumbnails Z-day!!! (Maybe???)-matt-and-his-z-.jpg  
Old 10-31-2002 | 05:47 AM
Old Skooler

Details I forgot: the car has NINE miles on it. (yes!) The service people at Bates Nissan are VERY professional, no joyriding or any crap like that, I'm totally satisfied with every aspect of Bates Nissan and cannot be happier with my experience with them. I'm going back out to the field this morning, so I'm letting them keep it to detail, wash, and wax it for me and they're going to store it in one of their garages until I get back. Of course, NO front tag (I made SURE of that, even telling the service guys myself when the Z was driven over to the work bay), it had all kinds of dust on it from the train on it but of course they'll handle that.
I'll probably drive it down to the airport Friday if I have time to pick it up from them, and let a friend keep it in a garage while I'm in Virginia until I get back. I'll try to post some decent pics when I get a chance. God I love this car...time to change my signature.
Old 10-31-2002 | 06:06 AM
Rocket2023

Congrats Matt!!!

Happy for ya man.

Duck and cover!
Old 10-31-2002 | 06:27 AM
BILL T
Charter Member #61

Hey! If you're coming near Ft. Lee, Va I can recommend a good restaurant.
Attached Thumbnails Z-day!!! (Maybe???)-poo-ping.jpg  
Old 10-31-2002 | 06:54 AM
Old Skooler

LOL, pretty good, Bill! I was actually stationed at Ft. Lee for about 2 months once, but I never saw THAT restaurant! I'll be in Norfolk actually until Monday.
Old 10-31-2002 | 07:10 AM
Sabre

Congrats man. My car was supposed to come in yesterday too, but it hasn't. Still no call! It better come in today or I will have to do this.
Old 11-04-2002 | 09:24 PM
Old Skooler

Hey JJ, sorry I didn't see this! I went back to the field that afternoon, and Friday the minute I got out of the field I hauled *** down to Austin to fly to Virginia. Just got back tonight! And YES we will definitely have to get together and cruise a bit!!! BTW, I saw another CS with 17" rims at the golf course by the airport about two days before mine came in...doubt that guy is on the forum tho. I'm going back out to the field Wednesday for a MONTH, won't be back until Thanksgiving. I'll give you a call tomorrow, I still got your number somewhere! Take care bro.
Old 11-05-2002 | 11:44 AM
Old Skooler

Default 211 and counting...

I'm at 211 miles now. Mine is shifting beautifully, no pulling to the right, nothing is vibrating, it's been rained on already and no water has gotten inside, no funny sound coming from the transmission either while it's running or when I shut it off, no grease marks on the windows...guess I got lucky and got the perfect car.