Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Almost wrecked my Z tonight staring at another car...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 04:36 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Almost wrecked my Z tonight staring at another car...

Heading home in rush-hour traffic, I hear a thunderous roar to my left and see a white streak come flying up to my passenger door. It's a stunning, absolutely mint, white Lambo Countach. The driver chased ME down to get up next to the Z, grinning from ear-to-ear and giving ME thumbs up! I stared in disbelief and nearly plowed into the rear of a car in front of me because I wasn't paying attention. When I caught up to him again I shouted, "That thing sounds INCREDIBLE!" and he was still grinning and looking at the Z.

Unreal. Supposedly there are SO MANY people who hate the Z, according to our trolls and C&D, yet I've gotten thumbs up from 996s, XJRs, an F40 and now a Countach. Life is good in Z land!
Old 10-30-2002, 04:52 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe I missed the boat, but did you ever post pics of your Z with the new wheels you picked out? Just curious to see what it looks like.
Old 10-30-2002, 05:00 PM
Michael-Dallas

Man, why do you always have the cool encounters? A few weeks ago, I chased down a pearl yellow Murcielago in Carrollton. I tried to flag the driver down, but the beefcake (he was seriously buff) behind the wheel seemed more interested in his cell phone conversation. *shrug*

Michael.
Old 10-30-2002, 06:09 PM
importriders

Originally posted by Michael-Dallas
Man, why do you always have the cool encounters? A few weeks ago, I chased down a pearl yellow Murcielago in Carrollton. I tried to flag the driver down, but the beefcake (he was seriously buff) behind the wheel seemed more interested in his cell phone conversation. *shrug*

Michael.
It's the Zaino, gotta be the Zaino.
Old 10-30-2002, 06:10 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by NSANY
Maybe I missed the boat, but did you ever post pics of your Z with the new wheels you picked out? Just curious to see what it looks like.
I never got any. A KILLER dealer out in Cali was able to score a wheel for me no problem. I would have went through with the Moda R6s, but they were +38 offset and stock is +30. I didn't want to tuck the wheels in that much and everything in the proper offset cost an arm and a leg.
Old 10-30-2002, 07:38 PM
aggie300zx

Glad to hear you got your rim issue resolved....now if we could just keep those brick carring trucks off the road!
Old 10-30-2002, 07:49 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmmm no one that cool has looked at my car, but Im sure youve all noticed that you cant leave the car parked for 5 minutes without someone peeking in the window.

"can I look at your car?"

music to my ears, so long as you dont hurt it, glad to let you look. love it when other people check out my car. none have ever driven anything as cool as your cars mentioned, but still fun.
Old 10-30-2002, 07:54 PM
Aloharacing

Originally posted by Michael-Dallas
...but the beefcake (he was seriously buff) behind the wheel
Michael.
Old 10-31-2002, 07:01 AM
J Ritt

Nice. I got the thumbs up from a brand spanking new 996 turbo this past weekend. I saw him up ahead on the highway..."oh man, is that what I think it is?"...caught up. It was a guy in his 30's...car was white with some massive deep dish wheels...looked like HRE's or Kinesis, etc. I pulled up beside him, beeped...he looked over, we both smiled...i gave him the thumbs up...he looked down at my car, starting shaking his head yes, and smiled.

I don't know what the trolls are always bitching about the Z being ugly. I get positive comments from EVERYONE, including owners of exotics, etc! I feel like a celeb driving the damn thing.
Old 10-31-2002, 07:46 AM
HouZton

Driving into work yesterday, an M3 convertible owner pulled up next to me and gave me a thumbs up, and I in turn gave one to his car. I am not a fan of the hardtop BMW's, but his M3 convertible was nice.

Anyway, he accelerated, and although he pulled away a little, the Z held it's own. About 6 miles down the road, I was getting ready to turn off the highway. I pulled up next to him and gave him a final thumbs up on his car. He had a big *** smile on his face and gave me 2 thumbs up.

We were accelerating between 55 and 100 most of the time as traffic permitted. I think he was surprised at how well I could keep up. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.
Old 10-31-2002, 08:01 AM
knihc2008

TWO thumbs up? keep your hands on the wheel buddy!
Old 10-31-2002, 10:17 AM
fatZo

here in Toronto, i get a lot of thumbs-ups from higher end luxury car owners, particularly Jags and MBs.