Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

I've seen the 370Z...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 04:56 PM
bruddahmatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ufraag
calm down
Go crazy.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Endgame

Have you ever thought that maybe he could not say too much? Let's look at all angles here..... Nissan would not have let him say too much, just enough to start the rumor mill going.

Proteus, if what you saw was close to this, does it look even better in real life? Does it give you the impression it is related to the GTR?
Old 05-14-2008, 06:53 PM
bruddahmatt

Originally Posted by Endgame
Have you ever thought that maybe he could not say too much? Let's look at all angles here..... Nissan would not have let him say too much, just enough to start the rumor mill going.

Proteus, if what you saw was close to this, does it look even better in real life? Does it give you the impression it is related to the GTR?
Umm...no. That makes no sense at all. He claims that he didn't have to sign a non-disclosure agreement. First off, I call BS as Nissan is very hush hush when it comes to this sort of thing. Look at how long they managed to keep the '09 Murano, '09 Maxima and '09 FX under wraps. They do a very good job of keeping things tight lipped. Why would they show this guy something and NOT require him to sign a NDA? Doesn't make sense.

Secondly. Even if he did see these so called "pictures", he claimed he didn't have to sign a NDA remember? If that's the case, shouldn't he be giving us as much information as he can since he isn't legally bound by any sort of agreement? DUH. Why open your mouth and give s**tty leads and vague information if you're not required to keep your mouth shut in the first place? Might as well spill the whole can of beans if you can rather than just a spoonful.

Last edited by bruddahmatt; 05-14-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Endgame

my bad.... i forgot about the non disclosure agreement thing... oh well...
Old 05-15-2008, 08:01 AM
i8acobra

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,027 Posts

For the record, when I owned www.hyundaiperformance.com, I saw the '03 Tiburon in '00 at Hyundai's design center. I didn't have to sign an NDA, even though I was told not to give away too much and wasn't allowed to have my camera with me.

This guy may be BS'ing, but there's no way to know.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:15 AM
in.the.dark

Citing the boomerang headlights and the electronic gauge (especially the electronic gauge) that early would have been impossible if he hadn't seen anything. The guy was telling the truth.

Last edited by in.the.dark; 05-15-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:54 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,447 Likes on 1,769 Posts

Originally Posted by i8acobra
For the record, when I owned www.hyundaiperformance.com, I saw the '03 Tiburon in '00 at Hyundai's design center. I didn't have to sign an NDA, even though I was told not to give away too much and wasn't allowed to have my camera with me.

This guy may be BS'ing, but there's no way to know.
He's been too accurate describing what he saw in comparison to all the info that's now out regarding the 370.

I retract my previous statement of ******** to the OP.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:14 AM
in.the.dark

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
He's been too accurate describing what he saw in comparison to all the info that's now out regarding the 370.

I retract my previous statement of ******** to the OP.
Integrity on the Internet? WTF? Seriously dude, it takes something to admit that openly.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:02 PM
07_350z_JP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything the OP has disclosed has pretty much been confirmed even the rise in the base msrp.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:19 PM
JSDZ33

OP wins. everyone who made fun of him/doubted him for no reason fails.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:09 PM
RedSled

Originally Posted by JSDZ33
OP wins. everyone who made fun of him/doubted him for no reason fails.
+1
Old 05-15-2008, 02:54 PM
06Gcoupin

Originally Posted by RedSled
+1
+2

Bruddahf4g, calm the f*ck down you panzy
Old 05-15-2008, 04:15 PM
aznmojo

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

the man has truth on his side, as u can see he never even lost his cool. Probably just laughing away at all the haters.

Props for sharing Proteus.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:13 PM
bruddahmatt

Originally Posted by in.the.dark
Citing the boomerang headlights and the electronic gauge (especially the electronic gauge) that early would have been impossible if he hadn't seen anything. The guy was telling the truth.
He said boomerang shaped tails, not headlights. Did you folks even read the original post? All he said about the headlights was that they had "a distinctive shape to them."

Then there are things like the "redline which has been pushed back" yet most speculation points toward the Z34 using the VQ37VHR from the V36 Coupe which has the same 7500rpm redline as the VQ35HR used in the Z33, V36 Sedan, EX and 2nd gen FX. How is this "pushed back?"

I still think it's too early to determine if the OP was telling the truth or not. We'll find out how accurate his description is when we get a shot of the rear and the interior gauge cluster.

Originally Posted by 06Gcoupinlovesmen
+2

Bruddahf4g, calm the f*ck down you panzy
Piggybacking on the intelligent "+1" comments of others. How original.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:38 PM
JSDZ33

Originally Posted by bruddahmatt
He said boomerang shaped tails, not headlights. Did you folks even read the original post? All he said about the headlights was that they had "a distinctive shape to them."

Then there are things like the "redline which has been pushed back" yet most speculation points toward the Z34 using the VQ37VHR from the V36 Coupe which has the same 7500rpm redline as the VQ35HR used in the Z33, V36 Sedan, EX and 2nd gen FX. How is this "pushed back?"

I still think it's too early to determine if the OP was telling the truth or not. We'll find out how accurate his description is when we get a shot of the rear and the interior gauge cluster.

Piggybacking on the intelligent "+1" comments of others. How original.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:13 PM
in.the.dark

Perhaps the original intent was that it was pushed back from the VQ35DE. Regardless, the tails are spot on and the headlights being the most talked about feature is definately due to their distinctive shape. Though that is vague, they are not easily described and he did say that the shape was reflective between the front and rears. He was right, you can let up now.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:37 PM
bruddahmatt

Perhaps the original intent was that it was pushed back from the VQ35DE. Regardless, the tails are spot on and the headlights being the most talked about feature is definately due to their distinctive shape. Though that is vague, they are not easily described and he did say that the shape was reflective between the front and rears. He was right, you can let up now.
In other words, you don't know either and the leads he gave were iffy at best.

I fail to see what's wrong with being skeptical about the OP's comments until we are given more info. I'll happily believe the OP once I see these "boomerang tails" and LCD gauge unit. To be honest, looking at the design of the '09 Maxima's rear tailights and how closely the 370Z's headlamps mimic the '09 Maxima's, I'm guessing that the Z will sport V-shaped tailamps but possibly ones that have their direction reversed from those on the Maxima (the point of the V pointing inward on the Z rather than outward like they do on the Max) so that the units more closely follow the Z's body lines. Just my speculation.

Last edited by bruddahmatt; 05-16-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:36 PM
in.the.dark

In other words, you don't know either and the leads he gave were iffy at best.
What I'm saying is that the OP may not have had the perfect words to describe the headlights because there had not been a term established for them, thus he defaulted to calling them distinct. Had they stayed the same, he would have ignored them, instead of calling them out.
I fail to see what's wrong with being skeptical about the OP's comments until we are given more info. I'll happily believe the OP once I see these "boomerang tails" and LCD gauge unit. To be honest, looking at the design of the '09 Maxima's rear tailights and how closely the 370Z's headlamps mimic the '09 Maxima's, I'm guessing that the Z will sport V-shaped tailamps but possibly ones that have their direction reversed from those on the Maxima (the point of the V pointing inward on the Z rather than outward like they do on the Max) so that the units more closely follow the Z's body lines. Just my speculation.
Sure thing boss. Check the images posted from the mag-x scans. The rear shows the tails with tape covering the upper portion of the boomerang and the dash shows the gauge.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:12 PM
bruddahmatt

What I'm saying is that the OP may not have had the perfect words to describe the headlights because there had not been a term established for them, thus he defaulted to calling them distinct. Had they stayed the same, he would have ignored them, instead of calling them out.
Sure thing boss. Check the images posted from the mag-x scans. The rear shows the tails with tape covering the upper portion of the boomerang and the dash shows the gauge.

I've seen the scans and while they correctly guessed that the headlights would be boomerang shaped, they were more "wide triangle" rather than a "narrow arrow" as shown in the recently leaked picture. The biggest thing mag-x missed however was the kink in the windowline and the roof which is a pretty standout character line of the vehicle that one would be hard pressed to miss if you ask me. Their speculative guess was no better than the OP's IMO.

I will say however that it looks like the OP was right about the LCD screen if the mag-x screens turn out to be accurate. I just find it hard to believe that Nissan would give the Z a digital fuel gauge. However I find it odd that the OP would miss the Infinitiesque center controller depicted in the mag-x screens that has so far found its way onto the '09 Murano and '09 Maxima.

I dunno. I'm starting to think the OP did see something, but I don't think he saw a genuine Nissan photograph. I'm thinking he may have had access to early renderings from a rag like mag-x rather than an official Nissan photograph. Much of what he listed matches up with the mag-x pictures, however like the mag-x renderings, he left out the kink in the windowline which to me is something that is VERY hard to miss.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:27 AM
SnakeBitten

^^I know you are on a quest to expose the Proteous Conspiracy but maybe the version he was shown in the focus group has undergone some changes since he saw it. Lay off the guy already. He has said enough to prove he saw at least some of the design elements Nissan has implemented on the 370z.

Quick Reply: I've seen the 370Z...